British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

I am sure that common sense will prevail if new promotors not affiliated with the Hemsley family come forward then the fine will be waived to enable the club to operate in the future.

Steep fine, totalling over £9K

A fine of £7500 in addition to the £300 fine imposed at the Meeting.

Costs of the Court Hearing £1380

saying that, if he fails to pay and it actually ends up in a real court and the rulings are upheld Hemsley could find himself in deeper stuff

Art 3.2.5 (Ungentlemanly Conduct) x 2 counts
Art 3.2 9 (fraudulent comments) x 2counts
Art 3.2.8 (an act of violent, threatening and abusive behaviour) x 2 counts
Art 3.2.7 (acts prejudicial to the interests of the sport) x 1 count

Those last three would be interesting to know about what actually happened

• Like 2

So, he gets a bit het up and goes to see the referee - a £7.5K fine plus £1.4K costs and licence suspension seems a bit steep to me. There must be more to it than that? When we've seen behave in such a way towards other riders or officials I don't remember them facing such harsh penalties?

Ultimately, could it see Leicester closed down? Taken over by Horton or is that just me touting a conspiracy theory?

was it a female referee at the King's Lynn meeting?

What he said could fall in the same category as the Eva Carneiro v Jose Mourinho court battle

So, he gets a bit het up and goes to see the referee - a £7.5K fine plus £1.4K costs and licence suspension seems a bit steep to me. There must be more to it than that? When we've seen behave in such a way towards other riders or officials I don't remember them facing such harsh penalties?

Ultimately, could it see Leicester closed down? Taken over by Horton or is that just me touting a conspiracy theory?

Not paying or appealing the original £300 fine was a bad start. Not turning up for the SCB hearing was just plain stupid. If he doesn't pay up it comes out of the bond.

What he said could fall in the same category as the Eva Carneiro v Jose Mourinho court battle

The ref was Mick Bates. 3.2.8 includes non payment of fines, 3.2.9 will possibly be his reported outburst over the PA and probably his disingenuous statement in which he said he was standing down as promoter when in fact he'd been suspended for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Certainly throwing the book at him. What next for Leicester?

No, the referee was Mick Bates. This was the meeting in which the referee (allegedly) turned the floodlights out by mistake, stopping the meeting for half an hour.

Well all this might help to explain why he had a face like a slapped arse at Beaumont Park on Saturday.

No winners coming out of this situation. Grim

Hopefully the SCB will change their stance of not allowing a new promotion to take over the club until fines and costs are paid as that is not something that they are responsible for and will only achieve in the club remaining closed.

I can understand that they will not allow Yulia to take over and in my opinion that is a good idea as she is not very speedway oriented at all and is embarrassing in the pits with riders

they are an embarrassing trio,david yulia and norrie,throw in dave darcy and you have the complete comedy act thats second to none.

• Like 3

Certainly throwing the book at him. What next for Leicester?

The knives are out . if you want to know what happens next , See Milton keynes Elfield park . They wont be happy until they see Leicester close

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but 1500 people watching premier league speedway and other events right up until Oct every Saturday evening (some Sundays) must look wonderful now compared to the "Elite" league. What next Leicester Bees on a Friday nights or another Newport. As speedibee says the knives are out lets just hope its not the keys to the JCB come September

• Like 1

So the SCB take the opportunity to do something they may have been awaiting the chance of, for some time.

Whilst the promoters license has been suspended, D.Hemsley as proprietor/director continues to control the company that runs speedway at Beaumont Park, but he can no longer represent the club at the governing body level. Unless he wants to blow his entire bond money, he's unlikely to relinquish that role and I doubt if the SCB has the power to strip him of it, either. Whether his conduct now makes him unfit to be a company director, could be another matter!

So Leicester is left with Darcy and Machin as the BSPA/SCB approved promoters, but at local level Hemsley is effectively still their boss. That must now put Darcy and Machin in potentially a difficult situation. Would they want to continue, because if not, that would really cause a problem wouldn't it?

• Like 1

The fine is steep but the question remains, was it harsh? We'll never know until the facts come out. Will that ever happen? Not likely

We hear quite a lot that he and his Mrs are lose cannons with their mouths. Even at their own rider's.

SCB won't issue fines like that for nothing though

• Like 3

Can't of helped not attending the hearing though? Principles aside if he had turned up, apologised and offered some remorse i suspect he would have got a lesser fine & suspended sentence?

Instead his stubborn actions have affected many others including all riders and British speedway as a whole.

• Like 1