British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Ipswich V Edinburgh Lcsf 3-9-15 @ 7-30pm

Ok that's it fat lady is starting to sing

If it hadn't been for Craig Cook`s illness we would've had two seven man teams with no guests at Ipswich this evening, something that shouldve been celebrated.

It's not tonight that has cost us the tie. It was agreeing to go to Edinburgh with half a team for the first leg.

• Like 1

I would agree with that.

I thought it was a pretty decent performance tonight, accepting of course that it would probably have been closer with Cook riding.

If Gino's engine had not blown and Cameron not fallen whilst in second then the aggregate scores would have been level!

Some riders turned up tonight good effort from some but damage down in away leg.

Ipswich were poor tonight I thought, apart from Nico and Ashley. If Craig Cook was present I think we would have lost the meeting.

Did Gino only have one bike at the meeting tonight or did he have problems with two? Surely a professional speedway rider turns up to a meeting with two bikes?!

Danny King is an out and out number one, something we've missed for a few years. I just wish he would look for his team mates...he gates, goes and never looks back for his team mate. Maybe team riding is a thing of the past.

I thought both Heeps and Manzares were a bit unlucky tonight.

Heeps was looking quick and deserved a few more points. Manzares lost his only bike and it must be difficult riding a bike set up for someone else. Does he normally turn up to a meeting with just the one bike?

through to the final as expected. No one injured witch is good and better to have the mechanical problems tonight in a all ready over tie to get them sorted for tomorrow's first leg against the diamonds.

Luck Lucky Monarchs! We should of and would of been through if Gino's bike hadn't gone bang and he had to use Cam's spare machine that wasn't quick at all thus costing him not only the 3 points he was on but also later points. Cam sliding off when comfortable in 2nd as well was costly. But for those mishaps we would have benn level on aggregate and gone through. Before the Monarchs point to no Cook just remember we missed Danny, Nico and Stefan , and had an injured Gino, plus a guest who didn't make heat one, up at your place.

Put the 2 actual 7 men up against each other and it would have been mighty close over the 2 legs.

As I say Gino and Cam's mishaps tonight meant Edinburgh got away with it

Luck Lucky Monarchs! We should of and would of been through if Gino's bike hadn't gone bang and he had to use Cam's spare machine that wasn't quick at all thus costing him not only the 3 points he was on but also later points. Cam sliding off when comfortable in 2nd as well was costly. But for those mishaps we would have benn level on aggregate and gone through. Before the Monarchs point to no Cook just remember we missed Danny, Nico and Stefan , and had an injured Gino, plus a guest who didn't make heat one, up at your place.

Put the 2 actual 7 men up against each other and it would have been mighty close over the 2 legs.

As I say Gino and Cam's mishaps tonight meant Edinburgh got away with it

All ifs and buts

Doesn't really matter though as your out and we are through to the final again.

through to the final as expected. No one injured witch is good and better to have the mechanical problems tonight in a all ready over tie to get them sorted for tomorrow's first leg against the diamonds.

Mechanical problems???

Gino blew his best and only bike and Stefan had issues before the parade.

Or do you mean Sedgeman as he seemed the only Monarch who had a spluttering bike in one heat?

You got soundly beaten tonight nothing to do with your bad luck and it would have been by 22 if we hadn't suffered. Granted Cook would have got more than 6 plus 2 form Fisher but if you look at the first leg we were slightly more hindered by riders missing then you were.

2 full strength 1-7 in both meetings would have been a cracking and close contest

All ifs and buts

Doesn't really matter though as your out and we are through to the final again.

Ifs and buts?? No we definatly had riders missing at your place and bad luck tonight.

How about for once admit you got away with it slightly?

You are a better team than us I agree with that but you got lucky.

Try to take off those rose tinted specs you wear

Mechanical problems???

Gino blew his best and only bike and Stefan had issues before the parade.

Or do you mean Sedgeman as he seemed the only Monarch who had a spluttering bike in one heat?

You got soundly beaten tonight nothing to do with your bad luck and it would have been by 22 if we hadn't suffered. Granted Cook would have got more than 6 plus 2 form Fisher but if you look at the first leg we were slightly more hindered by riders missing then you were.

2 full strength 1-7 in both meetings would have been a cracking and close contest

Where have I said we were unlucky??

Quit with all the excuses your out end of discussion. Wouldn't of mattered if you had a full team or not the outcome still would of been the same.

• Like 1

To be honest Gavan I don't think we would have won. The Edinburgh riders clearly backed off once they had won. I also don't like it when people say if. It happened so if means nothing. The only thing that should be asked is why did we agree to the away meeting when key riders were missing.

Well done Edinburgh. The best team won over the 2 legs

• Like 2