Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

May I ask who are Sarah and Rob? :unsure:

Sarah is Backroom staff at the Lions and Rob is the Team Manager for the Leicester Riders (Basket ball I think) :-)

• Like 2

Is Sarah backroom staff at the lions though ???

Sarah is Backroom staff at the Lions and Rob is the Team Manager for the Leicester Riders (Basket ball I think) :-)

No LionKing Sarah is no longer a member of the Leicester back room staff as is stated in this thread ,she has just had a baby so has left her role with the Lions.

One thing for sure I don't think Sarah will be getting a congratulations card from DH after this winter

Was she in charge of team building then ;)

• Like 1

No LionKing Sarah is no longer a member of the Leicester back room staff as is stated in this thread ,she has just had a baby so has left her role with the Lions.

Sorry must have missed that.

Has there been any more work on the track as we have had a good dry spell over the last 4 or 5 days.

• Like 1

Very much doubt they will risk it this close to the season starting. I'll be okay anyway because when/if I go I have to be on the 3rd/4th bend anyway as dogs aren't allowed anywhere else. At least I'll see some passing. Don't all move round at once ~ Lucy likes a bit of space to go to sleep. :lol:

• Like 1

We were working on the track all day today, mostly drying shale out, cutting high spots off and in-filling dips and holes... Had some new shale delivered today, and Glyn was working it into the track after a lot of worn out surface material was removed..

Starting to resemble a speedway track again now.. Still lots of work to be done on the surface, a lot depends on the next 2-3 weeks weather we get, the 7-14 day forecast is a tad messy with a lot of computer models not in unison, could, and I mean could get a really heavy snowfall next weekend if one set of models becomes the dominant outcome.. But all models indicate a cold first half of March..

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Well it is still Winter!! Might have had a better chance if the work had been allowed to start sooner!!

• Like 2

The week ahead seem to be a rather bit unpredictable. From the models I have been looking at I think the worst we will get are just a few showers, I hope they have got it right. It looks like Scotland, Ireland and North Wales are going to be in for the worst of the weather. We are set to get a few days with the weather being a little warmer around Tuesday and then another cool spell later in the week, this looks like it will stay that way for quite a bit of March, but that is only what they are guesing from the models they do.

So it is like all the other reports we get with the great British weather. It is just to confusing to really say what is going to happen from day to day as things can change so fast here.

Was she in charge of team building then ;)

Yes

Building a team of her own

• Like 1

Quick question, what average does Patrick Hougaard return on? Cheers

One that doesn't put us at much risk of the team being anywhere near the points limits!