British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

it is only paying off for them if people use there company but sadly I have never heard of them or even know what they do ?

I wonder if there sponsorship money will be spent on a good number 1 now

I'd be surprised if it provides for that much. More likely it helps towards running costs. Better than nothing, and it might help with efforts to encourage other companies decide to add some sponsorship.

I get the feeling that Dave Darcy is a more pragmatic type than DH when it comes to business management??

I wonder if Leicester tried Aaron Summers? He showed good form with Swindon last year and would be a stronger option than Klindt!

personally, id prefer klindt. guested well for us last year, performed well for us in 2014, knows his way around the track and we at least know he's loyal to the club. not saying summers wouldnt have been, but I am quite happy with Nicolai, its Houggard that needs to prove himself to lions fans IMO

• Like 1

Have you ever been? :blink:

I have been going there since they where a PL side. Seen far to many nasty crashes on both bends. More due to the fact that they all get to that fisrst corner and have nowhere else to go if all 4 riders are going for the only racing line there is out of those first 2 bends, suprised that no one has been seriuosly hurt before now, hope that the track changes to bends 3/4 not only make for better racing, but also it cuts out the factor of to many accindents on that bend.

I have all faith that Glyn, that what he has done these past weeks will be the correct way forward, a real shame that the work on 1/2 never had a chance. To get started, just hope that the summer break makes that work possible.

I have been going there since they where a PL side. Seen far to many nasty crashes on both bends. More due to the fact that they all get to that fisrst corner and have nowhere else to go if all 4 riders are going for the only racing line there is out of those first 2 bends, suprised that no one has been seriuosly hurt before now, hope that the track changes to bends 3/4 not only make for better racing, but also it cuts out the factor of to many accindents on that bend.

I have all faith that Glyn, that what he has done these past weeks will be the correct way forward, a real shame that the work on 1/2 never had a chance. To get started, just hope that the summer break makes that work possible.

I agree about being surprised nobody has been seriously hurt or worse, the track was the worst I have ever seen.

I agree about being surprised nobody has been seriously hurt or worse, the track was the worst I have ever seen.

Do you ever have anything positive to say?
  • Like 2

Imagine being locked in a room with Robert 72 & Weatherwatcher, i'd definately be looking for the nearest window,,,!

• Like 6

If I borrowed your glasses I probably see things a lot different but sadly I have seen awful racing,crowds disappearing and a poor line up for 2016 with only bends 3/4 just about completed, so what is there to be positive about at the moment concerning the lions ?

If I borrowed your glasses I probably see things a lot different but sadly I have seen awful racing,crowds disappearing and a poor line up for 2016 with only bends 3/4 just about completed, so what is there to be positive about at the moment concerning the lions ?

oh woe is me!

Imagine being locked in a room with Robert 72 & Weatherwatcher, i'd definately be looking for the nearest window,,,!

The problem is Steve since they closed the Towers Hospital,mental health care across the county has become non existent.

Valium and straight jackets apparently on sale this season at the track shop

• Like 1

How about the fact that the Lions are back on track after years and years in the wilderness? How about the fact that there are people trying their darnest to correct the track and its racing lines? How about the fact that you have a very decent stadium?

There's three reasons to be cheerful ;)

• Like 7

How about the fact that the Lions are back on track after years and years in the wilderness? How about the fact that there are people trying their darnest to correct the track and its racing lines? How about the fact that you have a very decent stadium?

Is he a Lions fan? Thought he was from Coventry. Edited by Steve Shovlar

How about the 5 years it's been back and the amount of people who have walked away wishing it hadn't returned as it was boring.

How about the fact the season ended last August and they have yet to Finnish turns 3 & 4 plus with No sign of doing turns 1 & 2 ?

How about the stadium, yes it's a good stadium to watch if the product was worth watching.

You can try and polish it up but the fact is the fans have not seen real value for money since it opened.