British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Plymouth Devils ( P L) - Friday, September 11th (7.30pm)

Devils kicking on looking good for all 4 big big points

Made this comment and the scorpions get 4x 5-1s .......sorry devils fans :(

Not tonight for the Devils, 2 reserves aren't worth a light away from home sadly .

What a complete gubbing

Phew!!!

• Like 1

Following on updates was great. Hard to believe a meeting you cant see and doesn't even involve your own side can be so entertaining!! :t:

Leigh Lanham - Witches rider of the year.... ;):P

• Like 2

Following on updates was great. Hard to believe a meeting you cant see and doesn't even involve your own side can be so entertaining!! :t:

Too right - the Witches don't have a match tonight and they're still doing better than the Town!

• Like 1

Too late, already voted for Nico.

How many Ipswich suporters will be at Rye, to see fair play ?

I went to the meeting not particularly bothered on the outcome of the match... win and great, always good to see your team win...lose, Ipswich made to suffer, I could've settled for that following what happened earlier in the season. As it turned out, was a fine meeting, very entertaining and a good win for Scunny ... i'll take that, given the antics and sore loser syndrome as witnessed from the Plymouth lot tonight!

Good all round effort from Scunny, it was looking all over after 4 heats...then BANG...Have it! :-) Devils crumbled, Devils Lost it, Devils Cried....

That said...still hope Plymouth go to Rye and get the 4 pointer they require.

A fine meeting to end a mediocre, injury plagued season (worst in my living memory).... We've seen some fantastic racing this year though, absolutely top drawer...hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll be back for more next year.

A good way to end the season for the Scorpions. A meeting with some cracking racing in between some follow my leader stuff. Newman and Davies going shoulder to shoulder for four laps in Heat Six was a highlight. The Devils gave it their all tonight but just didn't have enough to really threaten the win.

Some positive noises from Rob that they will return to the PL next season, so fingers crossed.

Why did Scunthorpe ride a N L guest last night in place of Pijper and tonight a P L guest something not right

scunny didnt use a NL guest, we used a MDL rider as rob rang about 20 odd riders but only 1 agreed to ride, rob decided he would probably score zero and plumpted for our own rider, plymouth is a long way away and i dont think riders want to go only to score 1 or 2 points, you cant really blame them for that whilst scunny is more central and makes more sense to use a rider from sheffield, especially if they havent got a meeting.

theo was given a 28 day ban for riding in fridays practice and as rules state you are allowed a facility.he had a sicknote for thursday so you are allowed a facility, hes banned for sunday and again are allowed a facility,

scunny didnt use a NL guest, we used a MDL rider as rob rang about 20 odd riders but only 1 agreed to ride, rob decided he would probably score zero and plumpted for our own rider, plymouth is a long way away and i dont think riders want to go only to score 1 or 2 points, you cant really blame them for that whilst scunny is more central and makes more sense to use a rider from sheffield, especially if they havent got a meeting.

theo was given a 28 day ban for riding in fridays practice and as rules state you are allowed a facility.he had a sicknote for thursday so you are allowed a facility, hes banned for sunday and again are allowed a facility,

Why ring a rider, get a positive answer and then decide not to use him because he would probably score zero???
  • Like 2

Well done scunny on the win!So theo didnt have a sicknote rob godfrey went public and said he wasnt fit due to a handshaking incident,if you believe that you are stupid godfrey expected you to,guess what no one from plymouth believed him and we were right,now hes got theo to take the blame and a ban we just makes it look worse absolutely disgraceful way to behave especially for someone on the mc sends out all the wrong signals imo did he think he would getaway with it because of his position on the top table? How would he behaved if someone tried to pull a stroke like that,sit on the track dig it up he whinges like a baby when anything dubious goes against him i,e the tungate,david howe incidents etc , he has also been whinging about crowd levels and then sends an understength side to plymouth short changing the paying public should be fined for putting out an understrength side the blokes a complete arse, Lucifer sam you are no better than him you obviously knew what was going on !!

Good luck to theo today hope he does well and makes godfrey look even more of a cock,helluva strain on your shoulder riding longtrack i would think!

Edited by lewy
  • Like 2