British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

You keep talking about DH needing to spend money, whether it is on riders or on the stadium and facilities.

Do you think he has such money at his disposal, then? Do you have insider information about this?

If not, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about how he can go about raising this money, and the amount you think will be needed.

There have been far to many false promises, the last couple of years, last year he was going to get a team together to make all the Lions fans proud of and hopefully be up there in the top 4, it didn't happen. Lat closed season was going to see new grandstands and riders changing rooms and showers built, it didn't happen either, there has been no main sponser since Rapid left, that can't help with the funding either, so what he has now, is just enough to get a team together with no real class in there. Not sure what the average age of the team is if you take Simonez and the 2 reserves out of the eqation.

I know that this is the worst EL we have ever seen, but it has to be seen that there is just not enough in the Piggy bank to bring in a top rider, what with the crowd levels falling off last year, the gate reciepts must have been well down,

If the Lions fail to produce the goods after 6 or more meetings, it could get even worse, maybe a few more will come back at the start of the season to see if it does improve the racing, but the fans will soon lose heart if the Lions are sitting at the bottom of the table for long.

I do hope it does work out, something needs to be done to bring back a big name sponser, a club just can't get by, from gate money alone. I would hate to see the Lions disappear off the speedway scene again, because so much hard work was put into getting it back again, it would be a big disshouner to all those people to lose it again.

The Lions where doing well in the PL. But thier venture into the top flight has not worked as it.

Well that is very disappointing to say the least .

IOW fans will soon get fed up of him but if not do us all a favour & keep him .

I recieved an e mail from DH today asking for my ideas on how to improve the running & experience on matchdays.

Among other ideas i will recommend the removal of Popple who drags the experince down. If people want to see a clown who likes to be centre of attention then they go to a circus they should have one forced upon them at a speedway meeting

Chris Popple will continue to present at Leicester in 2016 according to this piece on the Isle of Wight web-site:

http://www.wightwarriors.co/news/59/the-warriors-welcome-chris-popple-to-the-presentation-team

I haven't had an email yet but I'm sure one will be following shortly. :wink: My suggestions would be less track grading and no damn sun breaks. What are my chances? :lol:

• Like 2

I haven't had an email yet but I'm sure one will be following shortly. :wink: My suggestions would be less track grading and no damn sun breaks. What are my chances? :lol:

About as much chance of making the playoffs 😀

• Like 2

Yeah good idea to cut down on the track grading. Then all the cockwombles on the terraces will moan about the lack of passing due to the dirt being out by the fence and a rutted track. Lets not have any sun breaks and enjoy watching the crashes on the 3rd bend as result.

• Like 4

Track grading is all part of Speedway, I would rather there was more track grading at the big tracks as it'd mean more material on the track and more racing .....

Yeah good idea to cut down on the track grading. Then all the cockwombles on the terraces will moan about the lack of passing due to the dirt being out by the fence and a rutted track. Lets not have any sun breaks and enjoy watching the crashes on the 3rd bend as result.

I think people have been moaning about the lack of passing since Leicester opened so nothing new there and it actually might make things a bit more interesting to have all the dirt out by the fence and a few ruts. :lol: As for sun breaks ~ sorry I've not been brought up with these in my 65 plus years of Speedway watching and I can't be doing with hanging around waiting for the sun to go down.

........Trees........Track grading is all part of Speedway, I would rather there was more track grading at the big tracks as it'd mean more material on the track and more racing .....

Of course that all depends on whether there is any material to move around in the first place as tracks seem to be ultra slick these days.

Edited by Gemini

About as much chance of making the playoffs

A bit like yours then.. ;)

• Like 1

Just seen on the SCB website, that Bajarnie Pederson has lasted even less time that he did with the Lions. He has not even turned a wheel for Lakeside and they have give him the order of the boot.

• Like 1

Squabble, squabble, blooming squabble!!

Nothing to read on this thread, as with many other BSF threads at the moment....!

Sadly it's the close season so not a great deal happening to discuss on any of the BSF threads. Squabble, squabble? This is nothing ~ wait until the season starts when it will really get going. :lol:

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I don't usually keep tabs on the forum these days, but it has been suggested that I have a read, as my name has sprung up a couple of times recently within the Leicester thread. After catching up on the posts, I am a little disheartened in the way that some opinions have been expressed. I think the most disappointing thing is the way in which these comments are written on a public forum in a clubs thread, and that it has distracted away from the team talk etc and potentially bringing negativity towards the club and the promotion, which is a big shame. However it is important that I must clarify one or two opinions which have been presented here as fact.

I do not know who has posted the following comments, but I can say that they are simply not true.

I have spoken to him and tried to help him and give him some tips on how to make his presentation better but his response was, "I have been a dj for over 20 years and don't need advice from you, if you don't like it don't come"

I can truthfully and categorically say that this is totally false, I have never said, and never will, or even think:

"I have been a DJ for over 20 years, I don't need advice from you, if you don't like it don't come ".

I have spoken to, asked and been given much advice from many people over the years regarding presenting ideas etc. (I did in fact even post my personal email address on here or any help/advice/constructive criticism) Like anything in life, you cant apply everyones suggestions, for instance ask any team manager what would happen if they did everything everyone tells them to do. I try to listen to everyone, take in everything that is suggested, digest it, apply what I think is right for my presenting style, and discount what I dont believe is right for me. Ok, sometimes I get it wrong, but I do listen and take in thoughts and opinions and I am constantly working on improving in everything I do in life.

Im the first to put my hand up and say, 'you know what, Im not perfect, I do make mistakes, but I try, and try harder to get better'. I know my presenting style or even my personality will not appeal to everyone, but I will do my best always. I am thrilled that I am back at Leicester on the centre green this year, and also at the Isle Of Wight as well. As I am doing all I can to help the sport that I love, and being amongst other likeminded people as part of a team.

Its a real shame, forums are such a great voice for the fans to get involved, but in my opinion, the way in which these opinions are put across have largely contributed towards promoters, riders and officials moving away from the forum, leaving the fans with a voice, but no one listening.

Chris P.

Fair play to the bloke for coming on here with a direct response, without losing his rag and having a real go back at people...

• Like 9