British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester V Poole, Mon 31st Aug 2015 (lions Last Home Meeting Of The Season) In August! Whats Happened?

It's 2.00pm

Rain is on again

A beautiful bank holiday Monday

Still dry here but dull, just been looking at the rain radar, the showers are still coming across our region, but just tah showers, following behind the showers is a very clear area, of fine a dry weather, so unless the track is now in such a state as to unridable, it should be fine by later this afternoon.

Hope the tracks brilliant drainage does its job again.

Still awaiting confirmation of restaging date and rider availability but one option is this Thursday this week unless there are some clashes that have not been thought about.

Edited by flagrag

Still awaiting confirmation of restaging date and rider availability but one option is this Thursday this week unless there are some clashes that have not been thought about.

It has been arranged for this Thursday. Edinburgh are at Ipswich so that'll mean no Masters for Leicester.

From the way the Poles performed at BV I think they have already given up this season. Just been looking at Swiderski's scores since he arrived in Lions colours and they are abismal. He has scored less that most riders score in a coupkle of meeting, why do we always see, a list of retired, retired against his name surely his equipement can't be that bad.

To say the least it will probally be his first and last season in the EL unless he gets some better form.

I think that what is needed is some new blood in the managemt, Norrie has had 2 years at it now and I for one think he should go back to the spanners.

I know what I would like to see but that will never happen.

From the way the Poles performed at BV I think they have already given up this season. Just been looking at Swiderski's scores since he arrived in Lions colours and they are abismal. He has scored less that most riders score in a coupkle of meeting, why do we always see, a list of retired, retired against his name surely his equipement can't be that bad.

To say the least it will probally be his first and last season in the EL unless he gets some better form.

I think that what is needed is some new blood in the managemt, Norrie has had 2 years at it now and I for one think he should go back to the spanners.

Oh go on.....do tell us!!

The three Poles have all been awful away from home. Its summed up by Wosniak actually improving his away average by scoring 3 + 1 from 3 on Monday. The two Ws have done reasonably well at home but Swiderski has been awful at home as well. He has only won 2 races (both at home) - one in heat 13 v Swindon on 11th July when the Lions were on a 5-0 and Doyle slowed to let him win and the other was in heat 10 v Lakeside on 1st August when he got away and the 2 Lakeside riders let him go so that the Lions could not put Doyle on a tactical in the next heat. Having read what the promoter said in the Speedway Star last week it looks like another season in the Elite League next year, unless they go for a set race night which is not a Saturday.

If they do stay in the EL, which for one moment I can't see DH doing anything other than that, it would be a huge smack in the teeth for him to drop back down, but if they do stay up, then they will need to take things much more seriously next year and they will have to put some more funds up to bring in better riders, so as not to finish bottom again for a third year, it is not good for the team or the fans to see a side that stuggles at home and away, put in some good home meetings but could have done better.

As you said both the W's did really well at home just failed a bit at home, a big loss was when they lost Auty, the reserves that came in had some good rides but a lot of them may just as well have stayed at home, never been impressed with Lambert, he is far to inconsistant. I is now wait and see time if they can keep Jason Doyle for a third year.

They started the season off with what looked like a decent side but as soon as the season in Sweden and Denmark started, the two riders brought in from did the same as the 2 from the first season and left the team, saying they where no longer riding in the UK after a week or so after being injured. Not good enough. When you pick a team you would hope that they stay the year out.

Edited by weatherwatcher

If they do stay in the EL, which for one moment I can't see DH doing anything other than that, it would be a huge smack in the teeth for him to drop back down, but if they do stay up, then they will need to take things much more seriously next year and they will have to put some more funds up to bring in better riders, so as not to finish bottom again for a third year, it is not good for the team or the fans to see a side that stuggles at home and away, put in some good home meetings but could have done better.

As you said both the W's did really well at home just failed a bit at home, a big loss was when they lost Auty, the reserves that came in had some good rides but a lot of them may just as well have stayed at home, never been impressed with Lambert, he is far to inconsistant. I is now wait and see time if they can keep Jason Doyle for a third year.

They started the season off with what looked like a decent side but as soon as the season in Sweden and Denmark started, the two riders brought in from did the same as the 2 from the first season and left the team, saying they where no longer riding in the UK after a week or so after being injured. Not good enough. When you pick a team you would hope that they stay the year out.

You might be interested to know that the Lions have had guests ride at no 6 13 times for an average of 5.24 and at no 7 13 times as well at an average of 5.71.

I believe that Leicester should be in the Elite league with the stadium and support that they have got but some changes have got to be made to try and make the team competitive.

Unfortunately it will mean an end to Saturday night racing apart from a few at the start of season before Polish league starts, this I understand is one of the conditions that Jason Doyle may consider returning to Leicester a change of race night as finding it too hectic and some proven support at top end if the team.

By changing race night should also help get more riders to come to Leicester in 2016 I know Norrie got the same answer from so many riders when trying to make changes I can't do Saturday nights.

The big question is will Mr Hemsley listen to advice he is given, he has made it clear in the press that he doesn't see any reason to change the track at present.

• Like 1

Poole to struggle to pick up an away point I feel - after the way they rode v KL.

Edited by Skidder1

It should be a good meeting if the rain just stays away. We have had a lot of showers today, with a rather heavy thunder storm last night, just hope this meeting goes ahead, as I wanted my grandson to get along to see this last home meeting, if it is delayed until next week, then he goes back to school, so any really late nights have been thrown out of the window.

Would have thought unless this meeting actually comes off tomorrow then the chances of getting Poole here again befor the end of season, is going to very hard to fit in for them.

TEAMS: LIONS 1. Doyle 2. Klindt 3. Walasek 4. Swiderski 5. Wozniak 6. Lambert 7. Wilkinson

Poole 1.Holder 2. Watt 3. North 4. Gomolski 5. Janowski 6. Starke 7. Newman