British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry V Lakeside Monday 31st August

Fear this could be the lowest attendance at Brandon for many years. Poor opposition, Monday night, full price, 2 more home meetings this week, the Sky blues at home and a weather forecast that's less than encouraging.

Attendance - One lady and her dog ;)

Would it help if I take two? I've got a spare at home.

......woz01.....Wolverhampton v Belle Vue.

Are there two Sky matches this week then? :unsure:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

If its a poor crowd today and then Wednesday will be a poor crowd too. Very few will pay £18 for a meeting on Sky, it should be £10 for all.

If its a poor crowd today and then Wednesday will be a poor crowd too. Very few will pay £18 for a meeting on Sky, it should be £10 for all.

It will be off anyway

It's still early so still a while to see how the weather is for the next couple of hours.

Hoping we get to see some racing today. It would be good for the riders esp Howarth to have some race time before Wednesday's Sky meeting.

With Lakeside and Coventry both having no meetings next week, surely if this does get called off then a new date would be announced asap.

How can Lakeside have Aaron guesting for them when Swindon are here on Wednesday?

Because Summers won't be guesting twice. On Wednesday he will be riding for his own team.

Checking the weather just now, Binley is due rain until 3pm; then it stops, before further rain from 6-9pm.

I really can't see this meeting going ahead. Clearly, if Sky Sports and Go Speed were in town, it could potentially be a different story.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Coventry's appeal to the Speedway Control Bureau following the outcome of their statement on 16th July? The SCB seemed relatively quick (by their standards) dealing with the intitial fines; but what happened to Cov's subsequent appeal that they stated they'd make?

And also, what happened to Coventry Promotion's complaint about Sky and Go Speed's decision to run the meeting in the first instance? Are we to assume that The Chuckle Brothers now have no case to answer; despite Mick Horton apparently having sufficient evidence to the contrary?

Just to add that I fully supported Cov over this debacle but something doesn't seem to sit right here. Maybe, the 3 Grand fine handed out to the club (not the riders) would be 'dropped on appeal' if Cov agreed to keep schtum and not drag Wide Boy and The Fat Controller's names through the mud (despite the fact they are happy for riders to race in it).

So many unanswered questions, eh? And it's just gone oh so very quiet recently. It does tend to make one just a tad cynical.

• Like 1

They'll give this meeting every chance to go ahead with the backlog of fixtures. A dry afternoon is forecast and if it did go ahead it won't be pretty.

They'll give this meeting every chance to go ahead with the backlog of fixtures. A dry afternoon is forecast and if it did go ahead it won't be pretty.

Given how dire we are away from home, it would hardly be a spectacle to behold; even if it was the finest Bank Holiday Monday on record mate!

• Like 1

Not sure about during the night but It has been raining since I got up at 7am.

Not looking good at the moment.

I think the whole week will be a washout, that will make things interesting