Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Stockholm Gp September 26

But he chose to represent GB. For all those saying a national anthem doesn't matter it does to the Aussies - crump, Adams, Mark webber all sing their anthem. So do the Danes/Swedes/Gemans/Yanks et al it's a matter of pride in your country as anyone who has witnessed Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau sung at the MS or Flower of Scotland at Murrayfield can tell.

I admit the dirge we Brits have to endure is torturous but it's all we have at present.

The difference is that the Welsh anthem is about how great Wales is, the things we're good at and known for. The Aussie one is the same. The Danish one the same (thought it doesn't mention bacon!) but does have one line about the king but the very next line sings praise to the citizens of Denmark. The Swedish anthem reads a bit "bleugh" tbf. Germanys sings about how great German is and that it's better than the rest of the World, they mention wine and beer for bonus points! It actually translates into a pretty good anthem IMO. The American anthem kind of fits into the same box as the Swedish anthem, its a little less generic though.

Our just bangs on about how great the Queen is, asks God to look after her. Very little mention of any of the good in the country, very little about any of the stuff we're great at. Why should we be proud of the Queen? What has she ever achieved?

I love the Welsh National anthem. It's a great song with some great lyrics but I don't respect the current British anthem as I have 0 respect for this God we're expected to sing to (he has none for me, and very little for most others, he's a judgemental moron!) and I'm pretty neutral about the Queen.

As for Bomber. He played for it. But it was Kildemand and he's the worst int he World for it, so meh. He's an odd one Bomber, some times goes down far to easily, other times makes it far to easy for riders to get by him because he's not forceful enough!

Edited by SCB

As for Bomber. He played for it. But it was Kildemand and he's the worst int he World for it, so meh. He's an odd one Bomber, some times goes down far to easily, other times makes it far to easy for riders to get by him because he's not forceful enough!

Dive Bomber, as some Wolves fans called him (amongst many other things) on one such occasion.

• Like 2

Who is this God who is saving our queen anyways, this anthem must have been written by an old monarch in the times when they were running the country and everyone HAD to believe in God, oh dear! Haven't googled it, just my thoughts lol

Have now googled it and .......http://www.know-britain.com/songs/national_anthem.html

Edited by Trees

The difference is that the Welsh anthem is about how great Wales is, the things we're good at and known for. The Aussie one is the same. The Danish one the same (thought it doesn't mention bacon!) but does have one line about the king but the very next line sings praise to the citizens of Denmark. The Swedish anthem reads a bit "bleugh" tbf. Germanys sings about how great German is and that it's better than the rest of the World, they mention wine and beer for bonus points! It actually translates into a pretty good anthem IMO. The American anthem kind of fits into the same box as the Swedish anthem, its a little less generic though.

Our just bangs on about how great the Queen is, asks God to look after her. Very little mention of any of the good in the country, very little about any of the stuff we're great at. Why should we be proud of the Queen? What has she ever achieved?

I love the Welsh National anthem. It's a great song with some great lyrics but I don't respect the current British anthem as I have 0 respect for this God we're expected to sing to (he has none for me, and very little for most others, he's a judgemental moron!) and I'm pretty neutral about the Queen.

!

Totally agree with all you say which is why I do not sing. I do stand tho, in respect of my nation and my fellow citizens and I expect people who represent the nation, with any benefits that may and often do come with that to do the same.

As Trees said earlier the sooner we gat a new anthem ,preferably a patriotic one and to hell with political correctness the better.

The Welsh singing their anthem especially in the MS never fail to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

• Like 1

Awful song but using the last verse would be an improvement.

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
And like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the Queen!

Totally agree with all you say which is why I do not sing. I do stand tho, in respect of my nation and my fellow citizens and I expect people who represent the nation, with any benefits that may and often do come with that to do the same.

As Trees said earlier the sooner we gat a new anthem ,preferably a patriotic one and to hell with political correctness the better.

The Welsh singing their anthem especially in the MS never fail to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

Watching the Brazilians sing there anthem in the World Cup was amazing. The yanks sing it before sporting events,before daily opening of theme parks and at every chance they get, yes I agree ours is abit out dated but it's here till the queen ends her days.

A speedway forum and we are talking National Anthems..must be the end of the season and we fans now in waiting for the mighty BSPA to meet at their AGM and come up with some ideas for us long suffering fans to debate - well lets say argue about.

But please, in the meantime God save us from more discussion on national anthems!

• Like 1

It has been debated quite a bit in Germany that a lot of the players don't sing the anthem.Özil is one often mentioned

It was discussed about the English men's football team too and hodgson said if you don't sing you won't play for England.

When tai wins the world title let's hope he sings it as it could comeback and bite him.

It was discussed about the English men's football team too and hodgson said if you don't sing you won't play for England.

When tai wins the world title let's hope he sings it as it could comeback and bite him.

Are you Rob Painter?

Cobblers.

Hodgson announced before the last World Cup that the team had agreed to sing the anthem and it was widely reported

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2645597/England-players-told-passion-belting-national-anthem-matches.html

Definitely nothing there about people not getting picked if they don't sing.

Only person who seems bothered about Tai not singing the thing is you. How exactly is it going to come back and bite him?

I can't believe that with tai on the verge of wining a second world championship representing Great Britain people are worrying about him singing God save the queen

dont think"people" are,just one idiot

Cobblers.

Hodgson announced before the last World Cup that the team had agreed to sing the anthem and it was widely reported

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2645597/England-players-told-passion-belting-national-anthem-matches.html

Definitely nothing there about people not getting picked if they don't sing.

Only person who seems bothered about Tai not singing the thing is you. How exactly is it going to come back and bite him?

What Just like I was the only one thinking it's becoming overkill with everything Darcy when in fact there was a lot of others thinking the same thing. Edited by robert72

I never even stand or anything when it's played, it means nothing to me,

Same here, I don't stand for it or sing it .

But tai didn't respect the anthem yesterday.

Roy hodgson made it clear to any player picked to play for England that they must be seen singing the whole national anthem.

Be good if Phil rising asked him the question to why he doesn't sing the anthem.

It comes with representing your country

I like land of hope and glory but that's not the national anthem

I think I speak for the majority on here when I tell you just to shut up.

all you do is come on here and find any reason to bash Tai. you are quite pathetic.

any chance you want Harris or Magics bikes tested like you did Tai's?

cretin

• Like 1