British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Stockholm Gp September 26

What Just like I was the only one thinking it's becoming overkill with everything Darcy when in fact there was a lot of others thinking the same thing.

Utterly unrelated.

Nobody on the BSF has agreed with your view regarding Darcy. The only support for that view is second hand regarding social media. As I said on the Darcy thread whilst I respect peoples right to have an opinion, that is sorely tested when their opinion is so flawed.

Nobody on the BSF has agreed with you regarding the national anthem. Utterly pointless to play the thing in an individual competition.

Edited by salty

Just to jump in and defend robert72, I agree with him on the Darcy overkill. Every Sky meeting, GP, Swedish league meeting and SEC round since it has been mentioned.

Just to jump in and defend robert72, I agree with him on the Darcy overkill. Every Sky meeting, GP, Swedish league meeting and SEC round since it has been mentioned.

And why is that so bad?.

I got the Darcy overkill when Sky went overboard about his return from his ban, but how can anyone begrudge his current plight being highlighted?

• Like 3

To many riders nowadays play the "jump off" game nowadays.Including the "1st bend bunching"if they don't make a good start.Harris's right leg was up in the air as soon as Kildemand touched him.

• Like 3

And why is that so bad?.

I got the Darcy overkill when Sky went overboard about his return from his ban, but how can anyone begrudge his current plight being highlighted?

Because if it was any other rider Sky wouldn't care for one. When Lawrence Hare and Garry Stead had their injuries did they get a mention? What about the Slovenia GP where the planned reserve Maks Gregoric was in a coma, was that even mentioned?

Because if it was any other rider Sky wouldn't care for one. When Lawrence Hare and Garry Stead had their injuries did they get a mention? What about the Slovenia GP where the planned reserve Maks Gregoric was in a coma, was that even mentioned?

So you think if we don't mention and consider every rider in the world with serious injuries, limitations, etc, it is not right to mention the most famous one that everyone knows. That's what FAME is all about. Do you think the black footballer who died and was revived on the pitch at Spurs, should not receive publicity unless the Worlds News has been scoured so that all other related incidents need to also be mentioned. Crazy notion.

Edited by Tsunami

The SEC, GP and Polish league that you mentioned in your original post have nothing to do with Sky. I can't remember the coverage that Lol and Steady got, but the loss of Lee Richardson was given appropriately loads of airtime and mentions and more recently so was the Lewis Kerr injury.

So what if the Ward coverage is "overkill" - can't believe anyone can begrudge him anything to help.

• Like 4

The difference is that the Welsh anthem is about how great Wales is, the things we're good at and known for. The Aussie one is the same. The Danish one the same (thought it doesn't mention bacon!) but does have one line about the king but the very next line sings praise to the citizens of Denmark. The Swedish anthem reads a bit "bleugh" tbf. Germanys sings about how great German is and that it's better than the rest of the World, they mention wine and beer for bonus points! It actually translates into a pretty good anthem IMO. The American anthem kind of fits into the same box as the Swedish anthem, its a little less generic though.

Our just bangs on about how great the Queen is, asks God to look after her. Very little mention of any of the good in the country, very little about any of the stuff we're great at. Why should we be proud of the Queen? What has she ever achieved?

The Welsh 'national anthem' is the best of the home countries, although I think Jerusalem would surpass it if it were actually the official English anthem. However, it has to be remembered that the British National Anthem is the oldest in the world (although the Dutch anthem is older, it was not officially adopted until early in the 20th century) having been written in the early 18th century, and as such inspired the writing of ever other national anthem in the world, as well as being adopted in its own right by other countries (e.g. Liechtenstein).

As with all national anthems, I think you need to take a circumspect view of the words and not take things too literally. The German national anthem includes some pretty irredentionist and sexist words, the Italian anthem is somewhat anti-Austrian, but it doesn't change the fact they can be quite stirring.

Yes & i will jump in, YOU have ALWAYS been anti Ward, end of!!

Straw man arguments. You all called robert72 a liar. I have agreed with his point. Yet rather than having the balls to apologise you just attack the next person.

Yes, I have for a long time been anti-Ward. The reason well documented and don't need dragging up now. I'd happily move on.

What is so wrong about keeping Darcy in the thoughts of the public which in turn helps funds to keep rolling in for his treatment?

The publicity for Darcy and in turn speedway is nothing but good.

Retweet and share away people

A speedway forum and we are talking National Anthems..must be the end of the season and we fans now in waiting for the mighty BSPA to meet at their AGM and come up with some ideas for us long suffering fans to debate - well lets say argue about.

But please, in the meantime God save us from more discussion on national anthems!

Most speedway fans here can't come up with sensible comment about speedway so there's little hope of getting sense on more complex subjects such as national anthems and systems of government.You just get ignorant prejudice and bull.

Anyway on a lighter note I went to all 3 Friends Arena Gps

2013 was very good

Last year was a bit bland

This year was pretty good, got better better after about heat 10

Any news on if there Will be another GP there?

Edited by PNYC

Why would Woffinden sing England's national anthem? After all he has a huge Australian tattoo on him.....seems pointless being two faced to him i suggest

• Like 1