British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

I would think Mondays and Wednesdays would suit better.Thursdays you have Sheffield,Ipswich and Redcar riding at home,plus the Swedish second division.Some of the riders currently riding over here ride in that league.

Mondays won't work

You completely (conveniently?) missed the point of my post - COSTS!

No, Not at all .. Your point about costs, are because you're assuming that every club would HAVE pay out more to attract top riders. My point is to organise the sport to comply with other countries and other leagues. and that isn't going to cost ANYMORE than it does now. . All we need is to organise the sport as a body, not a tin-pot organisation governed by specific people and certain clubs with their short-sighted demands.

We could have the EL on say Wed and Thurs, We could have PL on Fri ,Sat and Sun, leaving NL for Mon and Tuesdays. That way we could fit in with other countries running their top leagues on specific days, we would also free up clashes when EL riders double up with their PL clubs, we would free up opportunity when the NL clash with PL.

A bit of organisation that hasn't cost a penny, but it would be so much better for all concerned. The riders, the fans , the clubs, everyone would benefit . They're going to be people saying, yeah but we can only race on certain days, but that's no problem, cause all days are accounted for. If Wolves say we can on only race on Mondays, then they complete in the NL. Sheffield might say we always race on Thursdays, that's also good, cause they could compete in the EL. There is no reason why this cant be done, all it needs it someone to stand up for the sport and not for themselves......

Surely the sport is more important than any club.....

Edited by GRW123

No, Not at all .. Your point about costs, are because you're assuming that every club would HAVE pay out more to attract top riders. My point is to organise the sport to comply with other countries and other leagues. and that isn't going to cost ANYMORE than it does now. . All we need is to organise the sport as a body, not a tin-pot organisation governed by specific people and certain clubs with their short-sighted demands.

We could have the EL on say Wed and Thurs, We could have PL on Fri ,Sat and Sun, leaving NL for Mon and Tuesdays. That way we could fit in with other countries running their top leagues on specific days, we would also free up clashes when EL riders double up with their PL clubs, we would free up opportunity when the NL clash with PL.

A bit of organisation that hasn't cost a penny, but it would be so much better for all concerned. The riders, the fans , the clubs, everyone would benefit . They're going to be people saying, yeah but we can only race on certain days, but that's no problem, cause all days are accounted for. If Wolves say we can on only race on Mondays, then they complete in the NL. Sheffield might say we always race on Thursdays, that's also good, cause they could compete in the EL. There is no reason why this cant be done, all it needs it someone to stand up for the sport and not for themselves......

Not in Dorset, I'm sorry to say.

Mondays won't work

Monday is SKY night so of course it would work.

It's worked for 15 years so far.

• Like 1

Too many riders don't want to race here on a Monday because of racing in Poland on Sunday and Sweden on Tuesday. Both Belle Vue and Wolverhampton have said so in the past. Monday is out if you want the top riders back and fixed nights for the EL.

Personally, I'm not convinced the top riders will return until we can match the money offered abroad or, until that money dries up. I can see that initially some top riders might increase crowds but the novelty soon wears off. If they were the answer than crowds would not have dropped so dramatically in the 90's and 2000'S before they disappeared.

The answer to survival is more likely to be found in a properly governed sport with more professional presentation,fewer guest riders ,a properly organised fixture list and riders that develop and stay with a team for more than one season.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Monday is SKY night so of course it would work.

It's worked for 15 years so far.

Ask any top rider especially Tai. They do not want to do GP Sat, POL Sun, GB Mon and SWE Tue. Most dont want 4 meetings in 4 days in possibly 4 different countries. Edited by woz01

Not in Dorset, I'm sorry to say.

Was waiting for this comment and it only took 7 mins!! :D

Was waiting for this comment and it only took 7 mins!! :D

That's because it didn't take much working out :D

Where were you waiting incidentally? My post has been on here for 2.5 hours :D

Edited by Dave Jones

That's because it didn't take much working out :D

Could have given us a bit more suspense ;):D

Could have given us a bit more suspense ;):D

If something needs to be said, say it. That's my motto :D

Troy Batchelor would be a good signing for Lynn, should improve his average as he is quality around your track.

No thanks :o

Ask any top rider especially Tai. They do not want to do GP Sat, POL Sun, GB Mon and SWE Tue. Most dont want 4 meetings in 4 days in possibly 4 different countries.

They maybe don't. However they want same night racing in EL so it's still a possible. Given they would get Wednesdays and Thursdays off.

Fully agreed. It was an awful year!

yeah it was awful for me too- having to put up with Rickardsson Gollob Louis Nicholls and all those trophies!! lol

Heard this morning that 6 man teams are being proposed to help tackle the rider shortage.

Could be an interesting AGM ahead.

Too many riders don't want to race here on a Monday because of racing in Poland on Sunday and Sweden on Tuesday. Both Belle Vue and Wolverhampton have said so in the past. Monday is out if you want the top riders back and fixed nights for the EL.

Personally, I'm not convinced the top riders will return until we can match the money offered abroad or, until that money dries up. I can see that initially some top riders might increase crowds but the novelty soon wears off. If they were the answer than crowds would not have dropped so dramatically in the 90's and 2000'S before they disappeared.

The answer to survival is more likely to be found in a properly governed sport with more professional presentation,fewer guest riders ,a properly organised fixture list and riders that develop and stay with a team for more than one season.

A lot of good points you make above. In my first comment I highlighted the need to race leagues on specific days, not with the sole intention of getting some top riders over here, but to bring some organisation into our sport in this country. The number of times teams come to the AFA with a rider missing is beyond a joke, Usually the result of double uppers riding for their main club. Using R/R to cover the gap means a slower meeting when a rider will need more rest between races. Nothing peeves me off more than slow, stop and start meeting. That just one instance. There are not enough riders to fulfil all our league places so doubling up is inevitable. Lets have more control of this situation by setting certain racing days for each leagues...

Agree about the top riders not wanting to race here, but it would be good if they could see we are trying to help them in their quest to organise their years work ahead.. Instead of shutting the door one or two like Nicki Pedersen might say why not.

The sport has to be organised better and meetings need to be run more professionally , then the crowd might start to come back...