Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
villiers210

Appeal To All Promoters And Supporters Of Uk Speedway

Can I start by just saying that apart from recognising that Northside Speedway is one of the best things that has happened in our sport here in the UK, I have no involvement with them whatsoever. However, I was sickened to hear the news yesterday that mindless vandals had trashed the place and threatened its future.

The cost to reopen it is apparently sizeable. I have seen first hand the work these volunteers do. Northside is no ordinary speedway track. It is for youngsters starting out in the sport from aged 8 years. Not only is it a first class facility for training would-be UK future champions, but it also gives youngsters much needed focus and an interest in an activity that is far better than them roaming the streets with nothing to do.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a donation no matter how small. If its only a couple of quid it doesnt matter. Speedway promoters - a donation is an investment in your business!! Supporters - these kids are the starts of the future and every supporter of UK speedway has an interest in keeping Northside open. Nobody is asking for huge individual amounts, but collectively we CAN make a difference. Donations can be made anonymously. Every £1 counts. I have no idea who set this fund up, but let's all do our bit to help out here. Make a difference now by visiting:

http://www.gofundme.com/7s2wrh9w

Thank you

Edited by villiers210
  • Like 2

I agree with all you say and Kyle Bickley set up the fund - he is one of the young riders you speak of and yes they are certainly deserving of all our support.

I have a few queries: think bucket collections needed at our UK tracks as I am sure there are others like me who do not use PayPal or are prepared to give out details of Credit cards etc. to these sites but wish to donate but prefer it to be cash - many speedway fans are like me "mature in years" and not so familiar with technology and modern methods of charity funding of this nature.

Do Northside have insurance cover to help with any of the cost of replacement here and once done how will they secure the site against further attacks of this nature? On seeing the photographs my first thought was an air fence left out is particularly vulnerable to vandalism. I hope those that did this are caught and punished severely but it's probably unlikely.

I agree with all you say and Kyle Bickley set up the fund - he is one of the young riders you speak of and yes they are certainly deserving of all our support.

I have a few queries: think bucket collections needed at our UK tracks as I am sure there are others like me who do not use PayPal or are prepared to give out details of Credit cards etc. to these sites but wish to donate but prefer it to be cash - many speedway fans are like me "mature in years" and not so familiar with technology and modern methods of charity funding of this nature.

Do Northside have insurance cover to help with any of the cost of replacement here and once done how will they secure the site against further attacks of this nature? On seeing the photographs my first thought was an air fence left out is particularly vulnerable to vandalism. I hope those that did this are caught and punished severely but it's probably unlikely.

Can't answer your questions personally - perhaps a someone from Northside could help. I do know that CCTV was being muted yesterday.

What a good idea with regard to bucket collections at UK tracks. I know that there is always a collection going on for "something or other" but Northside is just too important to lose.

I believe Northside will be able to run a meeting at end of September, hopefully this is true. picked it up from info elsewhere

They have already had an Amateur meeting last Saturday, a week after the vandals struck. 23 air fence panels that were slashed, have been patched up so meetings are now back on with other matters being attended to soon. The round of the BYC that had to be postponed, has now being rearranged and is due to be held on 26th September. I think they intend to run training days through till November, then pack up and store the air fence for the winter.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1