British Speedway Forum
Red Panda

Coventry V Poole Elsf 1

Shame for the Bees they fell at the final hurdle after looking so solid for most of the season. . They probably peaked a bit too early but in the end it was probably the injuries that finished them off. What makes it difficult now is that of all the teams in the EL Coventry had a team that almost by chance gelled particularly well and probably brought the best out of each other until it all unravelled towards the end of the season. What now makes it difficult is that this side will probably be broken up and it will not be easy to put together another side that has the X factor that makes riders fit together in quite the same way. Tough on the bees but it's in the nature of the sport.

We have had injuries to Every one of our 1-7 in the end part of the season so think it was more that than bees peaking too soon.

There is no reason really why this team would need to be pulled apart as still under the point limit

Edited by mdmc82

There is no reason really why this team would need to be pulled apart as still under the point limit

Maybe are right but no doubt Garrity will go the 1-5 which will change things, and sometimes riders just move on anyway.. It looks like Robbo's EL days are over and maybe questionable whether Howarth gets another bite of the cherry. Depending on what comes out of the AGM Danny might have to choose between EL and PL as he has had his second year of doubling up. The other thing is sometimes when a team have a good season it just doesn't happen for them the same way the following year. Kings Lyn are a classic example of this. for a variety of reasons they have not seemed the same formidable side as last year. It would be good if the Bees can raise themselves again next year because I think they have probably been the most entertaining visiting team I have seen this year,

G

Although I have always been a big fan of Hans and always will be, it remains to be seen whether this year is just a blip or whether the years and catching him up. .

Edited by E I Addio

It's a pity Mick couldn't run to getting a big screen in out of the extra £2 admission... or even run to a shovel and bucket to clear the quagmire up outside the pits. But perhaps I'm asking too much for £20

It's a pity Mick couldn't run to getting a big screen in out of the extra £2 admission... or even run to a shovel and bucket to clear the quagmire up outside the pits. But perhaps I'm asking too much for £20

Why do we need a big screen?

I imagine the extra £2 each will go towards making up a little towards the money he lost in the rain effected meeting

Edited by mdmc82

A big screen for what ? ..the idea of charging a extra £2 was to make money in a sport when most the time you lose it .

Why do we need a big screen?

I imagine the extra £2 each will go towards making up a little towards the money he lost in the rain effected meeting

And paying the fine!!

well if swindon can go to poole and get a draw against a full strength pirates side without darcy ward , im sure coventry can go there and cause an upset.....

Jesus wept! :rolleyes:

The idea of the big screen is for you to able to watch the two semis back to back..What did you want a picture of, an empty stadium?

Coventry Speedway ( Mick Horton and Co) rent from the Landlord ( Sandhu)..It's the landlords responsibility to maintain the stadium!

• Like 1

A big screen to watch replays while waiting for sky to allow the riders out for the next race. Made it a lot more interesting at Belle Vue on Monday... and they managed to hold their prices

well if swindon can go to poole and get a draw against a full strength pirates side without darcy ward , im sure coventry can go there and cause an upset.....

Poole also beat Swindon at full strength with Ward easily not long ago. Unpredictable but Poole are usually very strong at home.

I would feel more confident with a full injury free team

A big screen to watch replays while waiting for sky to allow the riders out for the next race. Made it a lot more interesting at Belle Vue on Monday... and they managed to hold their prices

The riders came out quite quickly after each heat apart from when there was a crash so pointless really Edited by mdmc82

You needed to have your interest held? :rofl:

During the long silences... Yes

went with cheap option Howarth has been rubbish since he signed

As with the Kylmakorpi situation no one wanted the spot.

Jesus wept! :rolleyes:

The idea of the big screen is for you to able to watch the two semis back to back..What did you want a picture of, an empty stadium?

Coventry Speedway ( Mick Horton and Co) rent from the Landlord ( Sandhu)..It's the landlords responsibility to maintain the stadium!

TBF it would have taken 15 minutes for someone with a brush to brush the puddles away from around the back of the pits that gets very dark by 10pm.

As for watching replays between heats, things must have generally progressed at a reasonable pace. My easily voted 6yo niece didbt complain she was bored. In fact she once again loved her night at the speedway. So someone must be doing something right. Mind you she was entertained by silver bees stropping and ranting when things went wrong :D

Edited by SCB