British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Just put a bet a couple of bets on bet365.

Bet 1 Leicester City to win premier league at 2.75

Leicestershire to win County Championship Division 2 at 26.00

Leicester Tigers to win the Rugby European Cup at 7.00

Leicester Lions to win the Elite League at 101.00

Put 20p on to win £10,110.10p

Bet 2 Same selections as above but each way.

Put on 10p each way to win £5342.90p

Easy money.

• Like 1

Easy money.

Tigers might let you down ;)

• Like 2

One that doesn't put us at much risk of the team being anywhere near the points limits!

I think the BSPA has realised the points limit was set a bit too high, but unfortunately that horse has bolted now - and it's wearing blue and white colours!

Seem to recall David Hemsley wanting a higher points limit a couple of years ago - that would have been when he was still harbouring delusions about all kinds of "top riders" who he believed were queing up to sign for Leicester.

How times change, eh?

• Like 1

Easy money.

If only you had put a bet on Leicester City at the start of the season when they were 5000/1 :wink:

• Like 1

Easy money.

Hope this bet does not mean you will have to cut down on food this month.

Hope this bet does not mean you will have to cut down on food this month.

I don't want to be greedy.

If only you had put a bet on Leicester City at the start of the season when they were 5000/1 :wink:

I have also backed leicester city but only got 5-1 as didn't do it too long ago.

• Like 1

I think the BSPA has realised the points limit was set a bit too high, but unfortunately that horse has bolted now - and it's wearing blue and white colours!

I caught him and stuck him away last night, but he's been kicking tenbells of whatnot out of the door this morning.. So much energy..

Edited by Starman2006

Seem to recall David Hemsley wanting a higher points limit a couple of years ago - that would have been when he was still harbouring delusions about all kinds of "top riders" who he believed were queing up to sign for Leicester.

How times change, eh?

I wonder how much substance there was in that spin. If I had a pound for every time I heard the Ryan Fisher rumour I could buy a season ticket. The revolving door was always turning, but largely for the long line of journeymen looking for a team place. Leicester have never had to fight for a rider's services. I'd be interested to know which riders are Leicester assets.

Leicester vs Swindon now Wednesday 13th April the return of Jason Doyle live on Sky sports should be a good match and atmosphere. I just hope we get a clear day and no delays as lighting is not the best at Leicester

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1

Any news on a team sponsor? I think it's more worrying than the below average team line up, that for 2 years running the Lions have failed to secure a main sponsor, especially as I thought this was one of the things Neil Machin was brought in to assist with.

I just hope the confirmation on a TV meeting may help lure a company to become a sponsor.

Any news on a team sponsor? I think it's more worrying than the below average team line up, that for 2 years running the Lions have failed to secure a main sponsor, especially as I thought this was one of the things Neil Machin was brought in to assist with.

I just hope the confirmation on a TV meeting may help lure a company to become a sponsor.

Why the club fails to get sponsors maybe

1) poor team

2) poor track

3) poor website

4) poor media pr at the club

5) poor advertising for sponsors with only one meeting a season on sky

Just a few possible reasons

• Like 1

Funnily enough all the things that are on the list to be addressed now that they have seen sense got rid of Sarah.

You are going to see a new Leicester speedway behind the scene's this season so cut them some slack & judge them once the season starts i think you will all be very surprised. People are working round the clock to tie things up before going public very soon

Why the club fails to get sponsors maybe

1) poor team

2) poor track

3) poor website

4) poor media pr at the club

5) poor advertising for sponsors with only one meeting a season on sky

Just a few possible reasons

Edited by lionking
  • Like 1

Funnily enough all the things that are on the list to be addressed now that they have seen sense got rid of Sarah.

Is there anyone there that you actually like ?????

Edited by TMW

You are going to see a new Leicester speedway behind the scene's this season so cut them some slack & judge them once the season starts i think you will all be very surprised. People are working round the clock to tie things up before going public very soon

So they "got rid" did they… as opposed to her leaving to have a baby as Flagrag stated? Interesting. Anyone else at BP you would like to see gone? First Chris P and now Sarah. Sounds a bit bitchy behind the scenes.

Anyway, good to hear all those things are now being addressed... it's only taken 5 years! :lol:

• Like 3