British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Swindon V Coventry Select Thur 4th Sep

I'd never seen that before and thought it was just Watters inventing a new rule but I'm probably wrong, as usual. I'm sure someone will let me know!

You are no longer allowed to leave the track after an unsatisfactory start. It appears that Morris knew the rules because someone brought his spare bike out for him.

The rule came in to force this year.

Maybe so ..but why was the pit gate open ..it's a silly rule anyhow ....if you put the 2 mins warning on what does matter what they do as long as they get to the get in time ? if wright chooses to go to the pits then that's his look out .

• Like 1

Maybe so ..but why was the pit gate open ..it's a silly rule anyhow ....if you put the 2 mins warning on what does matter what they do as long as they get to the get in time ? if wright chooses to go to the pits then that's his look out .

I totally agree with you but the refs are told what the rules are and are meant to apply them. As for the pit gate being opened how do you suggest they get a spare bike out.

I think you have got kelvin to thank for this new stupid rule with all his bleating about riders going back to the pits.

I totally agree with you but the refs are told what the rules are and are meant to apply them. As for the pit gate being opened how do you suggest they get a spare bike out.

I think you have got kelvin to thank for this new stupid rule with all his bleating about riders going back to the pits.

What spare bike come out ?

• Like 1

The one that came out for Morris in Heat 3 and the one that that Wright presumably went in to get.

So no spare came out then ? so the why was the pit gate open if not allowed to go back into the pits ?

• Like 1

No Morris used his own spare bike but as that was playing up on the way to tapes then Aaron brought his out but it wasn't used.

So no spare came out then ? so the why was the pit gate open if not allowed to go back into the pits ?

So take that up with Swindon speedway then because the pit gate is not meant to be opened either, but the rule still applies if you leave the track at places like Wolverhampton.

No Morris used his own spare bike but as that was playing up on the way to tapes then Aaron brought his out but it wasn't used.

So take that up with Swindon speedway then because the pit gate is not meant to be opened either, but the rule still applies if you leave the track at places like Wolverhampton.

Places like Wolverhampton ? so it's ok to do it at other tracks ? . fair enough it maybe the rules but it's a stupid one.. as I said if your on 2 mins who cares where you go .

• Like 1

I do not agree with it but the pit gate can be opened which allows mechanics to come out to make a minor adjustment to the bike, I would rather they went straight back to the start and got on with the race.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Places like Wolverhampton ? so it's ok to do it at other tracks ? . fair enough it maybe the rules but it's a stupid one.. as I said if your on 2 mins who cares where you go .

He just meant that Wolves don't have a pit gate to be kept closed.

Whatever you think of the rule, its there and says if you go back to the pits you're excluded.

Shame Hans fell when in a 5-1 in the last lap as would have only been a 4 point loss with a patched up team.

I believe Howarth would have easily scored than 3 points from 5 rides. Only 4 from Fricke rides as well.

Brilliant double figures for our own 2 riders of our top 5. Sounds like Hans had a great night.

Lots of positives to take from tonight. Just need to bring in a good replacement for Joonas now.

The team spirit and believe looks better again.

Good to see the teams coming together in the photo for Darcy Ward.

Edited by mdmc82

Says on updates that Wright went into the pits suffering bike problems so was then excluded for failing 2 mins?

It also says Morris looked to have touched the tapes in heat 3 but didn't get excluded.

It says it on updates - Well it must be true then :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0

It says it on updates - Well it must be true then :rolleyes:

I didn't see the tape touching on updates. I saw it from people who were there on Twitter