British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

The 2 Poole meetings have been the dullest this year no doubt about it, but there have been far more good meetings this year than normal.

Bizarrely the worst & best meeting I have watched this year were the SWC race off & final which were a day apart at the same track, so it's not all just done to the shape.

• Like 2

The 2 Poole meetings have been the dullest this year no doubt about it, but there have been far more good meetings this year than normal.

Bizarrely the worst & best meeting I have watched this year were the SWC race off & final which were a day apart at the same track, so it's not all just done to the shape.

Of course other factors can affect the racing but a track that is well prepared but the wrong shape will nearly always produce poor racing whereas a track that is well prepared and the right shape will invariably produce good racing. The track for the race off produced poor racing not because of the track shape but because the rain prior to the meeting made the track too grippy. Hence the very fast race times but lack of passing. Edited by Aces51

Of course other factors can affect the racing but a track that is well prepared but the wrong shape will nearly always produce poor racing whereas a track that is well prepared and the right shape will invariably produce good racing. The track for the race off produced poor racing not because of the track shape but because the rain prior to the meeting made the track too grippy. Hence the very fast race times but lack of passing.

I agree belle vue is a better shape, but it is not the only determining factor in whether a meeting is a good one or a bad one. In general the meetings at Leicester have been better than previous years following the changes to the 3/4th bend.

In general the meetings at Leicester have been better than previous years following the changes to the 3/4th bend.

Yes, I'd agree with that, which is why I've been going this year. Just need to alter the 1st/2nd bend when the season has finished, drop down to the Premier League again, pay all the debts and get someone to take over then things will be looking rosy for 2017.

• Like 4

Yes, I'd agree with that, which is why I've been going this year. Just need to alter the 1st/2nd bend when the season has finished, drop down to the Premier League again, pay all the debts and get someone to take over then things will be looking rosy for 2017.

Easier said than done I think!

Easier said than done I think!

It can happen. Swindon were absolutely on our @rse thanks to a previous promotion but it's turned around big time.So much so that we can sign the 2016 world champion on a 2 year deal!

Nothing this Saturday anyway unless you want to see Planet Circus in the car park.

Won't Leicester get fined if they don't complete all their matches? Perhaps the Kings Lynn one will be midweek or on the 1st of October.

Edited by Gemini

Nothing this Saturday anyway unless you want to see Planet Circus in the car park. :lol:

Won't Leicester get fined if they don't complete all their matches? Perhaps the Kings Lynn one will be midweek or on the 1st of October.

Is the circus in front of the bar then, Where do they park ?

No mention if the meeting will happen yet but I guess most fans have lost interest now.

There is some discussion on the Peterboro' thread that it maybe staged at the Showground, I'm sure Gem would like that.

I heard something to this effect on Saturday at Leicester but I spoke to so many people I can't recall who I got it from, so I have no idea how solid this rumour is.

• Like 1

There is some discussion on the Peterboro' thread that it maybe staged at the Showground, I'm sure Gem would like that.

I heard something to this effect on Saturday at Leicester but I spoke to so many people I can't recall who I got it from, so I have no idea how solid this rumour is.

I also heard similar, except Scunny was the track being banded about....

Is the circus in front of the bar then, Where do they park ?

No idea except I think it's in the car park. The other land isn't very flat is it? :unsure:

No idea except I think it's in the car park. The other land isn't very flat is it? :unsure:

When I left on Saturday night the circus was congregating outside the stadium turnstile block.

• Like 1

There you go Robert. Book your tickets. :lol:

• Like 1

Shale Searcher I heard that Scunny was option two if they could not get it staged at the showground as they prefer the Peterborough option as they have a better home fan base and closer for both Leicester & Kings Lynnn fans so they are more likely to attend. The only advantage Scunny has is that Mr Godfrey is likely to charge the BSPA less to run the meeting than what the showground want in rent but common sense would say go to trick where more fans will come to watch it