British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry Wed 19th August

I know one match is hard to judge on but will be interesting to see if he jumps tonight at Swindon with Rob Lyon as his TM. To be honest Havvy doesn't fill you with confidence when he admits on TV that he didn't know King (his injured rider) was riding the night before and suffered another fall.....but hey each to their own.

But he finds"excellent guests to replace Robbo" while he is out injured we are told. :D

Allan has always had an unhealthy obsession with over refereeing starts something that was evident even early on in the meeting.

It seems he has never been able to grasp the idea that people aren’t there to watch him try and catch riders out they are there to watch speedway races.

The swinging dick content he engaged in last night was tedious, probably drove home with a stauner and a feeling that he had defeated Sargreant, in reality he cheated the crowd and got a decision horribly wrong. Which, when you are the pedant he is, is a rather funny bit of irony.

• Like 1

But he finds"excellent guests to replace Robbo" while he is out injured we are told. :D

He finds the guests Robson's 4pt average will allow. Madness when you think a 6pt rider would be like another heatleader but Horton/Havvy are happy to keep their head in the clouds.

If we had just scrapped in to the play offs it would be one thing, but after being top 99% of the season, it's worse that they are now going to throw it away when we do have points spare.

• Like 2

I would say Havvy needs to have a word with him but I bet he has plenty of times and the same with the Glasgow management.

That's half the problem. Havvy keeps defending Sarjeant's dodgy starts. At least he does on social media, don't know what he does behind closed doors.

On this one occasion, he was innocent. I'm not sure how the ref justified excluding both Cov riders anyway. If it was an unsatisfactory start, then the race was over before Garrity did his torpedo impression.

The right call IMO was to exclude Garrity and re-run with Sarjeant 15 metres back again. He'd have likely scored a point, that point still wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome, but would've given fans a lot less to be unhappy about. Biased refs are bad for the sport no matter what your club allegiance.

Looks like this guy is to Coventry what Turnbull is to Poole.

not sure what you were watching Sarjeant didnt move at all but if the referee deems he did and excludes him that it makes the Garrity incident irrelevant. Doesn't matter what way you look at it Coventry were robbed I'm heat 12

To me there was slight movement.

Re James Sargeant thought i would check my Glasgow programmes [14 meetings seen] guess what no tapes exclussions for James.

How many have you marked as unsatisfactory starts with him in?

He is notorious for it so it's becoming the expected.

• Like 4

What a rider did at the start gate 3 weeks ago is completely irrelevant.....

Edited by sparkafag

What a rider did at the start gate 3 weeks ago is completely irrelevant.....

Good job some referees make judgements based on what they see (none of the women are included in that statement ) and not on their expectation , otherwise Nicki Pedersen would get excluded from every race !

To be fair, I didn't think IRR was available for a rider that withdraws from an injury sustained in a previous meeting.

IRR was for injuries caused in the current meeting is how I understood it.

Come on, this "fiddle" has been going on since time began. Riders have always withdrawn from meetings claiming they have aggravated an old injury to allow reserve to take their place. why have Kings Lynn suddenly got the hump about it?

Come on, this "fiddle" has been going on since time began. Riders have always withdrawn from meetings claiming they have aggravated an old injury to allow reserve to take their place. why have Kings Lynn suddenly got the hump about it?

A certain James Cockle did it at Peterborough a few years ago, had one ride didn't fall then seen going home in van laughing didn't seem too much in pain to me.

No idea what you are trying to get at. My Facebook and Twitter accounts have plenty of varied opinions as one would assume when disputing opinions.

Except this isn't opinion, it's a matter of record, for all to see. He didn't move and the referee made a mistake.

Just checked the rulebook and it makes no mention of when the injuries occurred. Which makes the moaning irrelevant.

17.9 An INJURED RIDER REPLACEMENT (IRR)
Is a Facility that allows one certified injured Rider’s (#1-#5) remaining programmed rides
(including a ride in which he was unable to re-start but was not disqualified - FN) to be taken
by other Team Members (including any Guest Riders), providing the Team is not already
using RR and subject to:
17.9.1 The injured Rider not having completed 3 Rides
17.9.2 Only one position per Team may be declared as IRR.
17.9.3 All Riders with an MA below the Injured Rider may take one IRR ride each.
17.9.4 IRR is not permitted in Heat 15.
17.9.5 A Nomination once made cannot be changed.
17.9.6 A Rider taking an IRR ride may be nominated to take a TR ride (SR 17.10)
Edited by SCB

Kings Lynn wasn't given the IRR at Brandon after Lamebert pulled out were they? Kings Lynn put Kerr in heat 14.

Edit. He completed 3 rides so it's not allowed.

Edited by woz01

If the ref thought Sarjeant moved again even slightly in heat 12 (and I can't be sure that he did) then he was disqualified from the heat for not heeding the ref's earlier warning.

The official programme shows Garrity (exc) and Sarjeant (e)!! Anyone up with the SCB's abbreviations?

Edited by Skidder1

Not sure how it came across on TV but for a sky match I thought it was a good crowd, good atmosphere, programmes sold out, plenty of sponsors there and plenty of controversy. Goes to show you get a top of the table clash people will go! There is still Life in British Speedway ☺

• Like 3

If the ref thought Sarjeant moved again even slightly in heat 12 (and I can't be sure that he did) then he was disqualified from the heat for not heeding the ref's earlier warning.

The official programme shows Garrity (exc) and Sarjeant (e)!! Anyone up with the SCB's abbreviations?

Why wasn't Adam Ellis warned is a question I would ask also.

He jumped starts, twice, then delayed the start a 3rd time before finally being warned.

• Like 1