Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

British U-19 Championship: At Berwick, Sept 12

Another casualty is Birmingham's wonder kid Zach Wajtknecht - damaged his ankle on Sunday

That's a pity, I was looking forward to seeing him. Still interested to see the likes of Bates, Liam and Max Clegg was impressive when Edinburgh were down in the league.

Young local lad kerion Douglas should be in now that's 3 real locals to cheers for

Think liam well capable of at least a podium place. Hopefully a good crowd not made it for last few weeks due to work but going saturday

Young local lad kerion Douglas should be in now that's 3 real locals to cheers for

If so, three local U-19's in the British Championship says a lot for the recent increase in local riders, well done to Colin Easton and Gary Flint.

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

Who's Keiron replacing?....thought I'd seen Dave Morgan was riding instead of Wajktnecht?

Kieran. is the way to spell his name

Edited by To The Point

If so, three local U-19's in the British Championship says a lot for the recent increase in local riders, well done to Colin Easton and Gary Flint.

They have done an excellent job and the junior set up is one of Berwick's bright lights at the moment. It is also very encouraging to see the number of fans who stay behind after Premier League meeting to see the Northern Junior League meetings. If the club is to have a future it is very important to have local riders coming through, so that the fans have riders they can identify with.

• Like 5

Who's Keiron replacing?....thought I'd seen Dave Morgan was riding instead of Wajktnecht?

Had seen that Kieran was named as reserve and now been overlooked not nice for the lad what was the case for naming him as reserve for the meeting then not giving him a chance at his local track and someone else for the locals to shout for

Had seen that Kieran was named as reserve and now been overlooked not nice for the lad what was the case for naming him as reserve for the meeting then not giving him a chance at his local track and someone else for the locals to shout for

Whoever rides, lets hope it is not the weather that wins this one. Not the best forecast

Whoever rides, lets hope it is not the weather that wins this one. Not the best forecast

Wouldn't be like the weather to spoil an FIM / BSPA meeting at Berwick

BBC forecast gives rain from 9 in the morning until 5 at night, then clearing up. Covers? Okay it will take a bit of work, but if the club put out a shout for volunteers, could this work? Worth a shot to get the meeting on?

BBC forecast gives rain from 9 in the morning until 5 at night, then clearing up. Covers? Okay it will take a bit of work, but if the club put out a shout for volunteers, could this work? Worth a shot to get the meeting on?

I think Berwick Rangers are playing away tomorrow, so no problem for track preperation in that sense. Track conditions are crucial tomorrow as it is a meeting consisting of relatively inexperienced riders and in that sense you cannot have a track that endangers them in any way. The forecast has been wrong before, lets keep our fingers crossed as it is a competition which will draw on the die hard speedway fans and not the more casual fans, so it will be hard enough to achieve a good gate without having the weather against it.

Forecast isn't all that bad, there will be rain during the morning which could last into early afternoon, after that the forecast improves to leave a dry Saturday, in fact by the time this meeting starts Shielfield should be bathed in sun light.

• Like 1

Sorry screm but my forecast is saying heavy rain till 7.00pm

Being a positive thinker, I've checked two online sites and watched the BBC forecasts.

Screm's right, Sam's wrong!

Meeting on!

Being a positive thinker, I've checked two online sites and watched the BBC forecasts.

Screm's right, Sam's wrong!

Meeting on!

Really hope so, I'm quite intrigued by tomorrow night's meeting. Only ever seen one National League meeting before, in a downpour at Newport.