British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gemini

Storm Double Header ~ Today 7pm.

After the week we've had in speedway the last thing anyone should be moaning about is getting their monies worth when a poor lad is on the track waiting motionless for an ambulance at 10.45pm.

The crash was similar to Darcys. I only hope Dan is ok.

• Like 2

Dan Greenwood's health is personally more important to me. Yes it's unfortunate that two meetings didn't get to be run but Dan was in need of another ambulance and it would mean a delay which is why the meeting was abandoned.

I hope he's okay

Had the second meetings my not started 50 minutes late they may have had time to carry on the meeting. It's just typical of speedway these days sadly, meetings just drag on.

Obviously it stands to reason that I hope to Dans injuries are no too serious.

Edit - Same to Knuckey and Morley too. Fingers crossed it was more precautionary withdrawals.

Edited by SCB

Dan Greenwood's health is personally more important to me. Yes it's unfortunate that two meetings didn't get to be run but Dan was in need of another ambulance and it would mean a delay which is why the meeting was abandoned.

I hope he's okay

Probanly should have thought that one through first. Greenwoods health is first priority they can't just race around him

After the week we've had in speedway the last thing anyone should be moaning about is getting their monies worth when a poor lad is on the track waiting motionless for an ambulance at 10.45pm.

The crash was similar to Darcys. I only hope Dan is ok.

looked on the bees website and there was no mention of any accident. Just a few lines which ended

Abandoned after 5 heats due to curfew – Result does NOT stand

Best wishes to Dan,

RIDICULOUS. I and 100 more PLUS Mick Horton attended a meeting a while ago where it was explained that there is no curfew at Brandon Stadium.

Once again it's the travelling fans that are let down. Marketed as 30 heats for £15 all the paying public got was 20 heats, the lads from Mildenhall travelled for what, less than 2 heats each.

And you wonder why the sport is on it's knees

Your first post gave the distinct impression you were a disgruntled paying fan.

looked on the bees website and there was no mention of any accident. Just a few lines which ended

Abandoned after 5 heats due to curfew – Result does NOT stand[/size]

Best wishes to Dan,

When in fact you were just following the Internet......

The county ambulance didn't leave the track with Dan on board until 10.55pm, with ten heats still to run that would have been far too late for fans, riders and track staff regardless of any curfew time. As soon as it became clear that Dan's medical treatment would take some time the meeting was abandoned by the referee.

• Like 1

The county ambulance didn't leave the track with Dan on board until 10.55pm, with ten heats still to run that would have been far too late for fans, riders and track staff regardless of any curfew time. As soon as it became clear that Dan's medical treatment would take some time the meeting was abandoned by the referee.

Neil, there was not one fan there last night that moaned about the meeting being abandoned, Dan had to come first. But people do and did object to being lied to. We are not all stupid. There is not a curfew at Brandon, as admitted by Mick after an earlier debacle.

• Like 1

I wasn't there so should not comment and riders health always come first obviously.to anyone who was there did the first meeting get run as quickly as it should have?if not then I'd say that's why fans may feel hard done to.again I wasn't there , just wondering if there was the usual as if no one had any urgency getting the meetings run

I wasn't there so should not comment and riders health always come first obviously.to anyone who was there did the first meeting get run as quickly as it should have?if not then I'd say that's why fans may feel hard done to.again I wasn't there , just wondering if there was the usual as if no one had any urgency getting the meetings run

The first meeting had a number of restarts and falls, and Kent's rider replacement gave three two-on-the-trot.

Fair enough if the delays are unavoidable there's not a lot you can do

Fair enough if the delays are unavoidable there's not a lot you can do

I went to the Sunday double header a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the most enjoyable I have seen this year. It moved at a great pace, without any hold ups and with some great racing.

Unfortunately Exclusions and Crashes happen and can cause delays. The promotion have no control over this.

No rider-replacement when it's a Double Header meeting would be a good place to start,

• Like 1

No rider-replacement when it's a Double Header meeting would be a good place to start,

That's simply unfair. Why should a team riding as part of a double header not be allowed to use a facility a team in a single meeting can.

Both Lynn & Rye House were using r/r last night and there were no significant delays because of it. Certainly far less than in an EL meeting. Just needs riders/pit staff, officials and referee to ensure non r/r heats are run as quickly as possible to counteract the obvious extra time 2 on the trot needs.

Edited by Star Lady

Unfortunately Exclusions and Crashes happen and can cause delays. The promotion have no control over this.

No you're right they don't but sadly they are the reasons why more people don't attend Storm meetings because they happen more frequently in the N.L. I'll still attend but I know others who have stopped going. :neutral:

I went to the Sunday double header a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the most enjoyable I have seen this year. It moved at a great pace, without any hold ups and with some great racing.

They do have at least some control of running double headers (to be fair, Coventry do have a backlog)

Having two meetings starting at 7.00 or 7.30 means that they have to run absolutely smoothly, with no crashes or other delays.

That is unlikely so the chances of getting through 30 heats in 3 hours is a slim one - especially when the riders are NL standard.

http://www.gofundme.com/er37dtqc

A go fund account has been set up for Dan Greenwood after his crash during the Storm meeting. His Kevlers & protective clothing had to be cut off him when treated and he also had serious damage to his bike and helmet which resulted in huge costs.

If anybody would like to donate, I have posted the link above.