British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

Kent Vs Eastbourne Monday 17th August 6:30pm

Roy of the Rovers stuff!

Younger viewers won't have a clue :rofl: .

Seriously though, he is a real find.

Roy of the Rovers stuff!

Younger viewers won't have a clue :rofl: .

Seriously though, he is a real find.

Yes but how Eastbourne can bring him in on a 3 point average is a joke ?

Thought this sort of thing just happens in the Elite League ? :lol:

• Like 1

There are sensible rules and stupid rules, and rules you can exploit. If the rules say Eastbourne can bring him in on a 3 they are not going to say no.

He won't be on a 3 for long.

There are sensible rules and stupid rules, and rules you can exploit. If the rules say Eastbourne can bring him in on a 3 they are not going to say no.

He won't be on a 3 for long.

Agree with above.

What it does show is that Eastbourne will cover every avenue to be successful.

And make`s Mr Hunt at Kent look stupid when he kept saying they were looking at all avenues for a reserve ?????

So beggars the question how Eagles find them and Kent do not ?

To me just shows the lack of ambition at Central Park and who have stood still since opening.

• Like 2

Obviously I have not been myself but it looks a great venue and a nice track. Kent was once a good speedway county with the Crusaders and Highwaymen. It would be a shame if the current venture failed through lack of management planning.

Great meeting, serious racing with great passes in at least 12 races. Spiller looked mega quick, classy, and looked for his team mate every time. Really, it's racing like tonight that gives you the bug I am Buzzing after an 18 point loss.Nice to see Eddie Kennett do some skids too would have been interesting to of had a clock on his times, already seen on FB people going down the conspiracy theory route and worried that Lakeside are still trying to get in to central park. They must no by now they will not be welcomed.

Will check out to confirm when I get in but I believe Daniel Spillers Heat 2 time is either the 3rd or 4th fastest 4 laps around our track.

Edited by teaboy279

Cracking meeting the race between Bradley and James was the best I have seen this season.The score of 37--55', looks a bit one sided and it was ,but some of the racing knocked the higher leagues in to a cocked hat.Unfortunately several starts we're pulled back by the ref mr Holt ,all of which looked like perfect starts to me and others from our vantage point on the inner track just in front of the start line.i really do dispare at the moment of the state of refereeing in our sport. Spiller looked very good,,to good in fact to come in to this league on a 3 point average another ridiculous ruling by the idiots who run the sport he scored 17 plus 2 bonus from 7 rides and was the main difference between the teams, But you can't blame Eastbourne for taking advantage of the laughable rules,,with this team they can challenge for the league title

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Spiller = The Real Deal, the way he team rode on the outside of Owen was superb. Not my team but what Eastbourne have done is within the rules and to complain about them is simply sour grapes.

• Like 1

The only way the rules could be changed (though I don't want them to be) for the likes of Spiller to come in on an average higher than a 3.00 in the future would be to say you have a higher assessed average if you'd ridden in a league abroad. But that doesn't make you a world beater, Sam Woods has ridden in the Danish second tier after all. Eastbourne have done nothing wrong other and are pleasing their fans which is something not enough clubs do imo.

• Like 1

An excellent meeting tonight, some great racing and well run. The track was a bit on the dry side at the start of the match, but apart from that, a great time was had by all!

Daniel spiller.... That is all! Brad vs James in his TR was brilliant! Brad totally ballsed up the first turn and dropped back but the run to the finish just brilliant and his celebrations after that were 1st class. Thanks to Chessell I'd like to see him next season for us if we have to have a re structure which I'm sure we will. Kelsey- tried to hard but he can afford to do that for now! Obviously you can't make a great meeting with one team and Kent did do very well and put on a show in a very nice venue so thanks for that as well!

Absolutely cracking result for the eagles, sounds like was an awesome meeting such a shame i work evenings would of loved another trip to kent for sure. Spiller just absolutely awesome score for first time there, can see him at no.1 when he gets a new average then bates would come back for kelsey could see our team line up as: 1.spiller 2.wood 3.hopwood 4.owen 5.bwd 6.bates 7.andrews now that to me is a bloody strong side and can only see us winning the KOC , NT and gold cup if we have a team like that!

Again a change at the exact right time, the dugards yet again pull another masterstroke, serious hats off to them when you think they couldnt do anymore they pull it out the bag. Now it wouldnt suprise me if bates doesnt return and they get another little gem from somewhere in for kelsey, who knows lol.

No complaints from me. Any team could've made him an offer.

• Like 2

I see in the Kent report Len silver was saying that Spiller should have been a 5.00 average and not a reserve. Had he thought it through properly he would have realised that even if he was a 5.00 he would still be reserve in place of Matt bates who is 5.38 or something.

• Like 2

spiller gives you impression he could winalot in this league, top dog even......

• Like 1