British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Stockholm Gp September 26

I didn't think it was a great meeting but at the Press Conference all of the top three praised the track as one of the best they have ridden. Also, I don't think you appreciate how much the riders actually like appearing in stadiums like this, Cardiff and coming up Melbourne. It is a big stage for them and I doubt whether you will find any of them arguing against going to Warsaw, Cardiff, Stockholm and Melbourne, great arenas that are usually the province of sports like soccer.

Really? I don't doubt you but I question them. Riders were flying around more on this track than Warsaw! What speedway riders want confuses me!!

Well done tai picked it up after a bad 1st ride had my money on Hancock but was glad that tai won

Just wondering what a one of world final would be like with this line up semi s no final just a straight 20 heats like the old days

Is there a requirement for people to sing the National Anthem?. I always thought it was respectful just to stand.

Respect of the country your representing and looking professional.

It might be because he only knows the Australian national anthem and not the British anthem, however he should learn it.

Why does singing the words make one more respectful than standing. I never sing the words...God save the Queen (save her from what?). Send her victorious (send her where?)

It must be one of the worst anthems in the world. If I was Russian, American, German or Italian I would happily sing along to my National Anthem, but standing to ours is respectful enough thank you very much.

• Like 3

Really? I don't doubt you but I question them. Riders were flying around more on this track than Warsaw! What speedway riders want confuses me!!

I do. Why would a rider trust Philip Rising when he runs here at the earliest opportunity to tell us what they've said...#nointegrity

I do. Why would a rider trust Philip Rising when he runs here at the earliest opportunity to tell us what they've said...#nointegrity

I think your find they do trust him.

Well done Tai..Nice to see Bomber having a good one :t:

But according to Blazeaway he's a to**er?

But according to Blazeaway he's a to**er?

I wish i could ride a speedway bike like Bomber.As i'm sure many on here do too.

Not getting drawn into Blazeaway's comments.

I'm new and need to be good :t:

I didn't think it was a great meeting but at the Press Conference all of the top three praised the track as one of the best they have ridden. Also, I don't think you appreciate how much the riders actually like appearing in stadiums like this, Cardiff and coming up Melbourne. It is a big stage for them and I doubt whether you will find any of them arguing against going to Warsaw, Cardiff, Stockholm and Melbourne, great arenas that are usually the province of sports like soccer.

I could not care less if the riders like a nice posh stadium. If the racing is not there then fans will eventually stop going and stop watching. Big stage will soon become a small stage if the quality of the racing is not there. Long Eaton was an awful stadium, but we had a great shape of a race track that produced great racing, which is where I became a fan of speedway RACING. The same with the likes of Peterborough, not a brilliant stadium but always great racing.

If the GP is designed to give the riders a big pay day fine, the speedway press should tell us. But if the speedway press truly represent the fans then they should report what the fans want which is great speedway RACING as opposed to speedway riding in a nice stadium.

As for the top 3, well team Monster have shown all season that the likes of HanCOCK and Woffinden are like one voice, neither will rock the boat with each other, they all stick together like glue, their words against Niki another example of that.

• Like 2

Enjoyed the GP, not the best but a decent night as most have said. Fair play to Tai, great to see him get a win again.

• Like 3

As for the top 3, well team Monster have shown all season that the likes of HanCOCK and Woffinden are like one voice, neither will rock the boat with each other, they all stick together like glue, their words against Niki another example of that.

I see what you've done there, you've put the last four letters of Gregs surname into capitals so as to call him a cock.

How terribly clever of you. :rolleyes:

By the way, it's Nicki.

• Like 2

I would think Pedersen was spitting fire after tonight, I would not have liked to have been a member of his pits team

Is there a requirement for people to sing the National Anthem?. I always thought it was respectful just to stand.

Unless you are a religious monarchist that makes perfect sense.

It does annoy the heck out of me when sportsmen representing any nation do not show their nations anthem respect by standing in silence whilst it's played.

Bomber is doing well tonight and let's be fair that is a tad unusual. His domestic season of racing has just finished ---- surely it's no coincidence that he's doing well in the GP --- he's rested and full of concentration.?

Feel I should stick up for the lad here. Not only is he one of the most utilised riders for the guest facility, but he's also one of only a handful who rides in 3 leagues, for his team in the SWC, and also in the SGP. I think you'd be hard pushed to find a busier rider, AND he still managed to qualify for the GPs next year, but even that hasn't stopped him giving his all in the series, despite not needing the points. That's pretty impressive in my book. :)

• Like 2

Tonight showed how stupid the rules are.

In the semi Bomber held his line, got a nudge and fell off. Kildermand out. If Bomber had moved wider and let Kildemand to go past him then nothing would have happened.

Refs need to be wiser. Exclude the rider who is slower and playing the system..

• Like 1