British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2016

Adams stated when doing the make up of side during the winter,that he wanted Clegg to be part of the plans.

He seems to rate Max higher than he does of one of our own assets.Cant see that myself,because Ash Morris probably deserved his place after some decent performances for Lynn last year.

Regards Ellis,it may have something to do with us picking Kyle Howarth on a fairly high average as our tier 1 reserve.Kyle came to us on his EL average,so not sure how much we had to play with for the 2 tier FTR.

Ok cheers.

Adams stated when doing the make up of side during the winter,that he wanted Clegg to be part of the plans.

He seems to rate Max higher than he does of one of our own assets.Cant see that myself,because Ash Morris probably deserved his place after some decent performances for Lynn last year.

Regards Ellis,it may have something to do with us picking Kyle Howarth on a fairly high average as our tier 1 reserve.Kyle came to us on his EL average,so not sure how much we had to play with for the 2 tier FTR.

Don't forget Adams said exactly the same the previous season about Josh Bates and gifted Paul Starke to Poole. Once is human, twice is downright carelessness.

• Like 2

Yep, there is a doubt about whether PK could still do it, especially as every year goes by. The question is would he be scoring more than Bech? We know the latter is struggling, I can't believe PK wouldn't do better.

11 from 5 last night for PK and the opposition was at least EL standard !!!

Now hes in Woffy,s corner at the GP,s,and a little whisper in the ear,would he to want the hassle of the Elite League.

However his other four scores in league matches this year have been pretty undistinguished:

6 & 3 in the Elitserien

8 in the Allsvenskan

4 in the Bundesliga

• Like 1

However his other four scores in league matches this year have been pretty undistinguished:

6 & 3 in the Elitserien

8 in the Allsvenskan

4 in the Bundesliga

Certainly adds context instead of selecting one good score!

Certainly adds context instead of selecting one good score!

3+1, 6, 7+1, 5, 4+2, 1+1.

We should be comparing them against these ;)

(For the sake of balance I've ignored the highest score :P )

• Like 2

Don't forget Adams said exactly the same the previous season about Josh Bates and gifted Paul Starke to Poole. Once is human, twice is downright carelessness.

i smell a rat,

there seems to be something going on between adams , cook and ford :lol:

3+1, 6, 7+1, 5, 4+2, 1+1.

We should be comparing them against these ;)

(For the sake of balance I've ignored the highest score :P )

6+2. Should be having a ball at reserve. When's he go back into the 1-5? I've given up trying to work it out :D

Edited by Wolfsbane

How much longer are Wolves going to stick by Bech he is awful?

I wouldn't say awful.

Been somewhat disappointing, but not awful. Old school average of 6.40.

• Like 1

How much longer are Wolves going to stick by Bech he is awful?

He seems to have lost all confidence.

Last night's performance was very poor - he looked like he had never ridden the track that had been his home track for 2 seasons.

I think the clock is ticking.

Wolfie

I expected more from Bech last night, however, looking back, it's not all that surprising he didn't score more. The only Lakeside riders he actually lost to were Kennett, Bridger and Jonsson and they had the beating of pretty much the entire Wolves team as it was.

In his one race against Lawson and Nilsson he got a 5-1 with Lindgren.

The anomaly of Bridger being at reserve made things look much worse than they were.

I expected more from Bech last night, however, looking back, it's not all that surprising he didn't score more. The only Lakeside riders he actually lost to were Kennett, Bridger and Jonsson and they had the beating of pretty much the entire Wolves team as it was.

In his one race against Lawson and Nilsson he got a 5-1 with Lindgren.

The anomaly of Bridger being at reserve made things look much worse than they were.

From a rider who was quoted at the start of the season as saying he wanted to be Wolves' Number One you would expect him to beat Kennett and Bridger with his previous experience of the track.

It was very disappointing the ease with which they passed him - he was either too slow or hadn't learnt a thing about the track craft in his two years there.

Wolfie

• Like 1

From a rider who was quoted at the start of the season as saying he wanted to be Wolves' Number One you would expect him to beat Kennett and Bridger with his previous experience of the track.

It was very disappointing the ease with which they passed him - he was either too slow or hadn't learnt a thing about the track craft in his two years there.

Wolfie

I'm not denying that.. but they were beating and passing most of the others on the Wolves team with ease also.

The line being used last night I don't think Bech has every really rode, he was always more of an inside man, rather like how Kim Nilsson tends to ride the track. His final ride he did ride very well, but as you say, more would have been expected.

Edited by BWitcher

You would have thought with the track knowledge the riders have leanrt riding Monmore,they would have adapted more easily to finding lines at Lakeside.

But that certainly wasn't the case in most of the rides from Masters,Howarth,Thorssell and Bech.Seemed all at sea most of the time.There is an excuse for Masters if he had never been there before,but you cant excuse Bech,who should know the place like the back of his hand having done hundreds of laps at Purfleet.

Impressed with young Max,s effort,think he deserved an extra ride in place of Bech,s 4th outing.Seems to have gained more confidence in the last few weeks.

Wasn't expecting much from last night,but probably be a little bit closer tonight at Lynn,even though both sides are under strength.