British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Haza

Kings Lynn 50th Season Celibration Meeting

Am I alone amongst the Nostalgia Brigade who always looked forward to the big individual meetings?. Yes I loved my league speedway but the Internationale, Laurels, Superama and London Riders Championship...and of course all the World Championship rounds were the "icing on the cake".

Sadly nowadays the riders just don't have the commitment for individual meetings. They are used to test engines /set ups etc . I always looked forward to the Bank Holiday dash to Wimbledon for the Internationale and the POTE was the highlight of Lynn's season.

These days we have big individuals every fortnight, gps! Lol

Of course they're not the same, but they are the reason we don't have our big meetings here anymore

Keep Individual's for me ( yes even Cardiff) I was brought up on team racing anything else is of little interest. I remember going to Lynn to watch POTE, Littlechild Trophy, Supporters Trophy, they also did a Best Pairs Event. Knockout Cup, Start the season With the Spring Gold Gold, Anglian Cup, Border Trophy. Cyril certainly rammed the old fixtures in. FFS how old am I !! :D It must make me nearly as old as GRW. ;)

Nearly..... and I went to them all....Wonderful times never to be repeated. and there's people on there who say today is Better.... :t::t: