British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

With 3 Poles in the team, possibly riding 14 home matches on a Saturday & Poland Sunday, don't think any other teams riders would have the nerve to complain about riding only 2 Saturday's with Poland the next day

Unfortunately there are going to be clashes with World Under-21 & FIM Europe events though

Therefused- I think the main reason why Stead has not been signed is fixture clashes I think I counted about 7 or 8 meetings that he would miss it would be the same with Lasse Bjerre not that he would be the answer.

Seb Ullamek is the not the rider he was but nobody else was prepared to come to Leicester and still a problem filling that last place

No need to apologise , nobody reads you posts anyway

If you got all the way down to the apology, you must have read the post ;)

Mate take no notice of others say, good post, and all the best for the season. But as i said concerning other Leicester fans, use it or lose it. Lets hope the track changes save for this diabolical weather make a difference.

Don't worry, I don't take much notice! Yeah, fingers crossed the track changes make a difference in the quality of the racing. Fingers crossed the final signing is someone that'll at least do a job... Keep hearing Andre Compton mentioned. Wouldn't be overly enthusing!

Compton might fit in to Phil The Ace's grandad team!

Presuming Kenneth Bjerre is the final member of our septet.. Im going to play devils advocate and suggest it wouldnt be the worst team in the league.

In Ulamek, Walasek, Wozniak and Bjerre we'd have 4 heat leaders capable of beating most, if they ride to their true potential/ find some much needed form (Kenneth!). Wozniak especially will come on leaps and bounds, improved with each meeting last year and having 2 experienced poles to guide him wont be a bad thing.

Nikolai Klindt has proven before hes a useful second string in this league. If he continues with the 8+ home average he had in 2014 at Leicester itd be a real string in our bow, and whilst I dont expect anything near that, it shows the potential he still has to score points.

Some of our riders are being branded 'gating tarts' (When we've changed the track to try and prevent this!!!), but surely, that means they have a reputation of getting to the front and winning from there. Ive said it before, Ill say it again... Its a lot easier to win a race when youre already in front of everyone else!

And I believe, in Auty and Starke we have either the best, or second best, reserve pairing in the league. (with the possible exception of Poole).

If our top 5 can keep us in the meeting, these 2 can and will win meetings for us.

If this 7 stays fit and actually commit to racing for leicester speedway (Dont do their best Ljung, Bjarne, Mads or Michelsen impression) then they might (im definitely not saying they will), just might, at least compete in most meetings!

And yes, its probably a daftly optimistic view of the current situation, but if you cant grasp at the smallest slither of hope before the season starts, you sure as hell cant if things dont start positively!

I for one will be down at Leicester (or wherever the Lions are racing) as often as possible, provide transport and my other commitments dont get in the way too much... Hoping theres still a chance for a race night change, speedway always clashes with my cricket.

Speedway season starts next month, Cant wait to get sprayed by shale and smell methanol again. Come on you lions!

(apologies for the length of the post!)

Are Poole's reserve pairing much better ?i think not Newman/Ellis are decent but none of them are 1/5 riders.Also that is with Kurtz i think won't move down ? i believe he will do well a learning curve season but he will do well in the top five. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Ulamek is a gater and should do ok on a none passing track---that aside he's a really nice guy and a good team man :D

It was a non passing track, i hope for the clubs sake the alterations change that. then, the club can move forward..

• Like 1

Presuming Kenneth Bjerre is the final member of our septet.. Im going to play devils advocate and suggest it wouldnt be the worst team in the league.

In Ulamek, Walasek, Wozniak and Bjerre we'd have 4 heat leaders capable of beating most, if they ride to their true potential/ find some much needed form (Kenneth!). Wozniak especially will come on leaps and bounds, improved with each meeting last year and having 2 experienced poles to guide him wont be a bad thing.

Nikolai Klindt has proven before hes a useful second string in this league. If he continues with the 8+ home average he had in 2014 at Leicester itd be a real string in our bow, and whilst I dont expect anything near that, it shows the potential he still has to score points.

Some of our riders are being branded 'gating tarts' (When we've changed the track to try and prevent this!!!), but surely, that means they have a reputation of getting to the front and winning from there. Ive said it before, Ill say it again... Its a lot easier to win a race when youre already in front of everyone else!

And I believe, in Auty and Starke we have either the best, or second best, reserve pairing in the league. (with the possible exception of Poole).

If our top 5 can keep us in the meeting, these 2 can and will win meetings for us.

If this 7 stays fit and actually commit to racing for leicester speedway (Dont do their best Ljung, Bjarne, Mads or Michelsen impression) then they might (im definitely not saying they will), just might, at least compete in most meetings!

And yes, its probably a daftly optimistic view of the current situation, but if you cant grasp at the smallest slither of hope before the season starts, you sure as hell cant if things dont start positively!

I for one will be down at Leicester (or wherever the Lions are racing) as often as possible, provide transport and my other commitments dont get in the way too much... Hoping theres still a chance for a race night change, speedway always clashes with my cricket.

Speedway season starts next month, Cant wait to get sprayed by shale and smell methanol again. Come on you lions!

(apologies for the length of the post!)

Nicely written post....

With regards to the track changes, I will say once again, the overhead drone images just do not show how much more track has been made available.. The large manhole covers that were once a safe haven for track staff to stand on were within the inner ring, now if you stand on one during the racing you're likely to get knocked over by the draft as they go by!!

The inside line now is at least a tractor width wider at the middle of turn 3 & 4, which will enable riders to turn much earlier and really dive under what would have been the safe line, or turn very late and then dive under exiting turn 4....

With regards to the team, still needing one more, Bjerre senior a possibility, he's had a couple or 3 poor seasons, he's had some nasty injuries as well, a change of track, and team mates, and an injury free season may be just what he needs!! Ok, no out and out star performer, but in this league, a solid 7 maybe a better bet than a team with a couple of super stars with no back-up...

Here's hoping for some drier weather so we can get the track changes finished....

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

No need to apologise , nobody reads you posts anyway

I do. :)

• Like 6

I do. :)

well you haven't read that many Gem because ,it is either a newbie with only 116 posts or Robert 72s new alter ego

I just don't understand why they signed Klindt with so may points available, i would rather have PK and that would still leave enough for Stead or Bjerre plenty of combinations to chose from for 2 riders if they

got shut of Klindt, and when has Klindt been any good anyway he can't even make a heat leader in the PL.

I just don't understand why they signed Klindt with so may points available, i would rather have PK and that would still leave enough for Stead or Bjerre plenty of combinations to chose from for 2 riders if they

got shut of Klindt, and when has Klindt been any good anyway he can't even make a heat leader in the PL.

I have been led to believe PK is asking silly money as well, why do you think nobody else has employed him yet this season coming...

I'm not sure I agree with all this guaranteed payments, speedway is and always should be points based earnings... It's got to take the edge off your performance, even just a little bit.. knowing you're gonna get a fat wad if you score 12 or 0!!!

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 2

well you haven't read that many Gem because ,it is either a newbie with only 116 posts or Robert 72s new alter ego

He's not been on here very long and probably hasn't got a very high post total yet because let's face it what is there to comment about on Leicester at the moment anyway. Definitely not Robert72 ~ there's only one of him thank goodness. :lol:

• Like 1