British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vince

Final Round British Dirt Track Championship 13/9/15

The final round of the Dirt track/ short track Championship takes place at Rye House on 13th September.

Most of the Championships are still up for grabs with the gap between the top two in the Pro Class being a single point.

Young Oliver Brindley currently leads Aidan Collins by a single point and with the British Champion also getting an automatic entry and their flights paid for the Super Prestigio event in Las Vegas you can be sure there will be no quarter asked or given. Also in the mix will be the Neave twins who aren't in the running to win the Championship after missing rounds to compete in Road Racing but will be out to prove that they are as fast as anybody. Current third place rider and star of the 'how low can you go' video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ryMrVl0gg many will have seen on Facebook or youtube Alan Birtwhistle will also be looking to end the season with a victory. The Pro class is getting more competitive every year and the racing is generally fierce with twelve riders on the track at a time.

Other classes include Vintage, Thunderbike, mini bike, Restricted (intermediate) and Rookies.

Rye House suits the bikes so the racing is good and spectating is free. I will post a schedule as soon as I know it.

Edited by Vince

Racing is to be split into two meetings. All the Youth classes, Minibikes and Rookies will race in the morning with practice starting at 10.30 and racing following straight on.

Pro, Restricted, Thunderbike and Vintage classes will practice at 1.30 and start racing immediately practice is finished.

What else can you do for free on a Sunday afternoon that would be so much fun!!

I'm No 95 and if you're not too embarrassed after seeing me ride then come and say Hi.