British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Enough has been said regarding Mr Hemsley being adamant about his track shape. Earlier in the year I chatted briefly to Gino Manzares (he was outside the LCFC stadium before a game with his bike wearing Lions kevlars?) and I asked for his opinion on our track as he had been practicing there earlier that day. He said the track was fine and laughed when I mentioned people's comments on this forum. On reflection, what was he expected to say on that afternoon. With all the criticism flying around, and I find it hard to believe that DH is not aware of comments on this forum and I suspect that IF he was looking for an opinion on the track he would only consult certain riders whose job it is to win races as opposed to entertain. The bottom line is that DH will not lower himself to seek a second opinon on the track despite the opinion of the masses, whose decision it is to attend meetings (or not), will ultimately dictate the future of Leicester Speedway.

• Like 1

I'm sure DH takes more notice of what the riders think of the track.

Enough has been said regarding Mr Hemsley being adamant about his track shape. Earlier in the year I chatted briefly to Gino Manzares (he was outside the LCFC stadium before a game with his bike wearing Lions kevlars?) and I asked for his opinion on our track as he had been practicing there earlier that day. He said the track was fine and laughed when I mentioned people's comments on this forum. On reflection, what was he expected to say on that afternoon. With all the criticism flying around, and I find it hard to believe that DH is not aware of comments on this forum and I suspect that IF he was looking for an opinion on the track he would only consult certain riders whose job it is to win races as opposed to entertain. The bottom line is that DH will not lower himself to seek a second opinon on the track despite the opinion of the masses, whose decision it is to attend meetings (or not), will ultimately dictate the future of Leicester Speedway.

DH thinks he has the best racing track in British speedway, if this really was the case he would be putting on meetings to the end of October as people would be queuing up in big numbers to get in but sadly people have walked away and even Poole at BP couldn't attract a good size crowd for the last meeting of the season.

What makes you so sure?

Because he has already stated there isn't much wrong with the track and the riders praise it.

DH thinks he has the best racing track in British speedway, if this really was the case he would be putting on meetings to the end of October as people would be queuing up in big numbers to get in but sadly people have walked away and even Poole at BP couldn't attract a good size crowd for the last meeting of the season.

So, the fact that it was a bank holiday fixture, rained off and hastily rearranged for 3 days later, on a school night, had no bearing on the size of the crowd?

Blimey!! Even track staff were at a premium because it was rearranged for the Thursday, for God's sake!!

Unbelievable....!!

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 2

So, the fact that it was a bank holiday fixture, rained off and hastily rearranged for 3 days later, on a school night, had no bearing on the size of the crowd?

Blimey!! Even track staff were at a premium because it was rearranged for the Thursday, for God's sake!!

Unbelievable....!!

Nearly all Elite League clubs run on a school night, i think your making weak excuses for the fact crowds have been dropping all season,even though most teams have brought a good amount of away fans to BP.

Leicester has been losing a lot of fans due to the product not being value for money.

Unbelievable....!!

Maybe so but the track more than not produces poor racing,with virtually no passing after thr second bend and how many times do you see all 4 riders in close proximity,never in my opinion.....the straights are just too long,the guy with the fastest bike is so far ahead that the other riders can't catch up before the third bend.
  • Like 1

He says that....what he actually thinks could be a different matter!

Because he has already stated there isn't much wrong with the track and the riders praise it.

It's smooth, isn't it? That's what riders prefer?

I love my speedway and love coming to see the Lions. The answer to me not attending that many meetings is yes I just cant afford the maney to go every other week. I am lucky if I can manage to afford going 4 times a year.

Great to see the Lions finished in 6th spot in the EL, far better than we thought they would do, they have had a terrible year with injuries, etc. just hope that 2016 see a far better year for them and a finish higher up the table, the main selling point is if Jason Doyle dosen't return next season, then who will be the rider to take his place, has to be a top class act.

Went to watch the last home meeting, it was one of the worst crowds I think I have seen at BP, since they moved up to the EL, they had even nore fans there for the last PL meeting

Hope the management can get things sorted, it would be a crying shame to see the loss of speedway in the city again.

I love my speedway and love coming to see the Lions. The answer to me not attending that many meetings is yes I just cant afford the maney to go every other week. I am lucky if I can manage to afford going 4 times a year.

Great to see the Lions finished in 6th spot in the EL, far better than we thought they would do, they have had a terrible year with injuries, etc. just hope that 2016 see a far better year for them and a finish higher up the table, the main selling point is if Jason Doyle dosen't return next season, then who will be the rider to take his place, has to be a top class act.

Went to watch the last home meeting, it was one of the worst crowds I think I have seen at BP, since they moved up to the EL, they had even nore fans there for the last PL meeting

Hope the management can get things sorted, it would be a crying shame to see the loss of speedway in the city again.

That's the problem it's an expensive sport to watch and the product has to be right which it clearly isn't at BP.

He needs to get the diggers in now and rip it up and reshape it or it will be the end sooner than later as it's clear fans are losing interest with the lack of entertainment on offer for the money or he could just dish out the glasses he wears as he must see something the fans can't see.

It would be a very sad day to lose the sport in Leicester again.

That's the problem it's an expensive sport to watch and the product has to be right which it clearly isn't at BP.

He needs to get the diggers in now and rip it up and reshape it or it will be the end sooner than later as it's clear fans are losing interest with the lack of entertainment on offer for the money or he could just dish out the glasses he wears as he must see something the fans can't see.

It would be a very sad day to lose the sport in Leicester again.

It has been said already that it was a hastily rearranged match. I have spoken to several regulars who didnt find out about the fixture until it was too late. This is one reason why there was apoor attendance. One other reason that DH has said is that the supporters recognise the regular match day as Saturday and this is why he is reluctant to change from Saturday.

It has been said already that it was a hastily rearranged match. I have spoken to several regulars who didnt find out about the fixture until it was too late. This is one reason why there was apoor attendance. One other reason that DH has said is that the supporters recognise the regular match day as Saturday and this is why he is reluctant to change from Saturday.

Maybe so but the track more than not produces poor racing,with virtually no passing after thr second bend and how many times do you see all 4 riders in close proximity,never in my opinion.....the straights are just too long,the guy with the fastest bike is so far ahead that the other riders can't catch up before the third bend.

So the other riders need faster bikes then. Barry Briggs reckons its a good track because riders need to use their heads more and the throttle more carefully.

It has been said already that it was a hastily rearranged match. I have spoken to several regulars who didnt find out about the fixture until it was too late. This is one reason why there was apoor attendance. One other reason that DH has said is that the supporters recognise the regular match day as Saturday and this is why he is reluctant to change from Saturday.So the other riders need faster bikes then. Barry Briggs reckons its a good track because riders need to use their heads more and the throttle more carefully.

So your saying the club have No connection with their loyal fans, maybe they need a proper PR person then and a good person doing there website to keep it updated.

As to briggo, I have known him and tony for years, a great rider in his day but it's a different sport now, the bikes are like missiles and the track is the wrong shape to produce exciting racing and that's why you will regularly see bikes strung out.

Crowds were falling way before the Poole match because the product is not worth the money plus the added waiting around for sun breaks or tractor racing.

The website is a joke, nothing more, so way behind in letting the fans know what is going on, it would be nice just to see some sort of weekly update onm there, much like most of the other teams do.

Not sure who is the webmaster, but they need to up their game.

• Like 1

Get on the emailing list instead. Always seems to be up to date information given.