British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

Kent Vs Eastbourne Monday 17th August 6:30pm

mmmm not quite true look at Kim Mauger and Gary and Tony Briggs son of world champions along with Kelsey Dugard and many others that are they all apear not to have the drive and fight the parents had, but it seems hard to say no i dont want to race.

From what I saw Martin was a far better rider than Bob. though I never saw Charlie Dugard ride.

Now this is funny, not only had Len been beaten at Rye House and Kent he is having a dig at the rules?

The rider who held a German racing licence right up until late last week scored an unprecedented paid 20 points from the seven rides he could take as a reserve:

But Spiller used a German licence when he rode in the Youth rounds in 2013 and also when he did the under 19 at Coventry.

headed only once by a SLYDE Kings’ rider. It was an amazing second only appearance on a National League track for the rider who is based in Vilsheim in Germany and rides also in the German First Division.
A grade C rider who only rides against a grade C riders (A riders are international riders) (B riders are German riders) (C riders are youth riders) 6 riders per team and only c riders race each other.

Having ridden in German national championships since his very earliest junior days in 2007 up to an appearance in the Under 21s there last year and riding under a German licence, the initial decision when the Eastbourne club sought to add the Maidstone-born racer.
(Born in Maidstone and both Parents are English and lived in Kent all the family are British Citizens)

to their squad at this relatively late stage of the CGNL campaign was to say he was not eligible.
(But no reason was given apart from that he had ridden in a German championship but so other riders ridden in there state championships in the past and was not in the rule book.)

An appeal though saw the British Speedway Promoters Association’s (BSPA) Management Committee overturn that decision and so the 17-year-old has been able to make this sensational mark on British third tier racing in his first two matches for the Eagles.

Kent co-promoter Len Silver commented,
“I intend to point out to the Management Committee when I attend their meeting later this week the consequences of their decision. One which I don’t think is consistent with the rules and how they’ve been applied in other cases.
(no rules have been broken, just means that Len missed out)

It was highly debatable if young Daniel was eligible at all considering the licence he held and that he has consistently ridden in the national championships for the country where he held that licence – in this case Germany.
(But he did all the British Youth Rounds) (British Passport) as the rule book states

But if one accepts that he is eligible to appear in the CGNL, we feel that he should’ve been treated the same as the other national champion from another country appearing in the division this year, ironically also an Eastbourne Eagles man, Bradley Wilson-Dean. As NZ Under 21 champion Wilson-Dean was given an assessed average of five points – whereas Spiller has been able to ride at reserve.
(Spiller can come in on a 3 and cover for Dugard but he came in and covered for a 5.8 average rider Mattie Bates) so Eastboune are right with what they have done and can still change.

Having seven rides and scoring 17 points (paid 20) has had a devastating effect on what otherwise showed every likelihood of being a close match.
(All ifs and Buts to be honest not Kent have never beaten Eastbourne or looked close to it so far this year.)

Nothing against young Daniel who was quite superb out there tonight and looks an exceptional talent, a rider who hopefully will play a significant part in the future of British Speedway – but we expect a level playing field when it comes to the application of league rules and we don’t feel that’s what we’ve seen here with this decision”.
(No rules have been broken and you need to look outside the box to make it work)

Len then goes on to say he is a significant part in the future of British Speedway so he is English?

Have a look around you len as your killing Rye House and your doing a good job at Kent slowly Killing it too

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 1

Now this is funny, not only had Len been beaten at Rye House and Kent he is having a dig at the rules?

The rider who held a German racing licence right up until late last week scored an unprecedented paid 20 points from the seven rides he could take as a reserve:

But Spiller used a German licence when he rode in the Youth rounds in 2013 and also when he did the under 19 at Coventry.

headed only once by a SLYDE Kings rider. It was an amazing second only appearance on a National League track for the rider who is based in Vilsheim in Germany and rides also in the German First Division.

A grade C rider who only rides against a grade C riders (A riders are international riders) (B riders are German riders) (C riders are youth riders) 6 riders per team and only c riders race each other.

Having ridden in German national championships since his very earliest junior days in 2007 up to an appearance in the Under 21s there last year and riding under a German licence, the initial decision when the Eastbourne club sought to add the Maidstone-born racer.

(Born in Maidstone and both Parents are English and lived in Kent all the family have British Citizens)

to their squad at this relatively late stage of the CGNL campaign was to say he was not eligible.

(But no reason was given apart from that he had ridden in a German championship but so other riders ridden in there state championships in the past and was not in the rule book.)

An appeal though saw the British Speedway Promoters Associations (BSPA) Management Committee overturn that decision and so the 17-year-old has been able to make this sensational mark on British third tier racing in his first two matches for the Eagles.

I intend to point out to the Management Committee when I attend their meeting later this week the consequences of their decision. One which I dont think is consistent with the rules and how theyve been applied in other cases.

It was highly debatable if young Daniel was eligible at all considering the licence he held and that he has consistently ridden in the national championships for the country where he held that licence in this case Germany.

(But he did all the British Youth Rounds) (British Passport) as the rule book states

But if one accepts that he is eligible to appear in the CGNL, we feel that he shouldve been treated the same as the other national champion from another country appearing in the division this year, ironically also an Eastbourne Eagles man, Bradley Wilson-Dean. As NZ Under 21 champion Wilson-Dean was given an assessed average of five points whereas Spiller has been able to ride at reserve.

(Spiller can come in on a 3 and cover for Dugard but he came in and covered for a 5.8 average rider Mattie Bates) so Eastboune are right with what they have done and can still change.

Having seven rides and scoring 17 points (paid 20) has had a devastating effect on what otherwise showed every likelihood of being a close match.

(All ifs and Buts to be honest not Kent have never beaten Eastbourne or looked close to it so far this year.)

Nothing against young Daniel who was quite superb out there tonight and looks an exceptional talent, a rider who hopefully will play a significant part in the future of British Speedway but we expect a level playing field when it comes to the application of league rules and we dont feel thats what weve seen here with this decision.

(No rules have been broken and you need to look outside the box to make it work)

Len then goes on to say he is a significant part in the future of British Speedway so he is English.

Have a look around you len as your killing Rye House and your doing a good job at Kent slowly Killing it too

What happened to John, Eric then were they not good

Anyone got Lens Email we should send him this and point out his contradictions and where he is wrong Edited by Alex2000

Len wont read it as he does not want to hear the truth

Len wont read it as he does not want to hear the truth

He's so old he probably can't here anything

Slowly? from the ashes and burnt back down in under 3 years!

What Len Silver says sums up a malaise in British speedway.

He want the MC to make it up as they go along. Eastbourne have acted within the rules. If Spiller had failed to score, one imagines Len would have been silent.

Silver has a great record in speedway but his time is up. He needs to move aside.

• Like 3

This is the most of a response I've had from a thread I've started 51 replies :D

This is the most of a response I've had from a thread I've started 51 replies :D

make the most of it!!!
  • Like 1

headed only once by a SLYDE Kings’ rider. It was an amazing second only appearance on a National League track for the rider who is based in Vilsheim in Germany and rides also in the German First Division.

(Born in Maidstone and both Parents are English and lived in Kent all the family are British Citizens)

An appeal though saw the British Speedway Promoters Association’s (BSPA) Management Committee overturn that decision and so the 17-year-old has been able to make this sensational mark on British third tier racing in his first two matches for the Eagles.

“I intend to point out to the Management Committee when I attend their meeting later this week the consequences of their decision. One which I don’t think is consistent with the rules and how they’ve been applied in other cases.

It was highly debatable if young Daniel was eligible at all considering the licence he held and that he has consistently ridden in the national championships for the country where he held that licence – in this case Germany.

But if one accepts that he is eligible to appear in the CGNL, we feel that he should’ve been treated the same as the other national champion from another country appearing in the division this year, ironically also an Eastbourne Eagles man, Bradley Wilson-Dean. As NZ Under 21 champion Wilson-Dean was given an assessed average of five points – whereas Spiller has been able to ride at reserve.

Nothing against young Daniel who was quite superb out there tonight and looks an exceptional talent, a rider who hopefully will play a significant part in the future of British Speedway – but we expect a level playing field when it comes to the application of league rules and we don’t feel that’s what we’ve seen here with this decision”.

Len then goes on to say he is a significant part in the future of British Speedway so he is English?

Sounds like he needs to read his own rules before spouting off:

9.8 RIDERS MATCH AVERAGES (see SR 16.2 for Definitions) and GRADINGS

19.8.1 Riders new to National League racing will be given an assessed MA of 3.00

19.8.1.1 Riders qualifying by UK Patriality will be given an assessed MA of 5.00

9.9.2 The Initial Team Declarations may include:

19.9.2.1 A Rider with a PL MA of 6.00 or below i f not declared in a PL 1–7 at the start of the season.

19.9.2.2 A current PL Rider under 25 years-old with a PL MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the

Season.

19.9.2.5 All Riders must hold a UK Passport or have UK Patriality.

Wilson-Dean came in on a 5.00 because he qualifies for the NL on patriality grounds - absolutely nothing to do with national championships - which aren't even mentioned(nor, for that matter,are racing licences).

Spiller holds a British passport and is a new rider in the NL. That's a 3.00.

Bloody pathetic and motivated not by the best interests of British Speedway but by spite and jealousy.

Then again, when did the rules of the sport ever dictate a riders average when a member of the BSPA wants them on something else ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

It's this best interests of speedway thing. Totally daft, of course, but that's speedway for you----make it up as you go along; create special cases etc

• Like 1

It's this best interests of speedway thing. Totally daft, of course, but that's speedway for you----make it up as you go along; create special cases etc

You're absolutely right :approve:

One day they will learn that you simply can't have best interests of speedway and a rulebook. One or the other but not both.

• Like 1

With the majority of racing siblings the younger one usually turns out to be a better rider.

Quite the opposite with the Collins brothers.

Quite the opposite with the Collins brothers.

as far as i'm aware peter has said that steven was the most naturally gifted rider of all 5 brothers and who would know better than him.

if you fancy breaking your record i'd open a v brummies one early as there's going to be a lot of interest in this one