British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Track work has stopped till I can get 3/4 day window with out rain. I can then remove the mud and put in shale roll it to death squeezing out the water.

Start drying out the rest.

Glyn

Weather has been pretty decent for the time of the year recently. Have you been able to do anything?

I'd take Zengota over Bjerre without doubt. Bjerre may be more of a 'name' rider, but Zengota will give his all and is a very good rider.

He was rider of the year at Swindon last year, and I think he was also rider of the year when he was at Coventry.

Unless Leicester can get themselves a proper, all out number one rider then he would be a decent signing.

The 2 meetings that he guested for the Lions at home was a treat to watch. He rode his heart out. He is one of those tiders you would want in your side. He dosn't give up at go to the back of the field like er see some riders do, if he is at the back then you know he will still give it is all. Really like the Guy and don't think he would be a bad rider to sign up. That is if he wants to ride a Saturday, which seems to have put paid to getting quite a few riders to come here.

• Like 1

Where is the link that Peter has said that?

I've read only that he doesn't want to start 2016 in the UK.

Obviously if I have missed that statement then I stand corrected.

He hasn't said it publicly in connection with 2016 but he is hardly going to say " I am not coming because they won't pay what I

asked for " is he ? No rider says such things, publicly, nor does any promoter say " He was asking too much for his points return "

But let's tie a couple of loose ends together. Flag rag says he wanted £4K for a guest appearance. That's a lot of money. There are a lot of good riders guest for much less. One of his mechanics said on Facebook that he left Lakeside "by mutual agreement " because they wanted him to take a pay cut when his scores were falling at a rate of knots and he wasn't justifying his wage. I had heard before all that happened that he was on a big upfront wage. I can't tell you where it came from except that it was from the pits, not from a bloke in the pub .

Not that I am criticising the guy because, as I said before at his stage of a brilliant career I wouldn't expect him to be riding fit pin money, but equally promoters have to try to work to a budget.

I have more information which I am not going to put on here but you'll have to either accept what I and flag rag say or not accept it.

• Like 2

Weather has been pretty decent for the time of the year recently. Have you been able to do anything?

I'm up there tomorrow, fetching a load of pipe, and then on with installing the new drains on 3 & 4 with Steve C...

The forecast for today, Sat and Sun has changed this week more times than I'd like to count..!! Decent for tomorrow, not so brilliant Sunday, but could get away with mostly a dryish day!

He hasn't said it publicly in connection with 2016 but he is hardly going to say " I am not coming because they won't pay what I

asked for " is he ? No rider says such things, publicly, nor does any promoter say " He was asking too much for his points return "

But let's tie a couple of loose ends together. Flag rag says he wanted £4K for a guest appearance. That's a lot of money. There are a lot of good riders guest for much less. One of his mechanics said on Facebook that he left Lakeside "by mutual agreement " because they wanted him to take a pay cut when his scores were falling at a rate of knots and he wasn't justifying his wage. I had heard before all that happened that he was on a big upfront wage. I can't tell you where it came from except that it was from the pits, not from a bloke in the pub .

Not that I am criticising the guy because, as I said before at his stage of a brilliant career I wouldn't expect him to be riding fit pin money, but equally promoters have to try to work to a budget.

I have more information which I am not going to put on here but you'll have to either accept what I and flag rag say or not accept it.

I'm absolutely certain that there will be a money element to any of the riders for signing contracts so in that instance I'm sure PK is no different.

Of course some people on here are 'in the know' and likewise having been told information in the past I too haven't posted such details either so maybe there is more in it than meets the eye.

Again reading between the lines CVS spoke about PK 'not being keen' on a full season may have as much to do with cutting down his schedule as much as it is being offered the right deal to stay.

Even tho it appeared from team building purposes (as it was in November) he was only a stand by for Wolves 2016.

I'm up there tomorrow, fetching a load of pipe, and then on with installing the new drains on 3 & 4 with Steve C...

The forecast for today, Sat and Sun has changed this week more times than I'd like to count..!! Decent for tomorrow, not so brilliant Sunday, but could get away with mostly a dryish day!

Good luck with getting those drains done!

Good luck with getting those drains done!

Drains on turn 3 + 4 installed, covered, drains on turns 1 + 2 and the straights cleaned out, just cosmetic work on turns 3 and 4 kerbing, and 1st metre of centre green to do, and do the levels on turn 3 and 4 to re-level, old track with new track kerbside... That's my Sats and Suns sorted for next 3/4 weeks!!

Then see what else can be done before tapes up...

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 3

Drains on turn 3 + 4 installed, covered, drains on turns 1 + 2 and the straights cleaned out, just cosmetic work on turns 3 and 4 kerbing, and 1st metre of centre green to do, and do the levels on turn 3 and 4 to re-level, old track with new track kerbside... That's my Sats and Suns sorted for next 3/4 weeks!!

Then see what else can be done before tapes up...

Well done, keep up the good work. It would be great if it could all be finished in time for the start.

Right now the team is complete we can look forward to the season starting I just hope that Ullamek and Paddy H are here for the whole season and don't mess the club around again

Right now the team is complete we can look forward to the season starting I just hope that Ullamek and Paddy H are here for the whole season and don't mess the club around again

Umm, so who are Leicesters heat leaders?

Flagrag I am sure if you ask patrick of you're concerns in person I am sure he'll explain his reasons but I guess you'll just carry on hiding behind you're keyboard and slagging riders off

• Like 2

Umm, so who are Leicesters heat leaders?

At a guess Ulamek, Walasek and Hougaard.

Flagrag I am sure if you ask patrick of you're concerns in person I am sure he'll explain his reasons but I guess you'll just carry on hiding behind you're keyboard and slagging riders off

Hougaard quit on Leicester last time he raced for us.......his excuse for walking out was that every time he raced in the u.k. he got injured...lets hope history won't repeat itself!