British Speedway Forum
Red Panda

Coventry V Poole Elsf 1

I think a fair result in the end both teams had there weak links, I think DAK and Starke will go better around Wimborne Road on Monday altho heard its going to be moved to Wednesday but that is TBC.

Only thing that disappointed me last night was Havelock not making a prat out of himself I look forward to it when Coventry are on Sky now for that particular reason.

I dare say it will only move to Wednesday if it rains..............

RP

Referees seem to be overlooking or not noticing Hans Andersen's creeping starts. He is always slightly moving before the tapes go up.

• Like 1

I think there's becoming too much of an obsession about whether or not people are moving at the starts.

Races get pulled back so often. Even when they aren't there is often discussion about whether or not they should have been.

Blatant moving then, sure, bring it back. Exclude riders who touch the tapes. But these are guys on motor bikes with clutches poised. They might creep a bit.

Good meeting last night. You could see the passion in the sides and I'm sure the eventual winners will come from this tie.

Disappointing to see Coventry get 2 5-1s at the end as I was looking forward to the humiliation of the fans from said club who mocked Swindon's rubbish semi.

Oh well, there's always next week.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

Janowski too getting away with it !!

Yes and when he didn't he wasn't so good from the back

I do agree with Tatum. It's a shame these two teams have met in the semi instead of final as best two teams in the league and now one won't be in it.

I think whoever wins at Wimborne Road on Monday have to be favourites to win the title (Poole look most likely esp if Garrity is out)

Last nights semi was by far the best of the two first legs.

Edited by mdmc82

Janowski too getting away with it !!

You convieniently forget about the riders from your side that were also edging and rolling. But lets not get away from a good argument about anything Poole..

I do agree with Tatum. It's a shame these two teams have met in the semi instead of final as best two teams in the league and now one won't be in it.

I think whoever wins at Wimborne Road on Monday have to be favourites to win the title (Poole look most likely esp if Garrity is out)

Last nights semi was by far the best of the two first legs.

It was, and i expected nothing less.

You convieniently forget about the riders from your side that were also edging and rolling. But lets not get away from a good argument about anything Poole..

It was, and i expected nothing less.

Well Kennt didnt forget about it, as said Janowski too getting away with it, meaning Hans and Janowski both doing it, so not everyone is against Poole.

• Like 1

Well Kennt didnt forget about it, as said Janowski too getting away with it, meaning Hans and Janowski both doing it, so not everyone is against Poole.

No, and quite right to. And i expect you will see more of it on Monday. {weather permitting} In the old days you could roll, and i see no reason providing you don't touch the tapes why you still cannot do it. If you penalise yourself then you only have yourself to blame.

I agree, within reason, I mean you can do stupid rollers and really gain an advantage, but till the rules comes in that you can roll, eveyrone should be sat still.

• Like 1

I agree, within reason, I mean you can do stupid rollers and really gain an advantage, but till the rules comes in that you can roll, eveyrone should be sat still.

They should, and if they don't the REF should warn them then fine them. Say £100 a time. Even the big boys would soon think twice about doing it.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Think I deserve the most credit for predicting the score

Do you want a medal? ;)

Edited by Panthers89

Think I deserve the most credit for predicting the score

You already gave yourself a pat on the back a couple of pages ago, stop milking it :neutral:

You already gave yourself a pat on the back a couple of pages ago, stop milking it :neutral:

I think you need to lighten up! Game on, what's your prediction for the result of the second leg? ;)