Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Stockholm Gp September 26

Absolute load of rubbish.

Here is a perfect example of Harris turning left.
Compare the two heats below from the Latvian GP:
What is the difference between Doyle in Heat 13 and MJJ in Heat 16 (battling for second with Batchelor)? Nothing, they make an almost identical pass of the rider in front.
What is the difference between Harris and Batchelor? Batchelor gives his rider room, whereas Harris turns left on Doyle.
Heat 13 (lap 4):
Heat 16 (lap 2):

And? One, Doyle was excluded, I wonder why that would be? Two, Harris was already turning in, Doyle was committed & carried on. Three, is Harris supposed to just move over? Four, Doyle has a huge repertoire of these moves. Assume you have conveniently forgotten the hatchet job he carried out on Pedersen & Zagar? Some of his corner entries are ill judged at best, downright reckless at worst.

Harris does nothing wrong here except turn it & gets his leg taken away by a poorly judged entry from Doyle & the same happened last night from Kildemand. Both were rightly excluded.

• Like 1

I could not care less if the riders like a nice posh stadium. If the racing is not there then fans will eventually stop going and stop watching. Big stage will soon become a small stage if the quality of the racing is not there. Long Eaton was an awful stadium, but we had a great shape of a race track that produced great racing, which is where I became a fan of speedway RACING. The same with the likes of Peterborough, not a brilliant stadium but always great racing.

If the GP is designed to give the riders a big pay day fine, the speedway press should tell us. But if the speedway press truly represent the fans then they should report what the fans want which is great speedway RACING as opposed to speedway riding in a nice stadium.

As for the top 3, well team Monster have shown all season that the likes of HanCOCK and Woffinden are like one voice, neither will rock the boat with each other, they all stick together like glue, their words against Niki another example of that.

Cancel Cardiff - let's have the GP at Long Eaton.

• Like 1

Did you sing the anthem when you were on the rostrum Rob ?

Yes why have you ?

Its a valid question to why does tai refuse to sing the national anthem ? In most sports those representing England are made to sing the national anthem and rightly so.

Yes why have you ?

Its a valid question to why does tai refuse to sing the national anthem ? In most sports those representing England are made to sing the national anthem and rightly so.

I don't believe Lewis Hamilton sings the anthem. he does however stand respectfully whilst it's played.

I'm against forcing anyone to sing those (or any other) words if they don't believe in them but if you represent a country you should respect the music of it's anthem.

Yes why have you ?

So your suggesting that Woffinden should sing Land of Hope and Glory or Jerusalem rather than God Save the Queen then.

• Like 1

Yes why have you ?

You seriously think people should be "made to sing the national anthem"?

I don't believe Lewis Hamilton sings the anthem. he does however stand respectfully whilst it's played.

I'm against forcing anyone to sing those (or any other) words if they don't believe in them but if you represent a country you should respect the music of it's anthem.

But tai didn't respect the anthem yesterday.

Roy hodgson made it clear to any player picked to play for England that they must be seen singing the whole national anthem.

Be good if Phil rising asked him the question to why he doesn't sing the anthem.

You seriously think people should be "made to sing the national anthem"?

It comes with representing your country

So your suggesting that Woffinden should sing Land of Hope and Glory or Jerusalem rather than God Save the Queen then.

I like land of hope and glory but that's not the national anthem

I like land of hope and glory but that's not the national anthem

So what is England`s national anthem.

I do. Why would a rider trust Philip Rising when he runs here at the earliest opportunity to tell us what they've said...#nointegrity

Reporting on what riders said at a Press Conference?

You really need to get a grip of your vendettas and read things before you post.

I could not care less if the riders like a nice posh stadium. If the racing is not there then fans will eventually stop going and stop watching. Big stage will soon become a small stage if the quality of the racing is not there. Long Eaton was an awful stadium, but we had a great shape of a race track that produced great racing, which is where I became a fan of speedway RACING. The same with the likes of Peterborough, not a brilliant stadium but always great racing.

If the GP is designed to give the riders a big pay day fine, the speedway press should tell us. But if the speedway press truly represent the fans then they should report what the fans want which is great speedway RACING as opposed to speedway riding in a nice stadium.

As for the top 3, well team Monster have shown all season that the likes of HanCOCK and Woffinden are like one voice, neither will rock the boat with each other, they all stick together like glue, their words against Niki another example of that.

:rofl:

It's incredible folk still peddle this nonsense!

I went to Long Eaton many times, I don't remember massive crowds.. nor do I see Peterboro pulling in the punters, indeed they're battling for survival most years..

Seems your 'theory' needs a bit of work.

• Like 2

Seems your 'theory' needs a bit of work.

Sort of missing the point, but then again you usually do.

Cancel Cardiff - let's have the GP at Long Eaton.

You are being sarcastic, but it might be better racing than we usually get at Cardiff, shame there is no track at Long Eaton any more.

Edited by TheReturn

You are quite right of course, respectful silence is the least expected.

Sort of missing the point, but then again you usually do.

No it isn't missing the point at all.

You claim that 'great racing' is what brings in the fans and use Long Eaton and Peterboro as examples to try and 'prove' that.. the reality being quite the opposite as neither track has a great record of 'bringing in the fans' despite excellent racing.

As I said, back to the drawing board for you.

Why the fuss about Tai not singing the anthem. That is ridiculous. Who cares. Its what he does on the bike that matters.

Why the fuss about Tai not singing the anthem. That is ridiculous. Who cares. Its what he does on the bike that matters.

It's only Robert72!

You have to understand, tough night for him last night.

He hates Tai.