British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

World U21 Team Final Saturday October 31st

Was surprised Secher didn't use the joker in ht 13.Don't think it would have made much difference in the end,but would have put the heat on the Poles a bit.But seems a bit foolish to use it against Pawlicki(or Zmarzlik either).And that is not with hindsight.I was thinking at the time of ht 13 he was going to use it now........

A lot of the riders struggled between bends one and two with a number of uncharacteristic falls.

Well done to Poland who were exceptionally good and Maksym Drabik at 17 years of age was great to watch!

• Like 1

Was surprised Secher didn't use the joker in ht 13.Don't think it would have made much difference in the end,but would have put the heat on the Poles a bit.But seems a bit foolish to use it against Pawlicki(or Zmarzlik either).And that is not with hindsight.I was thinking at the time of ht 13 he was going to use it now........

Because he already knew Anders Thomsen was out of the meeting, making Heat 15 a better time to use it?

Olympic Park looking picturesque as always, track in great condition. All looked impressive at practice on Thursday, but Poles clearly a class above and had no problem adapting to Mildura circuit.

On Saturday night they overwhelmed all opposition and won 15 of the 20 heats. Not even the Danes could stem the tide. Disappointing result for the Aussie blokes, never in the hunt, and Germany just a few bike lengths off the pace. So entertaining meeting, well attended (not full), but not much to cheer about for the home supporters. Great to see the young Poles and Danes live in this country, a unique opportunity these days. When will we see the senior wtc. here in Aussie. Gillman would draw 6 to 8 000, for that.

Any way back to Olympic Park for Phil Crump International on Monday.

• Like 1

Track wasn't that great in the first few heats imo, especially in the first corner. FIM officials also came on the track after a run of crashes.

Improved though with some great racing. The poles where loving it, both the riders as there supporters. Would have thought it would attract a bigger crowd....

I see from the Mildura website that they know how to run events for the fans.

Speedway meetings and related events from 29.10.15 each day through to Nov 2nd, five days of interest.

Pity more of the overseas riders will not be riding Monday night

Because he already knew Anders Thomsen was out of the meeting, making Heat 15 a better time to use it?

Wouldn't have thought so.Use the joker against the weaker rider and you still have the substitution for injury later.......still like I said it wouldn't have made much difference in the end as the Poles got to grips with the track conditions better than the others.See the Germans are saying the track was totally different from thursdays training......

Edited by iris123

I have seen on Facebook the attendance for the meeting was approx 2,000? Is that correct or is there another '0' needed?

I have seen on Facebook the attendance for the meeting was approx 2,000? Is that correct or is there another '0' needed?

Having walked around the stadium and watched from different vantage points I would have thought it was about 2,000, possibly a little more.

Mildura has a population of just over 30,000. The only large settlement within 150 miles is Renmark (pop. 8,000).

• Like 1

Not a bad crowd then.Holsted only has a pop of 3,000 and the municipality 7,000,but nearby Esbjerg has 115,000 alone

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to witness racing at Olympic Park during the course of my several trips 'Down Under' during past British winters necessitated by the fact that I'm allergic to cold weather! :) Always thoroughly enjoyed meetings there and, looking at various photos from this weekend's event, looks to be a fair sized crowd in attendance.

I was lucky enough to witness racing at Olympic Park during the course of my several trips 'Down Under' during past British winters necessitated by the fact that I'm allergic to cold weather! :) Always thoroughly enjoyed meetings there and, looking at various photos from this weekend's event, looks to be a fair sized crowd in attendance.

It was normal Mildura 30c, a good meeting they have moved the pits to behind the control tower you will have to come over again

• Like 1

Facebook wrong! Official attendance (confirmed by FIM jury report) was 2,688.