British Speedway Forum
Red Panda

Coventry V Poole Elsf 1

Reports on Facebook and Twitter of a suspected broken ankle for Garrity 😭

Fingers crossed we hear different after his X-rays 🙏🙏

I see Gavan is calling people names again! Some things never change..

He just can't help it. He's like the Goverment, gives something in one hand the takes it away in another.. He would dearly Love to see us get beat.

#Piratepride

DW

Can we get a better guest for Monday please

Very frustrating as we know Joonas would have scored more than 3 at home esp when he has been hitting double figures most meetings.

Sad to see the decline in Freddie but nothing fast about him.

Both Freddie & Walasek have scored badly this year at Poole.

Lawson or Thorsell have been better.

Personally I think using Lindgren in his current form is a bigger risk than using RR as our own riders should score more than him at Poole.

Well... really enjoyed that 1st leg. That's how speedway meetings should be every week. Riders giving their all, the scores going one way then the other, a big crowd generating exciting atmosphere. reminds me of the good ole days.. . :t:

Some riders didn't score the points they would have like, but you couldn't fault their effort. North will never ride harder and not score. Brilliant effort. Although most races were won from the gate, the meeting had these special races scattered amongst them to keep everyone happy. Garrity's ride in ht 5 was epic. Most of the riders played their part, non more so than Hans Andersen. Rubbished on many occasions by Bee's fans this year, he came to the table when it mattered. A truly majestic performance that has kept Coventry in the match.

Poole are still favourites to go through. but after this tight finish of the 1st leg, it wont be as plain sailing as they would have liked.

• Like 2

Id have settled for a small lead but after heat 13 to get a draw would give the team a big boost. How poor was Kyle and Freddie? Both riders low on confidence. Need a different guest for the 2nd leg, options are limited. I wouldn't go R/R as Kyle is riding poorly at present.

Good meeting overall some decent passing especially early on and we still have an outside chance.

I know options are limited but I would prefer Richard Lawson.

I think most Cov fans would prefer Nigella Lawson to slow Fred at the moment...

• Like 5

Id have settled for a small lead but after heat 13 to get a draw would give the team a big boost. How poor was Kyle and Freddie? Both riders low on confidence. Need a different guest for the 2nd leg, options are limited. I wouldn't go R/R as Kyle is riding poorly at present.

Good meeting overall some decent passing especially early on and we still have an outside chance.

Give the team a boost? Are you a spin doctor? An uphill task next week - but it's not over until it's over.

Great meeting last night - Bees pulled out an ulikely draw at the end with two staggering 5-1s from King and Andersen - brilliant stiuff although Pirates now go into the second leg with the advantage I feel.

Sensational stuff from Hans Andersen ! I think that's why some fans ( including myself at times ) have been critical because we know he is a class act and can do that !!

Battling performances from all the Bees including guest Freddie Lindgren although he looked slow all night - had to fight tooth and nail; against Dakota North for a point for 2 and a half laps - not the Freddie of old I am afraid ! Let's hope he does better in the return leg. As for Jason Garrity - true grit and determination - been learning off Bomber I reckon !

Pirates - Magic looked fantastic apart from Ht 15, Dakota North weak link although tried hard,very impressed with Newman at reserve and Davey Watt did his job and more imo. Holder did well alsoas did a surprising Kcper Gomolski!

Onwards and upwards as they say ! Well done Bees !

Give the team a boost? Are you a spin doctor? An uphill task next week - but it's not over until it's over.

Without them two 5-1s it would've been over so of course it'll give them a boost. It certainly gave us fans something to cling onto. We've won there before we have to do it again.

Good meeting full on and exciting with some good passes. Is Danny King the new man of steel, poole suffered with the re-runs and Harris could of been excluded for taking out garrity but overall a fair result. We should complete the jib at home but as i have said before North will cost us the title

• Like 1

The Bees would probably have been better using Thorsell rather than Fred.

If he was considered for the second leg,seem to remember he has won a few races at Poole.

R/R still the best option,but not if Garrity is ruled out.

it made a change to be at a proper meeting and for once no off track moaning!

better result than expected, lost my money in the sweepstake in the bar!

just shows that a team full of gaters will always win over racers, just like the GP really

• Like 2

I think a fair result in the end both teams had there weak links, I think DAK and Starke will go better around Wimborne Road on Monday altho heard its going to be moved to Wednesday but that is TBC.

Only thing that disappointed me last night was Havelock not making a prat out of himself I look forward to it when Coventry are on Sky now for that particular reason.