British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

From Monday Aaron Summers is number one in Leicester averages (but only no 2 for his Premier League team!)

And Paul Starke will be in top five at the expense of Klindt.

• Like 1

From Monday Aaron Summers is number one in Leicester averages (but only no 2 for his Premier League team!)

And Paul Starke will be in top five at the expense of Klindt.

So Auty has a season at reserve?

I don't think so. One FTR must always be a reserve but it might change each time new averages come out. It is always to be the lowest averaging FTR which rides as a reserve. I think?

• Like 3

I don't think so. One FTR must always be a reserve but it might change each time new averages come out. It is always to be the lowest averaging FTR which rides as a reserve. I think?

Correct.

I thought the no7. (Second FTR pick) always stayed at reserve and the no1 pick can move up and down. Could be wrong though

Correct.

Only the highest averaged FTR can move up at any one time, but it can be either reserve.

With averages changing every 4 matches this is likely to see a switch in rider movement.

I thought the no7. (Second FTR pick) always stayed at reserve and the no1 pick can move up and down. Could be wrong though

No, not anymore Phil,it's either now.

Correct.

Only the highest averaged FTR can move up at any one time, but it can be either reserve.

With averages changing every 4 matches this is likely to see a switch in rider movement.

No, not anymore Phil,it's either now.

Thanks steve

• Like 1

Blimey. Has a simple thing like speedway always been this complicated?

Blimey. Has a simple thing like speedway always been this complicated?

Well, yes - it was many years ago that I adopted my 'signature'.

• Like 1

Reading the comments about the alterations to bends 3 & 4 on various meeting threads it seems the general opinion is that there has been some improvement in the racing but we will not see the full benefit until bends 1 & 2 are done. I seem to remember that there was some suggestion earlier in the year that 1 & 2 could be done when there was a SGP or World Cup break. Does anyone know if there is a possibility that 1 & 2 will be done during the season or will they have to wait until next Autumn/Winter?

Reading the comments about the alterations to bends 3 & 4 on various meeting threads it seems the general opinion is that there has been some improvement in the racing but we will not see the full benefit until bends 1 & 2 are done. I seem to remember that there was some suggestion earlier in the year that 1 & 2 could be done when there was a SGP or World Cup break. Does anyone know if there is a possibility that 1 & 2 will be done during the season or will they have to wait until next Autumn/Winter?

Or next spring ?

With crowds so low they cannot afford not to make changes to bends 1-2 ASAP they need to have a good race track that people want to visit which is not the case at the moment at BP

Another great piece of fixture scheduling leaves us without Wozniak and Ulamek at Kings Lynn due to a Polish championship meeting on Thursday. Freddie Lindgren for Seb and R/R for Wozniak.

Another great piece of fixture scheduling leaves us without Wozniak and Ulamek at Kings Lynn due to a Polish championship meeting on Thursday. Freddie Lindgren for Seb and R/R for Wozniak.

Part of me actually thinks that arranging meetings where you can get a better rider in as a guest is now actually a 'tactic'..

And all the while the sport's credibility decreases bit by bit by more 'self inflicted' nonsense that any other 'professional' sport would find laughable...

Never actually learn these promoters do they?...

Edit : Thought guests were only for the Number One this year?

Summers is there isn't he?

Edited by mikebv

We're missing two riders and in that eventuality you are allowed a guest I believe

• Like 1

However, if you look at the BSPA website, it shows Auty in the 1 - 5 position & not Starke. Is that an editing error or is it that only one of the EDR riders was eligible to move up while the other EDR rider always remains at reserve? That's not how the rule reads though, yet more confusion. Edited by DunRobin