British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry Wed 19th August

With Ben Barker now in the Peterborough team he possibly fits as a guest for Robbo. The only issue with with using Barker is which average the BSPA are using for him for EL purposed, is it the King or Kennett rule?

Edited by SCB

If I had to guess I'd say Garrity will ride, we all know what he's like! Kus for Robson is fair enough but I do have to agree a change will need to be made if we are to win the play offs.

With Ben Barker not in the Peterborough team he possibly fits as a guest for Barker depending on which average the BSPA are using for him for EL purposed, is it the King or Kennett rule?

:blink:

I have been a member of this forum for many years, as a fan and as a promoter. I post in a polite manner, using my own name, and where I disagree with others I approach it in a pleasant manner.

I see no need for insults being thrown at anyone, including our promotion that has put together a team that has been top of the league pretty much all season, and been successful home and away.

There is, sadly, a minority of posters here (hiding behind pseudonyms) that think it is clever to throw insults, at Coventry and other Clubs, without having the tiniest idea of exactly what goes on behind the scenes at a Club.

It can't be a co-incidence that I am one of very few promoters who are prepared to post here.

First of all I didn't mean to be insulting and if I came across that way to you then please accept my apologies .

Yes you are honest and upfront with your opinions but so am I by saying respect won't win titles it's my opinion that's all.

But apologies for any offence caused

• Like 3

The important thing to remember is that our No1 has slipped to second string. Not only that he looks a spent force in every country he rides. I wouldn't expect to see any improvement even allowing for the fact he is no longer a heat leader.

Add to that the fact that Robbo openly questioned his desire to continue in the sport due to his many knocks to his head recently.

We have been held together by some excellent efforts from the rest of the team , in particular Garrity who has covered for a lot of our shortcomings.

When it comes to the play off we will need all seven riders on form as it will be a new competition and league positions will count for very little.

The team as it stands now, hasn't got a chance of winning the play off matches, sad to say.

Excellent that's exactly as I would put it.

Excellent that's exactly as I would put it.

If Garrity is missing tonight then it will show how much we have relied on him esp when no suitable replacements.

I have been a member of this forum for many years, as a fan and as a promoter. I post in a polite manner, using my own name, and where I disagree with others I approach it in a pleasant manner.

I see no need for insults being thrown at anyone, including our promotion that has put together a team that has been top of the league pretty much all season, and been successful home and away.

There is, sadly, a minority of posters here (hiding behind pseudonyms) that think it is clever to throw insults, at Coventry and other Clubs, without having the tiniest idea of exactly what goes on behind the scenes at a Club.

It can't be a co-incidence that I am one of very few promoters who are prepared to post here.

Edited for typo

I think you will find a lot of promoters post on here Neil, most of them under pseudonyms.

With Ben Barker not in the Peterborough team he possibly fits as a guest for Barker depending on which average the BSPA are using for him for EL purposed, is it the King or Kennett rule?

See the latest Peterborough news Shawn

Edited by bigcatdiary

Why on earth was Garrity allowed to guest when he was already injured.

• Like 2

Exactly! In the interview after the Sheffield meeting, Garrity said his back was killing so he was going to sit out Monday and try and be okay for Wed. That's why I was surprised to see he was still guesting for Leicester. Then when he fell twice, I thought we are screwed.

Was crazy to let him guest, esp when we had a meeting a couple of days later and he is the key rider for our team.

Looking at possible replacements Bates, Greenwood, Ritchings, we could be heading for a pasting. 😟

Exactly! In the interview after the Sheffield meeting, Garrity said his back was killing so he was going to sit out Monday and try and be okay for Wed. That's why I was surprised to see he was still guesting for Leicester. Then when he fell twice, I thought we are screwed.

Was crazy to let him guest, esp when we had a meeting a couple of days later and he is the key rider for our team.

Looking at possible replacements Bates, Greenwood, Ritchings, we could be heading for a pasting.

Not sure it matters i think Kings Lynn would be too strong at home anyway.

Perhaps Neil can answer that one

I don't know about Hans but Stuart has cast doubts about his future in Speedway we are now poised to be an active participant in the Play offs. Surely we should look at the antics of Poole in previous years they wouldn't be sitting on their hands with semis/finals in the near future they would be doctoring their teams with a view to winning the League, which has worked in the past. I agree Garry had been monitoring Garrity all season why was he riding a non important match when the end of the season is nigh. Is it clear that Sky are now covering the Cov match tonight?

Edited by abbo