British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Haza

Kings Lynn 50th Season Celibration Meeting

As a Kings Lynn fan I'm sure all Stars fans are looking forward to this meeting the date I'm not sure of but I'm sure the final details of this meeting is now being sorted out and will be announced soon .

not sure it is going ahead now ???

Whatever happens now, it's too little too late.

Absolute travesty that nothing could be arranged. A date should have been fixed right from the off and made a big deal off. Not some half-arsed effort to squeeze something in (and failing) once they realised we were out of the playoffs.

• Like 1

I do agree A, shows that more help is needed within the club. Just read Matt Ford's piece in the Star .....

I understand the club are hoping to open the 2016 season with a 50th Anniversary Meeting, when a lot of the so called top name riders are more available to ride than they are at this time of the season.

It has been a big disappointment the way speedway has fizzled out at King's Lynn this year, particularly with all the pre-season hype about the 'Golden Year'. Much merchandise produced by various people, which resulted in fantastic sales, but now those customers must wonder why they wasted their money.

I don't know if the 'Pride of the East' was originally intended to be the big event of the year, but that of course just disappeared of the radar, without any announcement being made. Also, whatever happened to the Ashley Jones Memorial meeting that the fans used to look forward to in memory of one of our all-time favourites?

Thank goodness we've had a good National League side to fill some of the many gaps in the racing calendar, because it's been the highlight of the season for me, watching the exciting development of youngsters like Josh Bailey and Ryan Kinsley.

• Like 2

but the general concensus is that supporters won't go to individual meetings, and that's 3 that have been mentioned, 50th Anniversary, Ashley Jones, Pride of the East, so the management are on a loser whatever

but the general concensus is that supporters won't go to individual meetings, and that's 3 that have been mentioned, 50th Anniversary, Ashley Jones, Pride of the East, so the management are on a loser whatever

People WILL go to individual meetings IF the quality of riders is attractive enough. That though, requires promoters hands being put deep into pockets to find the necessary money to attract those riders and could possibly be why none of these events have taken place!!!.......

I Understand there are one or two who attend the Grand Prix at Cardiff every year Honie. :wink:

Edited by semion

I Understand there are one or two who attend the Grand Prix at Cardiff every year Honie. :wink:

Yeah and that is all some of them attend!!! Tch!

personally I don't mind individual meetings .. all I get the hump with is having semi finals and final, I still like the 20 heat formula where the top scorer wins that way it's not all down to having the best gate in a final

• Like 1

Keep Individual's for me ( yes even Cardiff) I was brought up on team racing anything else is of little interest. I remember going to Lynn to watch POTE, Littlechild Trophy, Supporters Trophy, they also did a Best Pairs Event. Knockout Cup, Start the season With the Spring Gold Gold, Anglian Cup, Border Trophy. Cyril certainly rammed the old fixtures in. FFS how old am I !! :D It must make me nearly as old as GRW. ;)

From a mischevious Witches fan point of view perhaps they just looked back over the 50 years and decided there wasnt much to celebrate!! Wink

Just kidding!!

Am I alone amongst the Nostalgia Brigade who always looked forward to the big individual meetings?. Yes I loved my league speedway but the Internationale, Laurels, Superama and London Riders Championship...and of course all the World Championship rounds were the "icing on the cake".