British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

British U-19 Championship: At Berwick, Sept 12

Surely there's one in the watch emporium up the street?

Question.

Yes there is, I have a Rocky produced poster, as does Skellys and Barrells.

Question answered, a happy ending.

Looks like Met Office spot on, black as hell out there, looks like it's going to lash it down, HOPE NOT

Can you put the latest weather up date about 5 before i leave on a 120 mile round trip please thanks

Can you put the latest weather up date about 5 before i leave on a 120 mile round trip please thanks

Met office up date says quite heavy rain 16.00/17.00/18.00 clearing 19.00

• Like 1

Still need a texter for this meeting. . can anyone help please?

Thanks

I'm at the track rain stopped and blue sky showing the track is in good shape considering the rain that's fallen wind getting up so it will dry out

Congrats to Josh Bates another British title to add to the riding CV.

• Like 2

Interesting piece of trivia (to me anyway)...Berwick's track and the old Custom House track are as near as makes no difference the same size.

The youngsters tonight were posting race times of sub 70 seconds. Back in 1965 when West Ham were league champions I feel sure the race times were similar, and we thought they were fast.

I could be mis-remembering of course, but if not then all credit to the kids. Josh bates at 68.6 on a par with Sverre Harrfeldt!!!

• Like 1

Interesting piece of trivia (to me anyway)...Berwick's track and the old Custom House track are as near as makes no difference the same size.

The youngsters tonight were posting race times of sub 70 seconds. Back in 1965 when West Ham were league champions I feel sure the race times were similar, and we thought they were fast.

I could be mis-remembering of course, but if not then all credit to the kids. Josh bates at 68.6 on a par with Sverre Harrfeldt!!!

track record is 62.8, it shows they are some way off

Actually a very decent meeting tonight. A step down from the Premier League, but a lot better than I thought it might have been. Couldn't have been the easiest track to ride on, given the heavy rain this afternoon. There was some disparity between the top riders in the field and some of the less experienced ones, but still some good racing. When you think back to some of the Starts of Tomorrow meetings, the standard tonight was a cut above. Deserving winner in Josh Bates, definitely the best rider on show.

Twenty two heats for a tenner, the meeting sponsored, each race sponsored, great attitudes from young, homegrown riders, it's the future.

• Like 1

...it's the future.

Or what could have been the future :(

Or what could have been the future :(

chins up scot we ben saved b4 n will agian

pissed down all day 2day so well don razer n happy for giving us speedway 2nite