British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

A lot of good points you make above. In my first comment I highlighted the need to race leagues on specific days, not with the sole intention of getting some top riders over here, but to bring some organisation into our sport in this country. The number of times teams come to the AFA with a rider missing is beyond a joke, Usually the result of double uppers riding for their main club. Using R/R to cover the gap means a slower meeting when a rider will need more rest between races. Nothing peeves me off more than slow, stop and start meeting. That just one instance. There are not enough riders to fulfil all our league places so doubling up is inevitable. Lets have more control of this situation by setting certain racing days for each leagues...

Agree about the top riders not wanting to race here, but it would be good if they could see we are trying to help them in their quest to organise their years work ahead.. Instead of shutting the door one or two like Nicki Pedersen might say why not.

The sport has to be organised better and meetings need to be run more professionally , then the crowd might start to come back...

Don't get that excuse really.95% of the time Lynn ride at home on a Wednesday and no PL club ride on a Wednesday.So double uppers should be available to ride EL on a Wednesday.

Yes teams came to the AFA with rider/s missing at times,but I cant think of any that turned up without a d/upper because he was riding PL.Most occasions the riders missing were actually injured at the time.

Edited by tellboy

Don't get that excuse really.95% of the time Lynn ride at home on a Wednesday and no PL club ride on a Wednesday.So double uppers should be available to ride EL on a Wednesday.

Yes teams came to the AFA with rider/s missing at times,but I cant think of any that turned up without a d/upper because he was riding PL.Most occasions the riders missing were actually injured at the time.

You obviously think everything in the garden is rosy, and the sport doesn't have a problem, picking that up like you have.

Wednesday has always been good night to race, with little or no other meetings. But there were many times this year we rode on other nights besides Wednesdays, like Monday, or a Tuesday, sometimes even on a Thursday. Your figure of 95% is way off the mark. Looking back through our fixture list, the actual figure of the occasions we race on a Wednesday is 63% . Only 12 of our 19 meetings have run on Wednesdays.. But all this is irrelevant, the idea of the suggestion is to organise the sport more professionally and appealing way to encourage more Punters, More Riders and More families.

For someone, who has watched Speedway for 50 odds years I was mentioning problems that annoy me. Thinking along those lines, What does these drawn out meeting do to new supporters, they must get really pi---ed off........and that's what needs to be addressed

• Like 1

So, according to the SS, Buster will consider standing as Chair of the BSPA if he 'has the support of all fellow promoters'?! Good luck with that then.......

Incidentally the new Chair and BSPA Committee cannot be approved next week at the AGM, is it states in their constitution that it must be done in November!!

So, according to the SS, Buster will consider standing as Chair of the BSPA if he 'has the support of all fellow promoters'?! Good luck with that then.......

Incidentally the new Chair and BSPA Committee cannot be approved next week at the AGM, is it states in their constitution that it must be done in November!!

He would be the idea person but unfortunately won't get the nod because he won't accept or tolerate the crap.

BSPA only want a yes man in charge

• Like 4

You obviously think everything in the garden is rosy, and the sport doesn't have a problem, picking that up like you have.

Wednesday has always been good night to race, with little or no other meetings. But there were many times this year we rode on other nights besides Wednesdays, like Monday, or a Tuesday, sometimes even on a Thursday. Your figure of 95% is way off the mark. Looking back through our fixture list, the actual figure of the occasions we race on a Wednesday is 63% . Only 12 of our 19 meetings have run on Wednesdays.. But all this is irrelevant, the idea of the suggestion is to organise the sport more professionally and appealing way to encourage more Punters, More Riders and More families.

For someone, who has watched Speedway for 50 odds years I was mentioning problems that annoy me. Thinking along those lines, What does these drawn out meeting do to new supporters, they must get really pi---ed off........and that's what needs to be addressed

Ok as you have been trawling through the seasons matches,tell me how many double uppers were riding for their PL teams when Lynn were riding at home.I would say less than 2.You say when teams have come to Lynn missing riders the main problem was the D/U when it hasn't,just stating a fact.You got all defensive on that.

And no I know everything isn't rosy in the garden far from it.Most fans know that.I can't believe you said that because I picked up on a something that wasn't correct ;)

Ok as you have been trawling through the seasons matches,tell me how many double uppers were riding for their PL teams when Lynn were riding at home.I would say less than 2.You say when teams have come to Lynn missing riders the main problem was the D/U when it hasn't,just stating a fact.You got all defensive on that.

And no I know everything isn't rosy in the garden far from it.Most fans know that.I can't believe you said that because I picked up on a something that wasn't correct ;)

Probably if your response was an objective opinion or a constructive criticism on the state of D/D or race nights, I would have responded differently, but to nit-pick on an example, was so trivial. The problems with the way our sport is run is a major issue. and any suggestion is worth airing.

I'm sorry if I used the wrong example...... But my point was, If someone who has followed the sport for 50 yrs, get P----d Off with slow meetings, what effect does it have on attracting new fans ???

Here are the facts:

Guests used at king's Lynn in 2015: 30

17 for Lynn riders 13 for visitors

Reasons for guests:

Injury: 22 (13 H, 9 A)

Riding abroad: 5 (2 H, 3 A)

Witholding Services 2 (Milik)

Double up 1 (Ashley Birks for Lakeside)

• Like 2

Appreciate all your fact findings. Although we don't want to use guests, it is not them that slow the meeting down like R/R do.....

Again thanks for the info...

At the young stars meeting last week there was schlein lambert and Kerr. That surely can't have been a coincidence, especially with no track work being done throughout the meeting. This would buster to have his meetings with the riders hopefully sorting out next year.

I personally would love to have NKI and lambert back. If schlein is fully fit then I think he has to go in the team. Then you have to consider bjerre as he is on a very low average but that is a big risk.

For the others I think Kerr would go in if he is fit but again could be a risk after such a big accident. Porsing has to be replaced in my view. Hasn't been good enough last 2 seasons and I think he's run out of time and needs to get a premier league place. It's a shame as he seems such a nice guy but you cannot carry people.

I too was at the meeting and saw those riders plus Lewis Rose as well. I was probably a bit slow, cause I was of the impression, they were there to support the Young Stars in a big Match. No doubt talks of next year were on everyone mine but I wouldn't have thought Buster would have conducted contract talks with everyone on the same night whilst a match was taking place.

After suffering big accidents last year, surely there must be big question marks about the return of Rory and Kerr. Each will have to prove they are back up to fitness before any contracts are sought...... I would love to see them both in the Lynn set up next year, but how far do we go with sentiment. Rory has been a tremendous ambassador for the sport and would make a brilliant Team Manager. Look at the difference Mark Lemon has made at Belle Vue. He could be the key to open the door, that has been closed for so long....

• Like 1

I too was at the meeting and saw those riders plus Lewis Rose as well. I was probably a bit slow, cause I was of the impression, they were there to support the Young Stars in a big Match. No doubt talks of next year were on everyone mine but I wouldn't have thought Buster would have conducted contract talks with everyone on the same night whilst a match was taking place.

After suffering big accidents last year, surely there must be big question marks about the return of Rory and Kerr. Each will have to prove they are back up to fitness before any contracts are sought...... I would love to see them both in the Lynn set up next year, but how far do we go with sentiment. Rory has been a tremendous ambassador for the sport and would make a brilliant Team Manager. Look at the difference Mark Lemon has made at Belle Vue. He could be the key to open the door, that has been closed for so long....

Nobody can prove their fitness until they've thrown their leg over a bike. No matter how much gym work these guys do it'll be their mental state that counts. We can't judge that until tapes up. If the say they want to ride and Buster & Rob believe in them then why wouldn't contract talks already be done and dusted

He would be the idea person but unfortunately won't get the nod because he won't accept or tolerate the crap.

BSPA only want a yes man in charge

And therein lies one of speedways many problems :P

1. Doyle 9.44

2. Porsing 4.70

3. Lambert 6.59

4. Jonas Andersen 3.36

5. Iversen 8.98

6. Kerr 4.22

7. Rose 3.00

Ave 40.29