British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

British U-19 Championship: At Berwick, Sept 12

Really hope so, I'm quite intrigued by tomorrow night's meeting. Only ever seen one National League meeting before, in a downpour at Newport.

Garry Flint run a very successful second halfer meeting a couple of years ago, but he was not given permission to run one since, pity as it brings thre young talent on in a proper meeting, with no time constraints that occur at tracks like Berwick..

As said the weather pattern according to The BBC forecast has changed and giving a clear afternoon after heavy showers for the morning.

However Met Office is still giving rain till 4pm then clear for 1 hour then light rain until 8pm

Edited by To The Point

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Garry Flint run a very successful second halfer meeting a couple of years ago, but he was not given permission to run one since, pity as it brings thre young talent on in a proper meeting, with no time constraints that occur at tracks like Berwick..

As said the weather pattern according to The BBC forecast has changed and giving a clear afternoon after heavy showers for the morning.

However Met Office is still giving rain till 4pm then clear for 1 hour then light rain until 8pm

Could the Berwick promotion not let Gary and his team run a junior meeting in the recent free weeks Berwick had, at least it would've kept people coming to speedway on a Saturday night in stead of the stop start we had.

• Like 2

Kieran Douglas and Lewis Millar have now been elevated to the meeting proper. Two new U-19 reserves will be appointed.

Could the Berwick promotion not let Gary and his team run a junior meeting in the recent free weeks Berwick had, at least it would've kept people coming to speedway on a Saturday night in stead of the stop start we had.

I believe Garry wanted to run a meeting

Still looking for a texter for this meeting....can anyone help please?

Thanks

Weather forecasts tend to be fairly consistent, but I prefer intellicast.com I find that their forecasts are continuously and accurately updated, great mobile app too. Sadly it doesn't improve the situation for today.

Weather forecasts tend to be fairly consistent, but I prefer intellicast.com I find that their forecasts are continuously and accurately updated, great mobile app too. Sadly it doesn't improve the situation for today.

Looks like Met Office forecast is the more accurate today.

It'll be on, never fear.

As was stated last week, this is an opportunity for Berwick public to display to any new people wanting to buy into the club that there is an appetite for speedway in the borders.

Use it or lose it!

It'll be on, never fear.

As was stated last week, this is an opportunity for Berwick public to display to any new people wanting to buy into the club that there is an appetite for speedway in the borders.

Use it or lose it!

It's fine telling people like myself that are there most of the time, we may moan but we are dedicated to attending. It's getting the information to the people that no longer come is the problem, it's like telling everyone that are attending you can get a poster from the track shop, if you no longer attend then you simply don't know.

• Like 1

It's fine telling people like myself that are there most of the time, we may moan but we are dedicated to attending. It's getting the information to the people that no longer come is the problem, it's like telling everyone that are attending you can get a poster from the track shop, if you no longer attend then you simply don't know.

There`s been 500 posters issued to promote this meeting, so I am sure there will be one of these posters in the supermarkets, cafes, information centre`s etc all over Berwick and surrounding area. As Perryman`s buses are sponsoring the meeting I am sure there will be posters in the windows of their buses for a bit of mobile promoting.

There is one poster in the O2 shop window so the other 499 must be there somewhere.

theres one in all of perrymans buses so theres say another 20...

Perryman's operate over forty vehicles, so there's twenty more!

There is one poster in the O2 shop window so the other 499 must be there somewhere.

Surely there's one in the watch emporium up the street?

• Like 2