British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

I think that most people agree that, if any rules have been broken, then a punishment should follow. It's the scale of the punishment compared to other decisions in disciplinary cases that bothers me.

• Like 2

Bomber normally goes pretty well round Leicester... Hard to tell if it's because he rides the track well or if it's because he's riding against our weak team though!

He passed Doyley around bends 3 and 4 last season.. not someone who could be regarded as weak oppo. Plus, if first two corners are altered as per 3 & 4 for next eason there will be some good lines for Bomber to exploit without the need scrub off so much speed as previous.

• Like 2

If anyone took over the reins at BP the first job I hope they would do would be to alter the track, the second one is to approach the Council to get the land that is wated behind the disabled car parking and the wasted land at the side of the main entrance that looks a little like a bomb site into much needed carparking, instead of as at the moment having to use the the shopping carpark, with a time limit on it when it is a free carpark as only SCB knows to well.

If anyone took over the reins at BP the first job I hope they would do would be to alter the track, the second one is to approach the Council to get the land that is wated behind the disabled car parking and the wasted land at the side of the main entrance that looks a little like a bomb site into much needed carparking, instead of as at the moment having to use the the shopping carpark, with a time limit on it when it is a free carpark as only SCB knows to well.

The council are still waiting for the football pitches and BMX track to be provided . plus any new owner would have to remove all the spoil that Hemsley dumped where they were supposed to be sited . £35 a load went a long way towards the cost of building the track , but hey lets not tarnish st davids crown with any facts him not financing the whole place

• Like 1

To move Coventry to Leicester in place of (or even in addition to) Leciester would be madness and would work for nobody at all.

So given the BSPA's many previous examples in devising and implementing plans, we know that this is exactly what will happen!!!

Interesting piece on the Leicester Mercury website tonight ( sorry don't know how to post link) . DH says he will appeal fine " on a number of grounds" including the "huge" fine."I feel the press release misrepresented me & is not an accurate statement of fact". He says "I hold my hands up to threatening and abusive language but there were reasons behind why that was the case. But I am not a liar"." The fine also needs to reflect the actual allegations that can be substantiated" .

He goes on to say the fine will be paid one way or another & will have no impact on the future of the club. Also adding, that he told the SCB 3 weeks in advance he couldn't attend the hearing & gave them 3 alternative dates when he could attend.

He said - they said!!!

I have to smile upon reading that DH criticises the SCB for the way they've publicised the adjudication and then he does the same with his letter of appeal?!

Edited by Skidder1

He said - they said!!!

I have to smile upon reading that DH criticises the SCB for the way they've publicised the adjudication and then he does the same with his letter of appeal?!

And admits his guilt in it as well.

And admits his guilt in it as well.

He admitted threatening and abusive behaviour, nowhere in the article does he admit to anything else. There again I'm not a great believer in the press giving the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. He also says he informed the SCB that he was unable to attend on the date and gave alternatives but I note you haven't quoted that bit :P

I don't know the whys and the wherefores of what he did or didn't do but I do have a sense of fair play. In a court of law pleading guilty usually means a lesser sentence, If that applies to the SCB lord above knows what the original fine was :shock::wink:

He admitted threatening and abusive behaviour, nowhere in the article does he admit to anything else. There again I'm not a great believer in the press giving the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. He also says he informed the SCB that he was unable to attend on the date and gave alternatives but I note you haven't quoted that bit :P

I don't know the whys and the wherefores of what he did or didn't do but I do have a sense of fair play. In a court of law pleading guilty usually means a lesser sentence, If that applies to the SCB lord above knows what the original fine was :shock::wink:

The original fine was £300 which it appears he didn't pay or appeal. Admitting guilt in a newspaper article has no bearing on a hearing that wasn't attended.

• Like 1

The council are still waiting for the football pitches and BMX track to be provided . plus any new owner would have to remove all the spoil that Hemsley dumped where they were supposed to be sited . £35 a load went a long way towards the cost of building the track , but hey lets not tarnish st davids crown with any facts him not financing the whole place

At one point I thought those vert ramps are going to be wicked :rofl:

The original fine was £300 which it appears he didn't pay or appeal. Admitting guilt in a newspaper article has no bearing on a hearing that wasn't attended.

It could be submitted if he does appeal.

It could be submitted if he does appeal.

True, but I was referring to SL's misguided last sentence.

Edited by Alan Jones