Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Fair play to the bloke for coming on here with a direct response, without losing his rag and having a real go back at people...

You can't please everyone. None of us are perfect and it is only a couple of posters that don't wish him well.

• Like 1

Hopefully the weather will hold this week so we can get on with track work this weekend (from a volunteers point of view) only a little precipitation is in the forecast, let's hope it stays that way.....

• Like 1

Hopefully the weather will hold this week so we can get on with track work this weekend (from a volunteers point of view) only a little precipitation is in the forecast, let's hope it stays that way.....

Is there still hope that bends 1 and 2 will be altered before the new season starts or has the high water table curtailed this?

• Like 1

Out of interest, does DH give the volunteers free tickets ?

Out of interest, does DH give the volunteers free tickets ?

I don't know, most, if not all of us do jobs on race nights, from flag marshalls to tractor driving to machine examiners etc..

• Like 1

Now Lakeside have taken on another one of the Lions failed riders this time in Lewis Bridger, just hope for thier sakes that he last a little longer there than he did at BP. He is such a wated talent, that could have gone a long way in the sport, if only he had managed to get his head sorted out.

It is very hard and a very dark tunnel that people with depresion go through, we sufferered it with my daughter, it is not only the person themselves who suffer it is the parents or patners too.

Luckily after 5 suicide attempts and 3 lovely children, my daughter got her life sorted out. Just ho;pe that Lewis has managed to do the same thing since he left the Lions last year.

• Like 1

Now Lakeside have taken on another one of the Lions failed riders this time in Lewis Bridger, just hope for thier sakes that he last a little longer there than he did at BP. He is such a wated talent, that could have gone a long way in the sport, if only he had managed to get his head sorted out.

It is very hard and a very dark tunnel that people with depresion go through, we sufferered it with my daughter, it is not only the person themselves who suffer it is the parents or patners too.

Luckily after 5 suicide attempts and 3 lovely children, my daughter got her life sorted out. Just ho;pe that Lewis has managed to do the same thing since he left the Lions last year.

Oh my. Glad she is on the road to recovery.

• Like 1

On a positive note DH gave a great interview on Radio Leicester tonight. Good to hear him talking so positively.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I don't usually keep tabs on the forum these days, but it has been suggested that I have a read, as my name has sprung up a couple of times recently within the Leicester thread. After catching up on the posts, I am a little disheartened in the way that some opinions have been expressed. I think the most disappointing thing is the way in which these comments are written on a public forum in a clubs thread, and that it has distracted away from the team talk etc and potentially bringing negativity towards the club and the promotion, which is a big shame. However it is important that I must clarify one or two opinions which have been presented here as fact.

I do not know who has posted the following comments, but I can say that they are simply not true.

I have spoken to him and tried to help him and give him some tips on how to make his presentation better but his response was, "I have been a dj for over 20 years and don't need advice from you, if you don't like it don't come"

I can truthfully and categorically say that this is totally false, I have never said, and never will, or even think:

"I have been a DJ for over 20 years, I don't need advice from you, if you don't like it don't come ".

I have spoken to, asked and been given much advice from many people over the years regarding presenting ideas etc. (I did in fact even post my personal email address on here or any help/advice/constructive criticism) Like anything in life, you can’t apply everyone’s suggestions, for instance ask any team manager what would happen if they did everything everyone tells them to do. I try to listen to everyone, take in everything that is suggested, digest it, apply what I think is right for my presenting style, and discount what I don’t believe is right for me. Ok, sometimes I get it wrong, but I do listen and take in thoughts and opinions and I am constantly working on improving in everything I do in life.

I’m the first to put my hand up and say, 'you know what, I’m not perfect, I do make mistakes, but I try, and try harder to get better'. I know my presenting style or even my personality will not appeal to everyone, but I will do my best always. I am thrilled that I am back at Leicester on the centre green this year, and also at the Isle Of Wight as well. As I am doing all I can to help the sport that I love, and being amongst other likeminded people as part of a team.

It’s a real shame, forums are such a great voice for the fans to get involved, but in my opinion, the way in which these opinions are put across have largely contributed towards promoters, riders and officials moving away from the forum, leaving the fans with a voice, but no one listening.

Chris P.

Fair do's much respect for that response...refreshingly untypical of most involved with clubs these days

• Like 2

Congratulations Sarah & Rob on the birth of your new baby girl.

• Like 1

More good news......... We are on a roll !!

What are you hinting at mr flagrag ?

One thing for sure I don't think Sarah will be getting a congratulations card from DH after this winter

May I ask who are Sarah and Rob? :unsure:

• Like 1