British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Indomitable? Is that a saying from the west side of the county ?

Isn't that 90% of the BSF? The other 10% make up Speedibee's posts

IT's very specific TMW . not only is it from the west side of the county , it's from the higher echelons of education :lol:

• Like 1

Wheres weatherwatcher gone. He complains that there are no comments from the Leicester management and when they do comment he disappears!!

So what are fans thoughts on the remaining rider for the lions ? Someone said they will sign Mr Blobby but i informed then they were wrong Chris Popple won't give his mic up , he loves the attention too much.

So what are fans thoughts on the remaining rider for the lions ? Someone said they will sign Mr Blobby but i informed then they were wrong Chris Popple won't give his mic up , he loves the attention too much.

The safe bet would probably be Kenneth Bjerre, I'd have thought

Wouldn't be the worst choice... He is a class rider, had a couple of lean years, coupled with some serious crashes and injuries. A new club with an injury free spell could be just what he needs..

I think it's the sorta rider worth taking a punt on. At the very least, he's shown a lot of commitment to british speedway and i'd love for us to have some consistency in a lions septet. Results seem to have improved when we've had the same 7 riders together relatively frequently. His performances have been disappointing of recent years, but a little more responsibility and a new environment might eventually help him find the form that made him a GP rider

Don't worry Fanmale I am still around and watching. Not made any coment as it didn't really fire up any cylinders when the anounced the rider. If the truth be told this is perhaps the worst EL line up of riders since I don't know when. But that said it just may produce some better racing all round with the teams being on a more even footing.

The only team that could be a problem is the Australin nation team that are going to get some practice in, to help them do better in the world cup. Funny how they suddenly showed a big interest in Doyle now he has started to do bigger and better things, just hope the rest of his team can back him up.

Now all we have to do is sit and wait for the last name to come out, for the Lions team place. How much would it take to get A. Laguta to do a season as heat leader. There are some decent riders out there, how many of them though want to come over here, to ride for the wages that they are actually work and really have to ride to get the points money, plus also on a Saturday night.

I love it being on a Saturday as I can bring the grandson with me and without him there to help me, then I can't get there either. I can drive but have quite a struggle with my wheelchair etc. With him going to school in the week it is far to late when we don't get back home till after 11.30pm and then get up the next morning.

If they do go next year for mid week for all the clubs, then I am afraid with the late starting time of meetimgs, the clubs will be losing out on quite a few younger generation, who they need to keep for thier future people to come through the gates, .

Wouldn't be the worst choice... He is a class rider, had a couple of lean years, coupled with some serious crashes and injuries. A new club with an injury free spell could be just what he needs..

Bjerre needs a change of scenery. So you could do worse.

How can the signing not fire you up ??

Ulamek was 5th in the Polish 1st Division Averages last year with a 9 point average ahead of the likes of Batchelor, Lindgren, Nicholls and many other UK name heat leaders so shows still very much a class act and has signed for Wroclaw in the Top Polish Divison this year so if his equipment is good he will be more then a match in EL.

Age is just a number

Don't worry Fanmale I am still around and watching. Not made any coment as it didn't really fire up any cylinders when the anounced the rider. If the truth be told this is perhaps the worst EL line up of riders since I don't know when. But that said it just may produce some better racing all round with the teams being on a more even footing.

The only team that could be a problem is the Australin nation team that are going to get some practice in, to help them do better in the world cup. Funny how they suddenly showed a big interest in Doyle now he has started to do bigger and better things, just hope the rest of his team can back him up.

Now all we have to do is sit and wait for the last name to come out, for the Lions team place. How much would it take to get A. Laguta to do a season as heat leader. There are some decent riders out there, how many of them though want to come over here, to ride for the wages that they are actually work and really have to ride to get the points money, plus also on a Saturday night.

I love it being on a Saturday as I can bring the grandson with me and without him there to help me, then I can't get there either. I can drive but have quite a struggle with my wheelchair etc. With him going to school in the week it is far to late when we don't get back home till after 11.30pm and then get up the next morning.

If they do go next year for mid week for all the clubs, then I am afraid with the late starting time of meetimgs, the clubs will be losing out on quite a few younger generation, who they need to keep for thier future people to come through the gates, .

• Like 5

I've always liked Seb Ulamek and I'd be happy to see him riding for Coventry. I reckon he's going to be a good signing for the Lions.

• Like 3

Ulamek was 5th in the Polish 1st Division Averages last year with a 9 point average ahead of the likes of Batchelor, Lindgren, Nicholls and many other UK name heat leaders so shows still very much a class act and has signed for Wroclaw in the Top Polish Divison this year so if his equipment is good he will be more then a match in EL.

Age is just a number

Are you taking the urine??

Age is just a number

The Lions are so fired up that they have not put his photo or details on their team page on the website!

Those other 3 three names do not even relate to the worlds top riders I am afraid, they are still good riders but well past thier sell by dates.

The class of riders in th EL have been getting worse and worse as the years go by. As being an Elite Leaguge, I am afraid if they put this to a world wide vote, I think we would be a laughing stock.Most of the teams are fielding nothing better than you see at most PL clubs with some old stagers thrown in for good measure. Yes there are a few top riders in there but most of them gave up when the British promoters stood by thier guns and said a big NO to giving in the the stupid money they where asking to come and ride for here. Don't blame them at all, if they had carried on I dread to think how many clubs would still be left.

But this year must be the worst ever for the team that have been chosen, quite sad really when you look by to the class of rider that used to be over here and not that long ago either.

It is only now that they have sat back and realised, that the damage to our young British riders have been badly fotton these past 20 years or so. lets hope that with the ones coming through now, that they will soon have a few who will be able to make up a British team that we can be proud of.

Just hope that whoever the last rider is to be named is one that will be good enough to take on the No1 place.

As for Wozinak I think he will only get better and better this year, I really like him and hope he does well again this year.

Those other 3 three names do not even relate to the worlds top riders I am afraid, they are still good riders but well past thier sell by dates.

The class of riders in th EL have been getting worse and worse as the years go by. As being an Elite Leaguge, I am afraid if they put this to a world wide vote, I think we would be a laughing stock.Most of the teams are fielding nothing better than you see at most PL clubs with some old stagers thrown in for good measure. Yes there are a few top riders in there but most of them gave up when the British promoters stood by thier guns and said a big NO to giving in the the stupid money they where asking to come and ride for here. Don't blame them at all, if they had carried on I dread to think how many clubs would still be left.

But this year must be the worst ever for the team that have been chosen, quite sad really when you look by to the class of rider that used to be over here and not that long ago either.

It is only now that they have sat back and realised, that the damage to our young British riders have been badly fotton these past 20 years or so. lets hope that with the ones coming through now, that they will soon have a few who will be able to make up a British team that we can be proud of.

Just hope that whoever the last rider is to be named is one that will be good enough to take on the No1 place.

As for Wozinak I think he will only get better and better this year, I really like him and hope he does well again this year.

Wozniak i like a lot he will improve i am sure i hope so anyway.

I like the older riders. Not so primadonnaesk . Walasek and Ulameck are top class riders to be fair they have ridden in their National teams and GP's. My comment to LionKing was regarding something different altogether .

Should have made that clearer on the post.

It will be fun !!!

Edited by TMW