Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SCB

Birmingham Speedways Patheticness!

That's Birminghm for you. Report Somerset even though it's a friendly meeting that means nothing!

http://www.birminghambrummies.co/news.php?extend.2179

What a joke. Next time Birmingham fans are wondering why the sport is a joke. Why they closed down last year and why they're in the NL they need to look at this statement.

Utterly pathetic.

Lets examine your 'pathetic' statement.

When we closed down last year it was under a very different management regime and so bears absolutely no relation to ANY action by Birmingham this year. We are in the NL for exactly the same reason and again that has nothing whatsoever to do with the Birmingham statement. As for wandering about why the sport's a joke?

Probably has a lot to do with promoters trying to get around and not comply with the same rules they have had a part in making. Which is of course what Birmingham is rightfully complaining about in this case.

I for one am fed up of being taken advantage of by other clubs as they bend rules to suit there own needs why we play by the rules. Daniel Spiller allegedly being a case in point.

That's Birminghm for you. Report Somerset even though it's a friendly meeting that means nothing!

Never happened before as far as I am aware. And you are right its only a friendly. Exactly why we should not be risking riders just days before the most important match in our recent history.

• Like 5

When we closed down last year it was under a very different management regime and so bears absolutely no relation to ANY action by Birmingham this year. We are in the NL for exactly the same reason and again that has nothing whatsoever to do with the Birmingham statement. As for wandering about why the sport's a joke?

Probably has a lot to do with promoters trying to get around and not comply with the same rules they have had a part in making. Which is of course what Birmingham is rightfully complaining about in this case.

I for one am fed up of being taken advantage of by other clubs as they bend rules to suit there own needs why we play by the rules. Daniel Spiller allegedly being a case in point.

Never happened before as far as I am aware. And you are right its only a friendly. Exactly why we should not be risking riders just days before the most important match in our recent history.

Good post . The other thing is we don't know the context and if /how long similar things have been going on. Maybe it is the last straw after anumber of similar problems. Certainly there is a lot of sharp practice going on behind the scenes with certain clubs.

Spiller was within the rules, that's why he is riding. Stop bringing Eastbourne into this petty, silly in-fight

He contradicts himself though. It's important to give the lads track time that's why I'll take them out a meeting.

Yet another example, as if one was needed, of Speedway's total ineptness at getting along together - even in their own interests.

I despair.

Surely the only thing that really matters is two young British riders being denied an opportunity to ride and gain experience (and possibly earn a few quid).

Everything else is secondary but then that sums up the attitude of the authorities ,British riders are secondary every time

• Like 5

It's making a joke of the sport by simply not following procedure.

• Like 1

Surely the only thing that really matters is two young British riders being denied an opportunity to ride and gain experience (and possibly earn a few quid).

Everything else is secondary but then that sums up the attitude of the authorities ,British riders are secondary every time

And fans will be turning up tonight to see two riders who cannot ride for pathetic reasons.

If riders are self employed it has sod all to do with Birmingham where they ride.

If some people cannot see why this kind of crap is why people dont go and people not going is why Birmingham have ended up in the situation they have found themselves in the last 18 months.

And fans will be turning up tonight to see two riders who cannot ride for pathetic reasons.

If riders are self employed it has sod all to do with Birmingham where they ride.

If some people cannot see why this kind of crap is why people dont go and people not going is why Birmingham have ended up in the situation they have found themselves in the last 18 months.

But SCB, you have to ask yourself why Somerset didn't follow procedure? It can't possibly be something new to them, they have been involved in the sport a long time.

• Like 1

But SCB, you have to ask yourself why Somerset didn't follow procedure? It can't possibly be something new to them, they have been involved in the sport a long time.

Quite honestly I don't know and I don't care.

Birmingham, if they feel so strongly could simply have reported Somerset and let the young British lads ride. Why didn't they? Power trip? Worried they might be treated better at Somerset? Afraid they may get injured so Birmingham would miss out on winning something? For the life of me I cannot think of a decent reason.