Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2016

Does that mean Cradley are likely to start on Monday 28th, as Wolves are Tuesday 29th? I think the plan was for both teams to have home meetings on Easter Bank Holiday

We will find out when the NL release there fixtures I guess.

CVS said it would give Wolves the May and August Bank holidays which as senior club it rightly should have.

At least the away meetings seem quite well spaced out, but it does make quite depressing reading seeing so few fixtures on there.

Wolfie

add the cradley Mondays to the list as well . fills the diary up a bit. :t:

add the cradley Mondays to the list as well . fills the diary up a bit. :t:

The majority of Wolves fans have no interest in watching Cradley, and why would we?

• Like 6

The majority of Wolves fans have no interest in watching Cradley, and why would we?

because its still speedway at wolves on a monday !! also ASH riding for cradley as well as being a wolves asset and max riding for both wolves and cradley.

Until the fixtures were announced the official site was advertising Monday 28th then alternate Mondays & the cuckoos on Tuesday 29th then alternate Mondays , now the fixtures are out and hey-ho we are riding on the Tuesday why?

CYWf7omWQAA9r7p.jpg

Until the fixtures were announced the official site was advertising Monday 28th then alternate Mondays & the cuckoos on Tuesday 29th then alternate Mondays , now the fixtures are out and hey-ho we are riding on the Tuesday why?

CYWf7omWQAA9r7p.jpg

CVS said at the talk-in that it all depended on the Polish fixtures, if they were riding on the bank holiday Monday, then Wolves would ride on the Tuesday. No

Polish fixtures and it would have been the other way round Wolves Monday, Spoons Tuesday.

• Like 2

because its still speedway at wolves on a monday !! also ASH riding for cradley as well as being a wolves asset and max riding for both wolves and cradley.

It used to be speedway at Monmore on a Tuesday with Cradley that meant nothing to most Wolves fans.

Nothing has changed.

No doubt CVS is hoping those who want a weekly fix of Speedway will do every Monday. Most Wolves fans won't.

In the reverse I can't see many Cradley fans going to the Wolves matches either.

It's the same reason I don't travel to Workington to watch Ricky Wells - not my team so not interested.

Plus I watch enough NL working at Birmingham. I have no interest to watch Cradley as well.

• Like 4

I think on Spoons Monday I would prefer to be in the pub with my mates.

When Cradley were open I only went for Wolves fixtures and no other, ever, and I 've been a Wolves fan since 1967! I never gave the Spoons an extra penny of my

money then, and I won't now.

• Like 6

It's the same reason I don't travel to Workington to watch Ricky Wells - not my team so not interested.

And there was me thinking it was the 420-mile round trip..

• Like 1

And there was me thinking it was the 420-mile round trip..

Like distance stops some from travelling wide to support the sport..

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how the fixtures work together if there are rain offs as many Wolves fans won't want to or be able to go on any other night than a Monday and fitting in these could be to much lower crowds.

There are a few weeks of consecutive matches in the fixtures so at times Cradley won't have a home match for 3 weeks and if rained off this could be a month. Think this would have been better if they could have held the Cradley fixtures on a Sunday and Monday just for Wolves and on alternative weeks.

Poland are starting their league in April it looks like so the Bank Holiday Monday may be other meetings there ?

They are going to do better than wolves!!! I would go and see the Heathens over the wolves. If the signing list and averages are right on the forum the team is shocking.