British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

I don't think you can compare past incidents and penalties. The rules and regs and penalties have probably been updated since then!!

Hemsley's got no chance of getting anything out of the Mafiosa, many have tried, and all have failed, he should just accept it, he's finished in Speedway, will have plenty of time to count the money he's lost.

Could always get some money back by shortening those ridiculous straights, and selling the shale.

Hemsley's got no chance of getting anything out of the Mafiosa, many have tried, and all have failed, he should just accept it, he's finished in Speedway, will have plenty of time to count the money he's lost.

Could always get some money back by shortening those ridiculous straights, and selling the shale.

He has shortened the straights dummy!

He has shortened the straights dummy!

Yes he may have shortened the straights but not to any great effect. Clearly again last night from watching the racing lines tight to the boards on bend 2 then close on bend 4 is a natural line the bikes make. If only they could make the bends wider would be a tremendous little stadium yes means major work to move temp stands but look at the long term gains. Actual racing with multi lines such a shame...

• Like 1

Must have been his double I spoke to tonight at Beaumont Park then. Mind you he did look nice and brown. :lol:

I go back as far as the early 70's with the Lions. Apart from the dreadful 1976 team, I can't think of a weaker (top flight) seven than what we have now. Can anyone recall a worse team than these two (sad when it gets to this I know)?

The team they have is the cheapest possible seven to see out the season.

The money lodged with the bspa means they should get paid.

Lets hope theres a buy out in place for 2017. Be a shame after all the hard work to see the land flattened for houses.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I also put blame on sky as they have not been fair on Leicester, One Live meeting a season at home, how can that help promote Leicester speedway, not even been seen in an away meeting since they joined the EL it's shocking to snub one club.

• Like 2

Because they are simply not good enough to show on Sky. At home the track produces zero proper racing, and away from home they are so weak and dire even Leicester fans don't travel.

The money lodged with the bspa means they should get paid. .

Not from my information unfortunately.

I also put blame on sky as they have not been fair on Leicester, One Live meeting a season at home, how can that help promote Leicester speedway, not even been seen in an away meeting since they joined the EL it's shocking to snub one club.

I'm afraid it's a hard commercial world out there. TV stations need good viewing figures to present to advertisers. Racing at Beaumont Park has constantly attracted criticism, while away from home it's one win, one point for getting close and 10 heavier defeats. I don't take any pleasure from pointing this out, but if you take a step back you can see Sky's viewpoint. I don't know if they have any contractual obligation to show clubs a certain number of times.

I'm afraid it's a hard commercial world out there. TV stations need good viewing figures to present to advertisers. Racing at Beaumont Park has constantly attracted criticism, while away from home it's one win, one point for getting close and 10 heavier defeats. I don't take any pleasure from pointing this out, but if you take a step back you can see Sky's viewpoint. I don't know if they have any contractual obligation to show clubs a certain number of times.

Before Lions joined the EL, and Belle Vue were the whipping boys, did they only get one meeting on tv a year?

How many wooden spoons have they got in their prize cabinet?

The money lodged with the bspa means they should get paid.

Lets hope theres a buy out in place for 2017. Be a shame after all the hard work to see the land flattened for houses.

I don't think they will be able to build on the land as the reason it was a green field site is because the land was contaminated by heavy metals when it was part of Leicester's sewage treatment works until the Wanlip Sewage Treatment Works opened in the early 1960's.