Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2016

I don't rate Thorssell - but rate Barker even less.

I wouldn't want either of them in my team for next year but of the two I would prefer Thorssell.

Wolfie

It depends in what way you're rating them. As a future GP rider, Thorsell stands a chance, Ben none at all. As a rider who will put 1.5 points on their average then it's Ben for me.

It depends in what way you're rating them. As a future GP rider, Thorsell stands a chance, Ben none at all. As a rider who will put 1.5 points on their average then it's Ben for me.

Ben has a lower starting average that's true but doubt there would be much difference come end of 2016 so the opinion then becomes subjective.

Ben has a lower starting average that's true but doubt there would be much difference come end of 2016 so the opinion then becomes subjective.

If they're going to end on a similar average then it absolutely isn't subjective. Barker is the better choice.

Regardless of what average they finish on, be it 3, 6 or 9, if they both finish the same then Barker is better value as he start off lower.

• Like 2

Exactly. A rider who doesn't like rushing from GB on a Saturday to Poland on a Sunday is not going to be wanting to do Poland, GB and Sweden in 3 days! He's also not going to want to do Sweden and GB in two days so a Wednesday is unlikely too. Leaves Thursday and Fridays.

Doyle himself said midweek. Midweek is Weds, possibly Thurs but definitely not Friday :)

Think if Poole wanted him to ride on a Wednesday he would do so.

Depends on what Holders plans are.But wouldnt rule him out(or anyone tbh)to end up in Dorset.

Doyle will not be riding for Poole! If Poole wanted him, they prob get a 2 word answer back ;)

Doyle himself said midweek. Midweek is Weds, possibly Thurs but definitely not Friday :)

Doyle will not be riding for Poole! If Poole wanted him, they prob get a 2 word answer back ;)

Saturday and Sunday are the weekEND that makes Monday and Tuesday the start. Leaving Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

If they're going to end on a similar average then it absolutely isn't subjective. Barker is the better choice.

Regardless of what average they finish on, be it 3, 6 or 9, if they both finish the same then Barker is better value as he start off lower.

And if both become heat leaders they will both struggle.

The only sense it might make would be for team building with Barker on the lower average.

However both a second strings are decent bets.

Saturday and Sunday are the weekEND that makes Monday and Tuesday the start. Leaving Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Friday can be the start of the weekend cos to some people Sunday is the beginning of the week. :D
  • Like 1

Friday can be the start of the weekend cos to some people Sunday is the beginning of the week. :D

Oi, no! Let me believe for a little while longer there at least some change Jason is going to sign for Coventry! Stop ruining this for me :P

Oi, no! Let me believe for a little while longer there at least some change Jason is going to sign for Coventry! Stop ruining this for me :P

:D :D

Ah yes, I forgot that he is one of your faves! ;)

Of course he is going to ride for Coventry, who wouldn't want to do that?! :D

Better? :)

Some riders are quite happy doing Poland Britain and Sweden in consecutive days so it gives them a break for a few days but some would rather do Sunday Tuesday and Thursday which is a more relaxed set up.

Wolves are certainly in need of a big scorer like Doyle as the assets they have are no higher than 6.18 and really you would only say Lindgren on 6.11 is worth considering as a bargain and capable of improving.

They also need a good reserve and that would mean another new face unless they are confident in a reserve pairing like Bates and Morris.

Kylmakorpi was nearly signed in 2015 and after a decent season he could be joining his best friend at Monmore Green as back up to someone like Doyle or even Batchelor who could be available.

Be interesting to see how many GP riders are here next season.

steve brumlogic. thinks they will end in roughly same average but would rather have the one on nearly 1.5 higher starting averagr because he rates him higher.

seems lots of primoters use the same logic, which is why poole end up with tge best team year sfter yrar

• Like 1

It doesn't matter. If you can sign Thorsell on 6 or Barker on 5, whos the better signing? Thorsell is in reality only a 5 point man whos been inflated by riding in an easier position. Barker is a proven 6.5 man riding in the old format. If there are other riders available who are better, on a lower average then that makes Thorsell a terrible signing. Personally, I'd be signing my second strings from the PL on converted averages or someone who had raced as many of their 20 meetings as a heat leader as possible.

This is correct and a fact of the system. The current format has most in 1-5 averaging 7.5 - 5.5. Therefore, signing PL riders on a converted average of 4.5-5 essentially gaurentees improvement.

steve brumlogic. thinks they will end in roughly same average but would rather have the one on nearly 1.5 higher starting averagr because he rates him higher.

seems lots of primoters use the same logic, which is why poole end up with tge best team year sfter yrar

The rider on the lower average if both are equal is the way to go as you have more points for other options.

Its time for Wolves to get away from their loyalty strategy and completely roll the dice. Even if means up to 7 new faces!

Some riders are quite happy doing Poland Britain and Sweden in consecutive days so it gives them a break for a few days but some would rather do Sunday Tuesday and Thursday which is a more relaxed set up.

Wolves are certainly in need of a big scorer like Doyle as the assets they have are no higher than 6.18 and really you would only say Lindgren on 6.11 is worth considering as a bargain and capable of improving.

They also need a good reserve and that would mean another new face unless they are confident in a reserve pairing like Bates and Morris.

Kylmakorpi was nearly signed in 2015 and after a decent season he could be joining his best friend at Monmore Green as back up to someone like Doyle or even Batchelor who could be available.

Be interesting to see how many GP riders are here next season.

Whats happening with Ricky Wells,(doubling up)hes on a decent 5.91.

Cant see the promotion discarding both Wells and Thorsell.

Fantasy speedway perhaps but this team fits!

1 Jason Doyle 9.44
2 Troy Batchelor 6.91
3 Fredrik Lindgren 6.11
4 Ricky Wells 5.91
5 Thomas H Jonasson 5.69
6 Josh Bates 3.35
7 Ashley Morris 3.00
Total: 40.41
  • Like 1

Sunday is surely the start of the week?