British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lukas

Panthers V Somerset 31/08

My other half who is not a speedway fan, said he would take me tonight.

Panthers riders are so slow out of the gate, track poor.

Really disappointed in the whole meeting, it wasn't worth the entrance money.....

Wish we had stayed at home..........

Being a Saturday evening also took my other half who is not a speedway fan and she asked me towards the end why I was looking so miserable! Actually, I expected a Rebels win but not such a disappointing and weak performance from the Panthers. In particular I cannot understand why so many of our riders are continually so bad at gating. I have now seen Ipswich, Plymouth, Edinburgh and now Somerset take us to the cleaners on our own track and invariably their riders being in front from the first corner. (Our guys perhaps need a training session from Greg or Nikki.)

Sadly,I think we don't stand a chance against any other team in the play-offs. On current form we do not even deserve to be there and before anyone jumps down my throat I am not a defeatist, just a realist. To be fair to Barker and Thomsen they did O'K but the rest have completely lost their early season form and most disappointing of all is that it appears their determination and will to win has disappeared.

• Like 1

how are you going to replace konopka this season ?

So I repeat, I think he has come back too soon

Dont need to repeat nothing I heard you the first time

How can the track be so crap after the rain put some moisture in it ? Think we need a new track man, because it was gate & go & the normal excuse we get on a Sunday afternoon has gone out the window. Not that I am making excuses for our performance, because we were awful out the gate all night. Even Brady Kurtz made no impression when he missed the gate, & god help the chance of any newcomers coming back after watching that rubbish.

• Like 1

Did you see who he beat though....

S. Lambert and no-one of note.

Check it out.

Sam masters is still struggling with his broken hand and he was out 2 or 3 weeks longer than Osty.

I have, and you are correct..

as barker said on the mic if they ride like that they'll be going nowhere ,

it was all just a noise.

I didn't think that the track was that bad. One team was at the races and the other wasn't. It could have been the best prepared track in the world but we'd have still struggled for 5 (yes 5) race winners on our own circuit.

it was all just a noise.

I didn't think that the track was that bad. One team was at the races and the other wasn't. It could have been the best prepared track in the world but we'd have still struggled for 5 (yes 5) race winners on our own circuit.

the winning times suggest there was nothing up with the track (it was grippy) ,zummerset had no problem with it panthers were so poor out the gate it beggars belief

The lack of a proper number 1 is what is biting is imo.

As for Grondal being a triumph card at reserve he was dire

M.P.T is the worse has been pants for weeks (I went after heat 13) so never seen 14 , for all the effort ged and co and put in some riders should be ashamed of themselves esp our captain , barker wasn't impressed with his heat 13 exploits either , we keep hearing about team spirit , we look like a team that's going thro the motions (on track)

look at the likes of wright and starke (very impressive ) who looked liked they'd been riding the track for years and were enjoying it

• Like 1

the winning times suggest there was nothing up with the track (it was grippy) ,zummerset had no problem with it panthers were so poor out the gate it beggars belief

Decent times just mean that it's possible to go fast in fresh air out front. It doesn't IMO make it a decent track for racing. Tbh we very rarely hear that Panthers were sharp out of the gate at home, it's only something that we read away, so Panthers were just Panthers in terms of gating. The problem here is that a fit, quality, 6 man (if you take Chessell out of the equation) team turned up to expose all of our weaknesses. Ged and Co have done well with what they've put on track throughout the season but the best teams now are settled and confident. You can't be a work in progress at this stage of the season.

Edited by Crump99

I disagree..it was far from grippy.

How did Anders get on looks like not too bad a debut ?.