British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Is Cameron Woodward fit and riding again yet?

And does anyone know if Seb Ulamek is just over here to get in a bit of practice before Poland gets properly underway?

I'd say the answers to those 2 questions are 'No' and 'Yes'. :wink:

And does anyone know if Seb Ulamek is just over here to get in a bit of practice before Poland gets properly underway?

Ulamek was in different Kevlars to the other members of the septet at Coventry... Don't know if that was just me reading between the lines, but I thought it might mean he's not intent to hang around for long

• Like 1

I think in the PL, the track proved to be too technical for the lesser able and experienced riders to master, and this had a substantial impact on the quality of the racing. Thats how Magnus, when fully fit and in the right mood, could be invincible there, plus of course the all-important gating ability.

If the early comments are anything to go by, the alterations made so far to the track may have made it less difficult, and providing the other bends get done, maybe it will become less of a daunting prospect for the less able and experienced guys, and enable them to ride it with more confidence (and I'm talking here about NL level and lower order PL level riders) and so offer better racing than was previously the case in the PL.

The Elite League is struggling to maintain credibility, not helped by the atrocious decisions made during the winter by the promoters. Sky are (undertandably) apparently getting cold feet, and when Leicester joined the league in 2014, it was already on the slide. A bit like boarding the Titanic when the iceberg was already in view.

that beggers the question why was magnus never asked back if only to fill a second string role at bp because like you say could and can beat anyone around there.

Seb's over here for the season. Not riding in Poland this year.

How does that explain his 9 points for Leszno yesterday.

Because I was thinking of Greg instead. D'oh!

Seb's over here for the season. Not riding in Poland this year.

Wrong he is named in the Wroclaw squad.

Wrong, he is named in the Torun squad!

• Like 1

Only so he can practice out there.

Really?

I doubt that!

It will be when not if he rides in his Polish team IMHO

If there is many more performances like so far this season I can see Wozniak considering his options as he will be fully aware that Wroclaw are watching his form in the UK closely to decide whether to pick him for their matches.

Is it time to offer Bjarne Pedersen another chance?

Also how long can Norrie stay in charge ?

Something needs to change before Saturday to convince those who walked out early to give it another go.

Only so he can practice out there.

Are you living in cloud cuckoo land !!!! In the Polish Extraleague each team is allowed 3 non- Polish riders- Torun Have Hancock, Holder and Vaculik in 2016.

• Like 1

Should Leicester consider replacing Seb Ulamek with 2 Premier League top dogs such as Simon Stead & Ulrich Ostergaard in a position share scheme such as the one Lakeside have been allowed to use with Richard Lawson & Edward Kennett who are both declared as sharing position 4 in their team.

• Like 1

It is a difficult situation for Leicester. All members of their squad need to be 'on form' if they are to be competitive and, as others have said, they look weak, particularly in the latter heats.

Problems attracting quality riders are down to what?

- a Saturday race night

- management issues - there has been a number of 'falling outs' with riders

Whatever the cause, there is no excuse for riders giving the impression that they are not even trying

I for one hope they come out of their present situation - no one likes to see a team continually trounced - it isn't good for the sport.

Just noticed that Jordan Road Surfacing has disappeared when the stadium name is given. So I guess that sponsorship is no more.

Also, find it a bit strange there appears to have been no promotion, so far, of the scheduled Sky match v Swindon next week.