British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Stockholm Gp September 26

Decent meeting, no more than that. I'm sure next week will be a lot better on a proper racetrack.

• Like 2

Well done Tai!!!!

(again)....

A truly World Class British Sportsman.....

:t:

Tai let himself down at the end by not singing the British anthem, instead he chatted to Greg, totally disrespectful. Someone needs to have a word with him.

Some good racing and well deserved win by tai.

Tai let himself down at the end by not singing the British anthem, instead he chatted to Greg, totally disrespectful. Someone needs to have a word with him.

Its a rubbish anthem tbf.

Not a bad GP. Not a classic either but certainly held interest enough. Although the top 2 in he end were the top 2 in the Chanpionship it wasn't alwasys obvious they would be - or that they'd even make the final.

Personally I thiugh Woffy looked pretty ordinary 90% of the night but once again comfortably in the semis and unbeaten from there. There's been a few GPs this year he's managed to grind a result out of seemingly nowhere.

Yet another GP where Doyle will be wondering just when he's going to get a break. Almost all season he's been agonisingly close to GP finals. I think when it clicks for him (and it will) we could see him step up yet another level and become a real contender in years to come.

Edited by SCB

I've heard that the Queen threw the remote at the telly and shrilled 'I've had it with speedway'.

Seriously though, why are you fiddling about here - haven't you got some trolling to do on the Darcy Ward thread?

• Like 5

Maybe tai isn't a royalist or religious, so why should he sing the national anthem. Some couldn't give a monkeys if God saves the queen

To be fair I dont see many (any?) riders singing their National Anthem....

And personally I couldnt give a flying kcuf!!!! :D

The kid is a phenomenal speedway rider...

I'll judge him against that.... ;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

Yawn. Robert, give him the credit he deserves, for goodness sake.

Whereas you are a shining beacon of reason & intelligence.

At last someone recognises how awesome I am.

Is there a requirement for people to sing the National Anthem?. I always thought it was respectful just to stand.

Its a rubbish anthem tbf.

Not a bad GP. Not a classic either but certainly held interest enough. Although the top 2 in he end were the top 2 in the Chanpionship it wasn't alwasys obvious they would be - or that they'd even make the final.

Personally I thiugh Woffy looked pretty ordinary 90% of the night but once again comfortably in the semis and unbeaten from there. There's been a few GPs this year he's managed to grind a result out of seemingly nowhere.

Yet another GP where Doyle will be wondering just when he's going to get a break. Almost all season he's been agonisingly close to GP finals. I think when it clicks for him (and it will) we could see him step up yet another level and become a real contender in years to come.

Think you're spot on about Doyle. Seen him live a couple of times this year & he's been real quick, looked class. If it clicks for him he's definitely top 6 GP material in my opinion.

What a crap night of racing... again on a temp track. Oh well, Mr Rising will tell us it's ok because the nice stadium is all that matters.

Crap racing ? NO way was it that bad!

What a crap night of racing... again on a temp track. Oh well, Mr Rising will tell us it's ok because the nice stadium is all that matters.

I didn't think it was a great meeting but at the Press Conference all of the top three praised the track as one of the best they have ridden. Also, I don't think you appreciate how much the riders actually like appearing in stadiums like this, Cardiff and coming up Melbourne. It is a big stage for them and I doubt whether you will find any of them arguing against going to Warsaw, Cardiff, Stockholm and Melbourne, great arenas that are usually the province of sports like soccer.