British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

It is still there but you need to click on the 'News' tab to be able to see it. The ones on the right hand side of the screen are all newer releases.

The report is still on the SCB website but I definitely can no longer find it in the BSPA website or Twitter feed which is where the news broke from.

So much has happened over the years with so many fall-outs with so many different people that my only surprise is that it's taken this long to come to a head.

Having heard from witnessess what occurred, and assuming those accounts are accurate, then he only has himself to blame. He was doing a bit more than 'speaking his mind about his own business interest' as R72 put it.

These fines wouldn't be imposed if they were not within the rules and you simply can't behave like he has continually done so with various individuals, and not at some point expect to pay the price for it. Being beligerent, confrontational, dictatorial and egotistical rarely ends well.

What an absolute mess for Leicester Speedway and it's loyal supporters.

No mention of it at all on the Lions Facebook page. I posted it on the supporters club Facebook and it's mysteriously vanished. Head in the sand springs to mind.

This is a great shame for our sport and a great shame for a club that managed to rise again after 20 years away from the sport.

I will be an even bigger shame if the club closes and the sport is lost again at Leicester, because if that does happen I doubt very much if it would ever start up again, I think that some times even a Pheonix dies.

I know the SCB/BPSA where doing thier job, but this seems to be very poorly thought out, with the club having enough problems at the moment, without hitting them with another nail in the coffin lid. A total disgrace, if things at BP go from bad to worse then I just hope that the SCB/BPSA, have a plan B already lined up for a new promoter to take over,

• Like 2

So much has happened over the years with so many fall-outs with so many different people that my only surprise is that it's taken this long to come to a head.

Having heard from witnessess what occurred, and assuming those accounts are accurate, then he only has himself to blame. He was doing a bit more than 'speaking his mind about his own business interest' as R72 put it.

These fines wouldn't be imposed if they were not within the rules and you simply can't behave like he has continually done so with various individuals, and not at some point expect to pay the price for it. Being beligerent, confrontational, dictatorial and egotistical rarely ends well.

What an absolute mess for Leicester Speedway and it's loyal supporters.

Pity that Chapman jnr and Heathen Chemistry didn't read this valuable contribution to this issue before venting the uneducated speens.

Pity that Chapman jnr and Heathen Chemistry didn't read this valuable contribution to this issue before venting the uneducated speens.

JC only asked a question about having club members on the board. Hardly venting

• Like 2

The big problem at BP for DH is that he doe's not own the land that the stadium sits on. We know that Coventry have tried to work out a track share, that seems to have come up against a brick wall. The SCB/BPSA knew that DH would not even think of paying a fine they gave him. If it comes to the crunch at the end of season, that is if the Lions make it there. The they take away his promoters liceince and the track loses it raceing licieince, he would have very little to sell, bar a track you couldn't race on a wooden fence and a few buildings. In jump Coventry and make an offer well below the £650,00 that DH is asking for the club as it would be useless. I am afraid unless he pays up he is in a catch 69 here.

valuable? thats an opinion.... was he charged with assault, is there a police investigation?

beligerant, confrontational, dictorial and egotistical are not ciminal, they are describing someones personality they also describe some of the other promoters,

the fine imposed is scandalous , on appeal that will be reduced im sure ,

The big problem at BP for DH is that he doe's not own the land that the stadium sits on. We know that Coventry have tried to work out a track share Do you ? , best tell Mick Horton , that seems to have come up against a brick wall. The SCB/BPSA knew that DH would not even think of paying a fine they gave him Did they , How do you know that ?. If it comes to the crunch at the end of season, that is if the Lions make it there. The they take away his promoters liceince and the track loses it raceing licieince,Track License has nothing to do with promoters license , Unless of course you know something different he would have very little to sell, bar a track you couldn't race on a wooden fence and a few buildings. In jump Coventry and make an offer well below the £650,00.. if it's £650.00 I'll buy it that DH is asking for the club as it would be useless. I am afraid unless he pays up he is in a catch 69 Is that anything like Catch 22

Edited by speedibee

JC only asked a question about having club members on the board. Hardly venting

With innuendo's yes. Obviously has some reason to keep kicking.

It was a fair question. Members of a disciplinary panel shouldn't be existing promoters / owners of clubs as they can be accused on the basis of not being impartial

• Like 3

Didn't realise mind reading was one of your talents ;)

Didn't realise mind reading was one of your talents ;)

Doesn't take much to identify an agenda. You could do it.

It was a fair question. Members of a disciplinary panel shouldn't be existing promoters / owners of clubs as they can be accused on the basis of not being impartial

Not much point in having a management committee then.

Surely the biggest problem at Beaumont Park is that with a blank canvas they failed to create a decent racetrack. Old and much talked over subject I know but if the track had been laid similar to Somerset I seriously doubt any of these problems would be arising

The big problem at BP for DH is that he doe's not own the land that the stadium sits on. We know that Coventry have tried to work out a track share, that seems to have come up against a brick wall. The SCB/BPSA knew that DH would not even think of paying a fine they gave him. If it comes to the crunch at the end of season, that is if the Lions make it there. The they take away his promoters liceince and the track loses it raceing licieince, he would have very little to sell, bar a track you couldn't race on a wooden fence and a few buildings. In jump Coventry and make an offer well below the £650,00 that DH is asking for the club as it would be useless. I am afraid unless he pays up he is in a catch 69 here.

It's not as simple as some folk think. The land on which the stadium is situated and the surrounding land (where the BMX Track and 5 a side football pitches were supposed to be) was leased by Leicester City Council to Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd. who were the company who obtained planning permission for and built the Speedway Track. They in turn let the track to Leicester Speedway Ltd. Mr Hemsley is a director of both companies. Not sure if this helps the discussion or muddies the water even more!