British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

British U-19 Championship: At Berwick, Sept 12

Meaning?

Why would the Promotion publish negative comments if there was any, it wouldnt be wise IMO .I also disagree regarding some of Dick Barrie's comments in the last programme but it is his opinion which he is entitled too .Personaly I find the PR a little bit too condescending on some topics, but again that is only my opinion.Sincerly hope the Club survives in these difficult times,the Promotion have done a lot of good work ,but they have also had a hiccups along the way.(excluding injury problems over their time in charge).It doesn't help that the sport is in decline.

Ps.

"Meaning"

• Like 1

They have also managed to Promote via the normal media in quite an extensive way, if they have paid for that, then they evidently see the benefits of it, it's more likely though that they have a good Promotion team and understand PR.

No better promotion than word of mouth from the people going, for example I know a couple of people who have been and they have said what a great experience they had, so much so they have been again. The transformation to Glasgow Speedway is example of what can happen when something is really promoted on a constant bases, and not just meetings here and there as some clubs do.

No better promotion than word of mouth from the people going, for example I know a couple of people who have been and they have said what a great experience they had, so much so they have been again. The transformation to Glasgow Speedway is example of what can happen when something is really promoted on a constant bases, and not just meetings here and there as some clubs do.

Exactly, they have been a great example for others to follow this season. And as they have pointed out in the Speedway Star, they have attracted enough fans where they are now reaching break even point, which I would imagine, for nearly all speedway clubs, would be an ideal position. Let's hope that other promotions look at this and follow suit.

Exactly, they have been a great example for others to follow this season. And as they have pointed out in the Speedway Star, they have attracted enough fans where they are now reaching break even point, which I would imagine, for nearly all speedway clubs, would be an ideal position. Let's hope that other promotions look at this and follow suit.

Agree with you, everything is relative, clearly Berwick don't have the kind of money Glasgow have to spend on promotional ideas but for the likes of Berwick a little promotion could go along way. Unsure of Berwick`s break even figure, it would be interesting to know how many times it has been reached this season, judging by the crowds of late not many of those would be break even I would guess.

Agree with you, everything is relative, clearly Berwick don't have the kind of money Glasgow have to spend on promotional ideas but for the likes of Berwick a little promotion could go along way. Unsure of Berwick`s break even figure, it would be interesting to know how many times it has been reached this season, judging by the crowds of late not many of those would be break even I would guess.

Very few I would imagine, the two Edinburgh meetings, the two Glasgow meetings, the Sky meeting against Peterborough?

• Like 1